Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 266266 times)

• Liked: 210
Re: Non-priority March April May
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 12:17:22 AM »
It's only 5 years. You can apply for citizenship as soon as you have ILR.

Ah! But I suppose, realistically, getting ILR will take a while and then citizenship can take up to 6 months. *sigh*
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 9
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 03:39:24 AM »
We have the exact same timeline!  E-mail confirmation on April 24th, non-priority.  I recently sent them an e-mail asking for an updated timeline though I assume they won't respond. 
I was literally just thinking "I wish there was a thread for non-priority apps". I felt kind of alone just stalking the non-priority Feb one.

Application finished: April 15
Biometrics: April 18
Shipped via VFS: April 19
Arrived in Sheffield: April 21
Confirmation email: April 24
Decision:
California Woman meets Brit Husband while he was in the US for work.
Married 12/23/16
Biometrics complete 04/14/17
Application sent 04/18/17
Acknowledgement e-mail: 04/24/17
E-mail requesting status update 05/18/17 received (application still not assigned to entry clearance officer.
Ready to end this long distance relationship!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 03:58:16 AM »
Ah! But I suppose, realistically, getting ILR will take a while and then citizenship can take up to 6 months. *sigh*

It's a long haul, that's for sure!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 03:59:13 AM »
We have the exact same timeline!  E-mail confirmation on April 24th, non-priority.  I recently sent them an e-mail asking for an updated timeline though I assume they won't respond.

Hi RappaGos! Welcome to the forum.  :)

• Liked: 253
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2017, 04:01:38 AM »

Welcome to the forum!

Same. I might call them when my mom is around for me to use her US phone, but people are getting mixed signs from UKVI so I'm not too sure.

If nothing else, solidarity in our own forum here XD
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2017, 09:01:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Same. I might call them when my mom is around for me to use her US phone, but people are getting mixed signs from UKVI so I'm not too sure.

If nothing else, solidarity in our own forum here XD

Honestly it's a waste of money to call.  They can't see your application so the info isn't accurate.  But I understand it makes people feel better and like they are doing something.

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2017, 01:34:40 PM »
Honestly it's a waste of money to call.  They can't see your application so the info isn't accurate.  But I understand it makes people feel better and like they are doing something.

I know that (logically) calling does nothing, but my anxiety is getting worse and worse while waiting so it's the lesser of two evils at this point XD
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

• Liked: 84
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2017, 02:09:28 PM »
Ugh, our lease is up this month and we've decided it makes no sense to renew even on a month to month basis and pay New York city rates for a 3 bedroom. I'm thinking I'll just find a room somewhere as this carries on. Which means I'm going to need to change my address.  Do you guys think I can just request UPS to reroute when and if I ever get a visa?

Waiting sucks. My husband and three-year old are going to have to leave ahead of me.

Sorry, I'm just in a state of anxious panicked frustration! 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:32:01 PM by purplepeopleeater »
Documents sent 10 April
Received: 13 April
Decision email: 22 May

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2017, 02:24:11 PM »
Ugh, our lease is up this month and we've decided it makes no sense to renew even on a month to month basis and pay New York city rates for a 3 bedroom. I' thinking I'll just find a room somewhere as this carries on. Which means I'm going to need to change my address.  Do you guys think I can just request UPS to reroute when and if I ever get a visa?

Waiting sucks. My husband and three-year old are going to have to leave ahead of me.

dude, totally understand. UPS does allow rerouting- we had the same discussion here: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=90168.375

It does say that you may be charged for this fee on their website. One person said that it worked for her even though she shipped through VFS.

I would call UPS to double check because I basically just went by what the UPS website states.

And I understand the waiting sucks part. I can only imagine how much worse it can be with a move and kid involved.

• Alors, tu te rappelleras tout ce que je te dis là
  • Liked: 150
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2017, 02:57:04 PM »
Ugh, our lease is up this month and we've decided it makes no sense to renew even on a month to month basis and pay New York city rates for a 3 bedroom. I'm thinking I'll just find a room somewhere as this carries on. Which means I'm going to need to change my address.  Do you guys think I can just request UPS to reroute when and if I ever get a visa?

I feel your pain! I don't have a kid, but I am also in NYC, and also have a lease ending in May. If I don't have the visa in hand by May 31, I guess I'll be staying in an AirBnB near the UPS store, as I'll also have to pick up/intercept my package in that most annoying of scenarios...
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Applied spouse visa 17/04/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2017, 03:20:40 PM »
Ah nonmerci, thank you for commiserating. I'm also partly annoyed that I don't even know how long I'll need a room for - so I can't even budget for it.  And also, what am I going to tell the airbnb/sublessor?  Hey, I may need it for a week, or maybe a month, I'm not sure yet?  I'm taking it one day at a time?  Yeah, that'll go over so well.  I don't even know what I'm going to do if I get a rejection.  I foresee a nomadic lifestyle of airbnb/sublet hopping...

PS - I'm sure you've already done your research, but for sharing purposes, here's the UPS page on intercepts: https://www.ups.com/deliveryintercept.

Anyway, thank you guys.  It really helps to be able to vent and feel a little less isolated in visa limbo!

Documents sent 10 April

• Alors, tu te rappelleras tout ce que je te dis là
  • Liked: 150
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »
Ah nonmerci, thank you for commiserating. I'm also partly annoyed that I don't even know how long I'll need a room for - so I can't even budget for it.  And also, what am I going to tell the airbnb/sublessor?  Hey, I may need it for a week, or maybe a month, I'm not sure yet?  I'm taking it one day at a time?  Yeah, that'll go over so well.  I don't even know what I'm going to do if I get a rejection.  I foresee a nomadic lifestyle of airbnb/sublet hopping...

PS - I'm sure you've already done your research, but for sharing purposes, here's the UPS page on intercepts: https://www.ups.com/deliveryintercept.

Anyway, thank you guys.  It really helps to be able to vent and feel a little less isolated in visa limbo!

Ahh, yeah, I cycle through ALL of those "nomadic/homeless in NYC" scenarios, especially in the event of a refusal. :-o And LOL @ the "maybe a day, maybe a week, who knows really?" That's about the size of it!! Please, UKVI, don't unleash us into the NYC unknown...
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Applied spouse visa 17/04/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

• Liked: 210
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2017, 03:55:05 PM »

Ugh, yeah. I foresee myself living out of my car... :( I was hoping someone might need a house sitter/pet sitter, but those are tough to get.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2017, 04:08:06 PM »
I wish I knew what the stats are for rejections.  I've heard that in other countries where you submit docs during your biometrics, you can ask them to do a quick check to make sure you've got all the documentation in.  So if you're denied, it won't be because of lack of documents. I really wish we had that in the US.
Documents sent 10 April

• Liked: 79
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2017, 04:11:45 PM »
I wish I knew what the stats are for rejections.  I've heard that in other countries where you submit docs during your biometrics, you can ask them to do a quick check to make sure you've got all the documentation in.  So if you're denied, it won't be because of lack of documents. I really wish we had that in the US.

Applicants from the US have a 95-98% acceptance rate as reported by other members on the board. Not sure where these statistics are gotten from, but I remember seeing them a month or two ago.

Sponsored Links