Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 265753 times)

• Liked: 9
Re: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline
« Reply #2850 on: January 04, 2018, 07:08:32 PM »
Hello - business day 60 for me today on my second application. I have been apart from my husband since June and really starting to lose my marbles. I'm glad for some activity again on this thread, even though it is not the joy of decisions just yet.

Otherwise, I'm definitely starting to believe that Guardian article.

Do pass this along. I would love to read something other than timeline sites and that my return shipping tracking number hasn't been found :D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:34:41 PM by LAwaiting »
Type of Application:  Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority) Second time applying; first was denied
Country applying from:  USA
Nationality:  UK Citizen; husband is US Citizen
Biometrics:  12 Oct
Online application:  16 Oct
Package sent:  17 Oct
Package arrived:  19 Oct
UKVI receipt of application:  30 Oct
UKVI "non straightforward" email: 24 Nov
Decision made email: 23 Jan
Approval: 30 Jan

• Liked: 68
« Reply #2851 on: January 04, 2018, 07:38:37 PM »
Someone posted this in another thread - obviously not really sure the validity of the information due to it being from whistleblowers, but I found it interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/25/asylum-offices-constant-state-crisis-say-whistleblowers-home-office
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Met Husband: 10 September 2015
Got married: 13 October 2017
Online application: 26 Nov 2017
Decision email received: 8 March 2018 (68 BD)
Passport received: 12 March 2018 - APPROVED!
Arrived in the UK: 31 March 2018
FLR(M) Extension Submitted: 15 September 2020
Submitted Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 8 October 2020
FLR(M) Approval: 30 December 2020
SET(M) Submitted: 15 July 2023
Submitted Docs & Biometrics: 10 August 2023
SET (M) Approved: 13 October 2023

« Reply #2852 on: January 06, 2018, 10:23:52 AM »
Someone posted this in another thread - obviously not really sure the validity of the information due to it being from whistleblowers, but I found it interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/25/asylum-offices-constant-state-crisis-say-whistleblowers-home-office

Interesting. Sounds about right in my experience. I may have been victim to some of these.   :-\\\\
Type of Application:  Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority) Second time applying; first was denied

• Liked: 59
« Reply #2853 on: January 10, 2018, 08:29:27 PM »
I'm just going to say I'm rooting for every single one of you guys (priority and gold included of course!), so, just going to leave some good vibes, good luck guys, I hope this picks up pace :)
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

« Reply #2854 on: January 10, 2018, 10:25:16 PM »
I'm just going to say I'm rooting for every single one of you guys (priority and gold included of course!), so, just going to leave some good vibes, good luck guys, I hope this picks up pace :)

Thank you! I am no where near where LAwaiting is and I just about lost it today. I am not even 30 business days into the waiting and I'm losing all hope that I'll hear anything soon. Perhaps it's just a rough day but ugh. It would be really great to be able to see my husband again - last saw him in October shortly after our wedding.

« Reply #2855 on: January 11, 2018, 08:28:48 PM »
Thank you! I am no where near where LAwaiting is and I just about lost it today. I am not even 30 business days into the waiting and I'm losing all hope that I'll hear anything soon. Perhaps it's just a rough day but ugh. It would be really great to be able to see my husband again - last saw him in October shortly after our wedding.

Hang in there. It sucks but hopefully will be worth it. If anything all the people here understand the pain!

• Liked: 59
« Reply #2856 on: January 12, 2018, 12:49:00 AM »

LAwaiting is right at least here you're surrounded by those who can truly comprehend all you're going through. Rough days are going to happen, but know we're all in this together so rant/take a break from here if it helps clear your mind/chat us up if you have to! Don't be discouraged :) All we need is have that hang in there sign with the tiny kitten lol
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

• Liked: 5
« Reply #2857 on: January 12, 2018, 06:19:14 PM »
Looks like the priority folks are now starting to hear back after the lull! So there's hope for us to hear soon too. :)
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa from USA (non priority)
Met husband: Jun 2005
Applied for and refused a UK fiance visa based on not enough time living together: Nov 2009
Got married: 11 Feb 2012
Online application: 14 Nov 2017
Biometrics: 24 Nov 2017
Application received email: 27 Nov 2017
Application mailed: 6 Dec 2017
Application received in Sheffield: 8 Dec 2017
Request for Appendix 2: 8 Dec 2017
Appendix 2 Emailed: 13 Dec 2017
Decision email received: 20 Feb 2018
Refusal received: 22 Feb 2018

« Reply #2858 on: January 15, 2018, 06:19:19 PM »
Another week has passed without anyone here hearing anything back. Let's see if we get any information for the people in this thread this week.

I'm starting to get a bit concerned as I had my proposed travel date as January 26th. I have a friend who is getting married in the states on February 24th and I was thinking that since I haven't heard, I might be able to hang around for her wedding. Then it hit me, if they make a decision in the next 11 days and it's an approval, my vignette will likely start on January 26th... which means I can't even go to her wedding as February 24th will be the 30th day from January 26th.

We also have other friends who are getting married in Russia on the 16th of February, so even if I were to hear back soon, I will likely still miss that. I'm essentially in a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation now. UKVI is going to give me a mental breakdown.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2859 on: January 15, 2018, 06:38:23 PM »
I'm starting to get a bit concerned as I had my proposed travel date as January 26th. I have a friend who is getting married in the states on February 24th and I was thinking that since I haven't heard, I might be able to hang around for her wedding. Then it hit me, if they make a decision in the next 11 days and it's an approval, my vignette will likely start on January 26th... which means I can't even go to her wedding as February 24th will be the 30th day from January 26th.

We also have other friends who are getting married in Russia on the 16th of February, so even if I were to hear back soon, I will likely still miss that. I'm essentially in a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation now. UKVI is going to give me a mental breakdown.

If that does happen, what you could do (if it's feasible for you money-wise) is fly to the UK within the 30 days, pick up your BRP, then fly to Russia for the wedding on Feb 16th and/or fly back to the US to attend the wedding on Feb 24th... and then return to the UK after that.

« Reply #2860 on: January 15, 2018, 06:47:42 PM »
If that does happen, what you could do (if it's feasible for you money-wise) is fly to the UK within the 30 days, pick up your BRP, then fly to Russia for the wedding on Feb 16th and/or fly back to the US to attend the wedding on Feb 24th... and then return to the UK after that.

It was really more of a one or the other kind of thing. I think we were hoping that we might hear in enough time for me to make the Russia wedding, but if we didn't, that I would be able to stick around for the US wedding. Obviously, I have no idea how this might all work out. I might hear back tomorrow - I might hear back February 15th. It's all up in the air at this point.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2861 on: January 15, 2018, 07:24:34 PM »
Have you applied for your Russian visa yet?  If not, I would go for the USA wedding.  The Russian one could get to complicated.   :-\\\\

« Reply #2862 on: January 15, 2018, 07:32:35 PM »
Have you applied for your Russian visa yet?  If not, I would go for the USA wedding.  The Russian one could get to complicated.   :-\\\\

Nope, since I don't have my passport, I can't apply for the Russian one either. I've been in touch with one of the visa companies in the UK to ensure that I can even apply for one in the UK given the fresh immigration status and they've assured me several times that I can. I don't know if I really believe them, but we'll see. The husband is a police officer in the UK, he just applied for his visa and they dropped the news on him while turning the application in that he may have to wait an additional 21 business days (on top of the standard 6-8) since he is a police officer. While I am disappointed that I likely won't get to go to Russia, I can always see if I can change my ticket to a later date and just go to see St. Petersburg on my own or with a friend (husband has stated that after all the hoops that he's had to go through with this Russia trip, it absolutely never wants to go to Russia again - he's seen it all anyway, did the Mongol Rally as a teenager).

I'm kind of just hoping at this point that they don't grant me my visa before January 26th so that I can hang out in the US a few days longer and get to go to my friend's wedding. Probably the only person in this entire forum to say that  ;D

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2863 on: January 15, 2018, 07:35:23 PM »
Nope, since I don't have my passport, I can't apply for the Russian one either. I've been in touch with one of the visa companies in the UK to ensure that I can even apply for one in the UK given the fresh immigration status and they've assured me several times that I can. I don't know if I really believe them, but we'll see. The husband is a police officer in the UK, he just applied for his visa and they dropped the news on him while turning the application in that he may have to wait an additional 21 business days (on top of the standard 6-8) since he is a police officer. While I am disappointed that I likely won't get to go to Russia, I can always see if I can change my ticket to a later date and just go to see St. Petersburg on my own or with a friend (husband has stated that after all the hoops that he's had to go through with this Russia trip, it absolutely never wants to go to Russia again - he's seen it all anyway, did the Mongol Rally as a teenager).

Wow... I'm glad that when I went to Russia, it was for a school trip - all we had to do was fill out some forms and the school sorted out the visa stuff for us :P.

• Liked: 46
« Reply #2864 on: January 15, 2018, 07:41:08 PM »

I'm kind of just hoping at this point that they don't grant me my visa before January 26th so that I can hang out in the US a few days longer and get to go to my friend's wedding. Probably the only person in this entire forum to say that  ;D

bisousdarling, I am Russian, and I was helping out with visas for all my friends. First of all, you can pay for the priority service in the embassy, and your visa for Russia will be issued within 1 day. Secondly, you don't need any visa company (apart from tourist invitation), a hotel can do it for you as well for free. There is the same VFS in UK, and everything is very easy.
Application#1(Fiance)
Bio-metrics Appointment and scan: 16th Nov
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 17th Nov
Decision Made E-Mail: 19th January 2018
43 business days, Rejection
Application #2 Spouse (from France)
Bio-metrics Appointment and docs scan 08 March 2018
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 05 April 2018
Decision made email from Visa center: 25 April 2018
32 business days

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab