Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spiders & Ceiling bugs? WTF?  (Read 2591 times)

• Liked: 10
Spiders & Ceiling bugs? WTF?
« on: May 17, 2017, 02:12:19 AM »
We seem to have an endless amount of spiders in our bathroom right next to our toilet (which tbh makes me scared sh*tless to use it most of the time, I hate the damn spiders)

One time I was in the bathroom i turned around and saw a spider in each of the damn corners of our bathroom, now they are starting to party in our shower as well. WTF am I to do?? They are all the same type of spider.

Another thing too; We have this weird bugs that we don't see fly but we always see them just chillin' on the ceiling. They are easy to squish and don't move much while trying to get them, but they leave these really gross brown spots. WTH are they?

Does anyone know what I can do about the fkin spiders?? I'm so done with it.

• Liked: 154
Re: Spiders & Ceiling bugs? WTF?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 05:28:58 AM »
We seem to have an endless amount of spiders in our bathroom right next to our toilet (which tbh makes me scared sh*tless to use it most of the time, I hate the damn spiders)

One time I was in the bathroom i turned around and saw a spider in each of the damn corners of our bathroom, now they are starting to party in our shower as well. WTF am I to do?? They are all the same type of spider.

Another thing too; We have this weird bugs that we don't see fly but we always see them just chillin' on the ceiling. They are easy to squish and don't move much while trying to get them, but they leave these really gross brown spots. WTH are they?

Are the bugs on the ceiling little tiny things? I keep finding these tiny tiny bugs around our windows and sometimes in ceiling corners. They are dark brown/black and somewhat crunch when you kill them but. They are slow moving if they move at all. I've been struggling to find out what they are.

As far as the spiders go, I think it's something to get used to here. I had one crawl across the bed whilst I was trying to take a nap Saturday. CREEEPY! I don't give them a reason to hang around, but I think it's part of living in an old home.

I don't open my kitchen window because of the fat spiders that web their way from the bushes outside up to my first floor windows.

I particularly hate the giant (harmless) house spiders. They move so quick, and I feel like they look at you like " I'm here to freak you out " lol

I read peppermint oil helps. Haven't tried it yet myself.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 10:41:45 AM »
If you don't have pets you can put boric acid at entry points, it eats through insect exoskelotons and causes them to dehydrate and die.

It's not toxic, but it's best to keep away from children and pets to be on the safe side.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 07:56:53 AM »
This is definitely a downside to British summer. The lack of a/c means opening windows and opening windows means creepy crawly things! I think I may try the boric acid or peppermint oil.

A spider stopped me from going to the bathroom the other night. It was just there...on the bath mat, laughing at me surely. Made my husband go to get it. He was useless. It scurried off somewhere behind the toilet. I held it in for a good while to make sure it didnt come back out haha

• Liked: 10
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 09:58:30 AM »
Thanks a bunch you guys!! One thing I don't get about the spiders is that we never have the window in our bathroom open (still way too cold) so idk where the hell they are coming from!

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 11:56:37 AM »
Yall should be nicer to the spiders .  They are hunting horrible bugs and eating them. 

I've heard that inside spiders are frequently thirsty, so sometimes I give them a saucer of water

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:08:56 PM »
Yall should be nicer to the spiders .  They are hunting horrible bugs and eating them. 

I've heard that inside spiders are frequently thirsty, so sometimes I give them a saucer of water

Maybe that's why they seem to sit in the middle of the floor staring at me .

We are lucky we don't have to many in the house, and I know their good but still creepy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 05:02:34 PM »
I always try to get them out humanely but in a panic just now when one was crawling quite quickly on the wall towards me, the weapons had to come out (bleach spray and hairspray!)

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 05:04:58 PM »
How about putting a glass over them and sliding a piece of paper under it?  Then turn the glass over and everything is fine?  Then you can just put him outside,

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 05:14:18 PM »
How about putting a glass over them and sliding a piece of paper under it?  Then turn the glass over and everything is fine?  Then you can just put him outside,

That's what I would do normally but he was running fast towards me along the wall and like I said...panic!

I apologize because I feel like I have said the wrong thing here.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:27:40 PM by BriKH »

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 11:33:30 AM »
That's what I would do normally but he was running fast towards me along the wall and like I said...panic!

I apologize because I feel like I have said the wrong thing here.

No reason to apologise!  I'm not a PETA campaigner or something.  I'm not really overly concerned about spiders, just chatting.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 12:19:58 PM »

I would be telling my husband that it's a shame because I really like our current house/living situation but I unfortunately need to burn it to the ground now...Spiders as just a massive NO for me. We have to keep doors and windows open due to the heat/humidity but it also means we welcome in the entire Bugs Life cast on a daily basis.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 116
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 12:50:42 PM »
I usually make my husband catch them and send them outside.  We live on the first floor so not as many as friends we have who live on the ground floor of their building, but we get some.

The thing that bothers me is the lack of window screens so we get random flies coming in when the windows are open.  Harmless but annoying.  I try to bat them out the way they came but sometimes it involves me running around after them for a few minutes  :-[

However I will say the bugs here are less annoying than back in NY, when I constantly got munched by mosquitoes from May to September.  No bites yet this year, when this time last year I was applying a baking soda paste to my legs to reduce swelling twice a day.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 07:11:17 PM »
I'm getting used to spiders but would love to know what those tiny black bugs are..they typically by windows. Slow moving. Drive me nuts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 12:05:53 PM »
I usually make my husband catch them and send them outside.  We live on the first floor so not as many as friends we have who live on the ground floor of their building, but we get some.

The thing that bothers me is the lack of window screens so we get random flies coming in when the windows are open.  Harmless but annoying.  I try to bat them out the way they came but sometimes it involves me running around after them for a few minutes  :-[

However I will say the bugs here are less annoying than back in NY, when I constantly got munched by mosquitoes from May to September.  No bites yet this year, when this time last year I was applying a baking soda paste to my legs to reduce swelling twice a day.

Agree RE the window screens! I'm told that net curtains will do the same thing but - at least to me - they aren't the same.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab