Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Online Application Question  (Read 242 times)

• Liked: 7
Online Application Question
« on: May 17, 2017, 11:49:24 PM »
Hi all,

We are getting ready to submit the online application. We are just stuck in two questions in the online application form for the UK Spouse Visa.

1) In my (Aplicant) oldest previous passport (non machine readable), my full name included my nick name at the end (its a stupid tradition, the name doesnt mean anything). It was a nickname and was entered there by mistake. They corrected it later on by striking the nickname out with a line and put a stamp few pages later with my appropriate full name, but there were visas issued with that previous full name. Should we say YES to the question in the application form where it asks if the applicant had any names previously? Because when I selected YES, the only reason the fits for the name change is OTHER, because its not for marriage, or name at birth. Its just a mistake on my oldest passport available in the last 10 years. Please advise if it should be a Yes or No.

I am tempted not to include this passport or mark it as lost! Is that advisable or should I not do it?

2. For the question, have you visited the UK, UK territories or Common Wealth countries in the last 10 years, do we need to put in the Visas issued for the commonwealth countries? I have been to Singapore and Malaysia, which are the commonwealth countries.

Please help us!!

thanks,
Nazzy

• Liked: 537
Re: Online Application Question
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 11:57:58 PM »
Having to send in your old passport for FLR must be new with the online form. I didn't have to.

And your question about the commonwealth countries... was also not on my paper for.

Hopefully someone can help.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 12:35:24 AM »
Hi all,

We are getting ready to submit the online application. We are just stuck in two questions in the online application form for the UK Spouse Visa.

1) In my (Aplicant) oldest previous passport (non machine readable), my full name included my nick name at the end (its a stupid tradition, the name doesnt mean anything). It was a nickname and was entered there by mistake. They corrected it later on by striking the nickname out with a line and put a stamp few pages later with my appropriate full name, but there were visas issued with that previous full name. Should we say YES to the question in the application form where it asks if the applicant had any names previously? Because when I selected YES, the only reason the fits for the name change is OTHER, because its not for marriage, or name at birth. Its just a mistake on my oldest passport available in the last 10 years. Please advise if it should be a Yes or No.

I am tempted not to include this passport or mark it as lost! Is that advisable or should I not do it?

2. For the question, have you visited the UK, UK territories or Common Wealth countries in the last 10 years, do we need to put in the Visas issued for the commonwealth countries? I have been to Singapore and Malaysia, which are the commonwealth countries.

Please help us!!

thanks,
Nazzy

At the time of application, my old passport was genuinely lost. I marked it as lost and didn't have the number.

Since then, the old (expired) passport has turned up while I've been packing.

As long as I remember NOT to enter the passport in future applications, it should be okay.

Can't help you with the name bit, but that might help?
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 12:36:35 AM »
Forgot to explain my reasoning:

Since I marked a passport lost even though I actually (unknowingly) still had it, I would guess you could do the same?

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 12:46:15 AM »
Forgot to explain my reasoning:

Since I marked a passport lost even though I actually (unknowingly) still had it, I would guess you could do the same?

Thanks, I think that would be the easier option.
But just out of curiosity, would it look bad or anything for putting lost?

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 01:04:01 AM »
Thanks, I think that would be the easier option.
But just out of curiosity, would it look bad or anything for putting lost?

I hope not! Even our lawyer said it would be fine, and also people on this forum.

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 01:06:10 AM »
I think the issue would be if you had border entry rejections or deportations stamped into your passport.

I was really, really worried because I didn't have the exact dates for some of my overseas trips, and people here said it would be fine.

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 01:11:16 AM »
Thanks! Yeah I have never had any border issues on that passport. That's the oldest passport I have from 2006-2012.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 06:15:47 AM »
Having to send in your old passport for FLR must be new with the online form. I didn't have to.

And your question about the commonwealth countries... was also not on my paper for.

Hopefully someone can help.

Nazzy is not applying for FLR(M), they are applying for a spousal visa.

So, they do need to include old passports and the travel history as requested on the form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 134
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 09:49:35 AM »
Is there a space at the end of that section for any additional explanations or comments?  You may want to explain about the name on the old passport and how there is a correction inside there.  You could also address it in a cover letter if there does not seem to be an appropriate space on the visa application form itself.

It's been a couple of years since I filled out my form but I listed every trip I had made outside of the US in the specified timeframe to the best of my ability.  If there is space for listing Commonwealth countries then list them there.  I would only leave them off if it specifically says 'excluding the UK and Commonwealth countries' in the question.  I had to guess on some of the dates as I didn't get a passport stamp for Canada when we visited but month and year were acceptable.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

Sponsored Links