Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 265793 times)

• Liked: 257
Re: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline - June/July 2017
« Reply #960 on: July 20, 2017, 08:06:09 PM »
well that helps!, We will keep our eyes opened for the email. but I am hoping Sheffield (who i know from working in government departments before in the UK are probably understaffed and overwhelmed) process the applications in a normal time frame :)
Type of Application: FLR M
Country applying from: UK, London
Nationality: US Citizen
Online application: 12th June 2020
Sopra Steria Doc Upload: TBC
Biometrics: Awaiting to book appointment
FLR M Received/New BRP: Awaiting

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #961 on: July 20, 2017, 08:11:15 PM »
...Sheffield (who i know from working in government departments before in the UK are probably understaffed and overwhelmed..

Hit the nail on the head there!  :)

• Liked: 253
Re: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline
« Reply #962 on: July 20, 2017, 08:44:50 PM »
Hi j2j! Welcome to the NP side :)

And yeah, that's probably exactly what's happening in Sheffield atm...
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 110
« Reply #963 on: July 21, 2017, 12:27:13 AM »
It can take a couple of weeks to receive the acknowledgement email for a non-priority application, so yours might just not have been sent yet.

For the record though, all they mean when they say 'application is ready to be processed' is that your application has been put in the queue and will be assessed by an ECO when they get to it... there could be hundreds of applications in line ahead of yours which need to be processed before the ECO gets to yours.

Current non-priority processing times seem to be around 50-55 working days.

Looking at the spreadsheet, most people who applied in April got their decisions in early July. No one from May has received a decision yet and there have only been two non-priority applications added to the spreadsheet since May (none in June and two in mid-July).

It's just an automated email sent when they open the application... sometimes applications are missed and they forget to send the email.
  I got an email from Sheffield the same day that my application was received via online tracking and it said " we have received your online application and are processing it." Is this the confirmation email? Seems odd that it Would come the same day they received application.
Met in 2009
Married in 2011
Biometrics June 3rd
Documents received email June 7th
Upgraded to priority July 1st
Tracker Decided: August 16th
Decision email: August 21st!
Visa in hand: August 23rd!!!!

• Liked: 16
« Reply #964 on: July 21, 2017, 12:31:47 AM »

Just an update to say that we finally have a descion and UPS tracking! Such a huge relief. This has been one of the most difficult things ever. My wife and I have been married for 7 years and due to other family circumstances and the draconian immigration policy, we have been apart since December 2016. DECEMBER 2016! That is inhumane in the modern world. Thankful we don’t have children yet. Not sure of the exact business days but application was received, non priority, April 23rd. 70+ business days? It’s been a massive strain but we are finally there.

Thank you to everyone here for the support. We shouldn’t believe all we read on forums but this group is very very helpful indeed. I am in touch with my MP and I will NOT stop communicating with her about the trouble we have all (and others to follow) gone through until she brings it up at Prime Ministers question time. These policies are anti-family and against human rights. We all have a RIGHT to be with our families. Sure, we need some form of control, but if you’re a law abiding citizen of the UK and are legitimately married there HAS to be a fast track system in place. I have a very good friend who is an immigration lawyer and we have a plan to start an action group. This process has made me furious and not at all proud to be British. This is only the beginning of my fight.

Keep believing and remember that there is an end. Make this process something that strengthens the bond with your partner. Make a mantra that you will not turn the long distance communication negative, that way when the Visa comes through you can revel in the excitement of being reunited.

Peace love and no borders…. within reason!   x
Married 7 years
App received April 23rd 2017
US non-priority

« Reply #965 on: July 21, 2017, 01:52:40 AM »
Firstly a huge congtatilations, I am baffled to see the time frame it has taken to get your approval!

I'm glad you are taking this to highest of authorities and your MP ASAP, I would be doing the same should I be in your shoes.

Did they manage to tell you why there was such a delay?

• Liked: 48
« Reply #966 on: July 21, 2017, 03:14:36 AM »
Bah, still nothing on my end here. Hating that I'll probably have to pay another month's rent here...

In case anyone was interested in how it looked when they contacted me to pay my son's IHS here it is:

Name:  -------------
GWF reference:  --------------------

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment needed

On 6 April 2015, the UK Government introduced a Health Surcharge payment requirement for non-EEA nationals who apply to come to the UK to work, study or join family for a period of more than 6 months. The consideration of your visa application has been deferred because you have not made that payment.

What you need to do next:

You must make the payment by visiting: https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/payment/UseTopupKey/----------------

Please note that if the full payment is not made by 20th July 2017 then your application will be refused.  If this is the only reason for refusing your application, you will have to make a new visa application and your visa fees will not be refunded.

To prevent any further delays with processing your application, once you have made this payment please send an e-mail to ihs.sheffield@fco.gsi.gov.uk containing your name, GWF reference and the amount that you have paid for IHS.

Want to find out more?

To speak to someone about this, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi

To find out more about IHS: www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application

To find out about refunds: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

Thank you.

UK Decision Making Centre

I paid on the 13th when I received the email and did everything they asked, but here I am still waiting   :\\\'(

« Reply #967 on: July 21, 2017, 03:20:10 AM »
Keiki, this may be an obvious question, but did you submit the IHS reference number (the one you were sent after you made the IHS payment) with all the docs to sheffield?

UKVI may have assumed that you have not paid the surcharge if you didnt include the reference number for the IHS payment with your application... just a thought, hope it works out. The other option is to send them the copy of the email you received from the IHS Surcharge payment in response to this email you asking for it, the email would have contained the IHS reference number in it...

« Reply #968 on: July 21, 2017, 03:26:45 AM »
Unfortunately, yes.  But the good news is that Sheffield seems to be working much quicker on non-priority applications this year!

well thats good to know, I do find it baffling how long some of these processes actually take... Curious to know as to what makes you say that Sheffield are handling them quicker this year?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:28:11 AM by j2j »

• Liked: 48
« Reply #969 on: July 21, 2017, 03:28:04 AM »
Keiki, this may be an obvious question, but did you submit the IHS reference number (the one you were sent after you made the IHS payment) with all the docs to sheffield?

UKVI may have assumed that you have not paid the surcharge if you didnt include the reference number for the IHS payment with your application... just a thought, hope it works out. The other option is to send them the copy of the email you received from the IHS Surcharge payment in response to this email you asking for it, the email would have contained the IHS reference number in it...

Because I had to fill out a child's application for him from the very start they didn't charge the IHS fee up front, and I knew at some point I would have to pay it. Its not the issue with paying it, I had no problem with that, I knew I would have to. I had paid my IHS fee when I applied like usual and included that information along with the IHS number they gave my son without having to pay.

I guess it't just waiting for them to finally realize that I've paid it and getting them to get all their ducks in a row to get the actual decision done. I'm just grumbling I suppose....

« Reply #970 on: July 21, 2017, 03:34:09 AM »
Because I had to fill out a child's application for him from the very start they didn't charge the IHS fee up front, and I knew at some point I would have to pay it. Its not the issue with paying it, I had no problem with that, I knew I would have to. I had paid my IHS fee when I applied like usual and included that information along with the IHS number they gave my son without having to pay.

I guess it't just waiting for them to finally realize that I've paid it and getting them to get all their ducks in a row to get the actual decision done. I'm just grumbling I suppose....

I can only imagine, its actually really sad to such disappointing time-frames from UK government bodies in terms of the way they handle applications and the time frames are just ludicrous! I had worked for the UK government many many years ago and it seems to the same thing everywhere in terms of lack of process or governence...

When we applied for my wifes spousal visa a few weeks ago, I already noticed so many errors in the process, from the postcode of sheffield address to send the supporting documents (email confirmation for online application said one post code, whilst the appointment letter said anything and the website said another!?) and the also noticed that the online application suggests that you are to send the documents to NYC and NOT sheffield, even though the website says that settlement applications are all processed here in the UK (Sheffield) and not at British consulates overseas... All in all it seems like its about time they do a complete process overhaul in the management of settlement visa... I for one (having trawled through this forum at length) will be sending my views to ministers and politicians in the near future to advise them of the terrible experiences people have had and the declining service standards in terms of the handling of settlement visa applications, I am sure we will all get there in the end but I can only understand the emotional stress and upheaval this causes so many people.

Hang in there :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #971 on: July 21, 2017, 06:00:29 AM »
  I got an email from Sheffield the same day that my application was received via online tracking and it said " we have received your online application and are processing it." Is this the confirmation email? Seems odd that it Would come the same day they received application.

Yes, it's the confirmation email, and the faster you get it, the better :). Ideally everyone would get it on the same day their application was received, but when it's busy it can take up to several days to sort through the massive pile of applications being delivered every day and send out the emails.

So, the fact that you got yours so quickly implies that either Sheffield aren't so busy or they have more people going through the applications right now and so can send out the emails faster.

• Liked: 27
« Reply #972 on: July 21, 2017, 01:19:05 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome <3
Keiki, thanks for that IHS info. I'm still waiting for the same for my son.

hey @anicelady & @Waitingtraci! the three of us are all on the same day. hopefully its getting close!!

I'm crossing fingers (toes, arms; and at this point -- eyes! :o haha)
-Non-priority spousal visa & son's settlement visa-
Date of visa application: 26 April (27 April GMT) 2017
Visas received: 3 August 2017
-FLR(M) -
Date of visa application: 7 April 2020
Date of IDV app invite: 7 September 2020
Date of IDV completion: 14 September 2020
Additional document email: 7 December 2020
Application result email: 9 December 2020
BRPs received: 14 December 2020

• Liked: 110
« Reply #973 on: July 21, 2017, 03:04:33 PM »
Yes, it's the confirmation email, and the faster you get it, the better :). Ideally everyone would get it on the same day their application was received, but when it's busy it can take up to several days to sort through the massive pile of applications being delivered every day and send out the emails.

So, the fact that you got yours so quickly implies that either Sheffield aren't so busy or they have more people going through the applications right now and so can send out the emails faster.
Thanks! Now just crossing my fingers that when I upgraded, they didnt put me to the back of the priority section,
Otherwise it will look like I applied July 1 instead of June 7. Ugh the stress of it all. Really need to fly August 10.
Met in 2009
Married in 2011
Biometrics June 3rd
Documents received email June 7th
Upgraded to priority July 1st
Tracker Decided: August 16th
Decision email: August 21st!
Visa in hand: August 23rd!!!!

« Reply #974 on: July 21, 2017, 04:52:48 PM »
Hi All,

Thought I would give you an update after a relatively informative call with the UKVI call centre.

According to them, due to their own internal processes, once the applications are sent to Sheffield on some occasions people will get an acknowledgment email and some may not, this makes no difference.

Having enquired about our case the person on the phone confirmed that all has been received by Sheffield, but the only emails we will be getting are the decision emails once it has been processed.

According to their current non priority timeline for US Citizens they have advised between 2 to 2.5 months for processing.

The person was also informative enough to open a case ID during the call in case any further enquiries are to be made of a similar nature.

I know most people have not had the best experiences with the call centre, however, I thought I would give an update after my call a few minutes ago.

Thanks,

J2j

Sponsored Links