Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 266041 times)

• Liked: 110
Re: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline
« Reply #1590 on: August 18, 2017, 05:17:37 PM »
The day usually.
Thanks. Can anyone sign for it? What happens if no one signs and they don't leave it on doorstep. How will I be notified? 
Met in 2009
Married in 2011
Biometrics June 3rd
Documents received email June 7th
Upgraded to priority July 1st
Tracker Decided: August 16th
Decision email: August 21st!
Visa in hand: August 23rd!!!!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #1591 on: August 18, 2017, 05:19:33 PM »
Thanks. Can anyone sign for it? What happens if no one signs and they don't leave it on doorstep. How will I be notified?

All depends on the driver on the day.  Very few have had to sign for it though. Your tracking should help you figure out what to do.

« Reply #1592 on: August 18, 2017, 05:21:01 PM »
Was that on non priority from the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Non priority but upgraded to priority on July 1, got an email saying they would honor priority and place it in that queue. They obviously didn't because 52BD is about average for NP. Lots of people who upgraded to priority got their decision email muuuuuuch quicker.
Met in 2009
Married in 2011
Biometrics June 3rd

• Liked: 17
« Reply #1593 on: August 18, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »
My other half called today. They told him that we would receive an email after 10 working days stating that it was sent, then we will see something on the tracker. So after Tuesday for those of us that received the email on the 9th. Why they don't just put that in the email is beyond me.

I hope this provides some of you with comfort.

Thanks Mariam! That did provide me with comfort! And then I checked the UPS tracker two hours later and discovered that it's on its way!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:59:50 PM by ApologeticBrit »
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Country applying from: USA (Honolulu)
Nationality: US Citizen
Online application: 12 May
Biometrics appointment: 16 May (HNL)
Package arrived: 24 May
Tracker updated with "Decided": Initially 02 August, updated to 06 August
Decision email: 09 August
Visa delivered: 22 August

• Liked: 957
« Reply #1594 on: August 18, 2017, 09:35:32 PM »
Non priority but upgraded to priority on July 1, got an email saying they would honor priority and place it in that queue. They obviously didn't because 52BD is about average for NP. Lots of people who upgraded to priority got their decision email muuuuuuch quicker.
It sounds like they may have added it to the priority queue on July 1 based on those times? But not put it in with the priority submitted on the original date it arrived in Sheffield.

« Reply #1595 on: August 18, 2017, 10:16:07 PM »
It sounds like they may have added it to the priority queue on July 1 based on those times? But not put it in with the priority submitted on the original date it arrived in Sheffield.

I agree, that is a definite possibility. I'll never know for sure. All I do know is that they better send that passport to me soon, I have a plane to catch! (No tickets booked yet!)
Met in 2009
Married in 2011
Biometrics June 3rd

• Liked: 30
« Reply #1596 on: August 19, 2017, 12:33:30 PM »
I agree, that is a definite possibility. I'll never know for sure. All I do know is that they better send that passport to me soon, I have a plane to catch! (No tickets booked yet!)
Congrats Brenna ;D

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #1597 on: August 19, 2017, 04:07:59 PM »
Decided on the tracker this morning!!!!!     Omg!!!!!!

(applauseclapclapclapwhistleXenayellclapclapclap)  ;0)
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

• Liked: 40
« Reply #1598 on: August 20, 2017, 12:40:08 AM »

Congratulations!! Quick question how did you upgrade to priority if your application was already submitted?
10/13/17-Biometrics
10/18/17-Email Conf.
Nov-Dec🙌🏾🙏🏽🙏🏽
Child apprvd Email-11/19-17
Fiancé visa apprvd 9/19/17

« Reply #1599 on: August 20, 2017, 01:14:37 AM »

Congratulations!! Quick question how did you upgrade to priority if your application was already submitted?
I went to the VFS global website and found a way to pay. I then emailed a PDF copy of priority receipt to Sheffield and I also physically mailed a copy with the words PRIORITY written on the outside. They did not honor the upgrade. I wouldn't recommend this route, although I would do it again, because are the time, people were getting quicker responses after paying retrograde priority.
Was worth a shot. Just sucks they didn't honor it!
Met in 2009
Married in 2011
Biometrics June 3rd

• Liked: 18
« Reply #1600 on: August 20, 2017, 02:09:12 AM »
Does anyone else hate the wait more on weekends? It's like there's no hoping if today's the day. Plus not spending the weekend with your spouse when friends are doing things with their husbands/wives. It would have been easier to fall in love with a Brit :(

Day 54 on Monday so am hoping we don't get an email saying 'not straight forward' this week.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #1601 on: August 20, 2017, 03:10:12 AM »
Does anyone else hate the wait more on weekends? It's like there's no hoping if today's the day. Plus not spending the weekend with your spouse when friends are doing things with their husbands/wives. It would have been easier to fall in love with a Brit :(

Yes, the stress seems to sting particularly on the weekends. When talking with Herself I've taken to calling Friday 'heavy sigh-day', because silly jokes are paramount to human survival and because with each passing one it'll be at least another three nights of not knowing. Another chunk of summer unshared and gone forever.

Not least our wedding, I've lost count of the weekend plans we'd made for this summer that have evaporated while our future rots uncertain in a pile on a desk in Sheffield.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:55:06 AM by Poliphilus »
Application: Settlement → Settlement → Fiancé (non priority)
Applied in: Canada (Vancouver)
Biometrics: 27 April
Non-straightforward notice: 19 July (day 58!)

Decision email: 20 November (day 145!)
Return courier tracking: DHL 20 November
Visa issued: 22 November

• Liked: 30
« Reply #1602 on: August 20, 2017, 05:07:01 AM »
Yes, the stress seems to sting particularly on the weekends. When talking with Herself I've taken to calling Friday 'heavy sigh-day', because silly jokes are paramount to human survival and because with each passing one it'll be at least another three nights of not knowing. Another chunk of summer unshared and gone forever.

Not least our wedding, I've lost count of the weekend plans we'd made for this summer that have evaporated while our future rots uncertain in a pile on a desk in Sheffield.
I got not straight forward email on 7th july they never asked for any documents on 24th july they contacted my HR. Since then nothing no email no phone what i am told by a friend that after speaki g with employer they make decision in 4 to 5 weeks i hope she is right by saying that ::)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:35:54 AM by Disappointed-One »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #1603 on: August 20, 2017, 06:42:00 AM »

Day 54 on Monday so am hoping we don't get an email saying 'not straight forward' this week.

Decisions happen on weekends too. Never give up hope!  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #1604 on: August 20, 2017, 06:53:32 AM »
Quick question how did you upgrade to priority if your application was already submitted?

The VFS global website specifically states that you can't upgrade to priority once the application has been sent.
As Brenna mentioned though, we had a few members earlier in the year take a chance and it looks like theirs were honored.
However we advise against trying, especially now with the backlog at Sheffield being so great, as there is a high likelihood that you would just be throwing away the not insubstantial priority fee.

Can I purchase Priority Visa Service/Settlement Priority Visa Service if I have already submitted my application at the UKVI?

No, you cannot purchase the Priority Visa Service/Settlement Priority Visa service once you have submitted your application to the respective UKVI Consulate for processing.

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/frequently_asked_questions.html

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab