Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Things you desperately miss?  (Read 4742 times)

• Liked: 10
Things you desperately miss?
« on: May 18, 2017, 10:28:36 AM »
Not sure if there is a thread like this here, I did take a quick scan and didn't see one.
 If there is would someone please let me know? Sorry in advance!

Hoagies from Wawa
Soft pretzels
ACTUAL FRAPPES (I had one some costa that was literally just like iced coffee :()
Maruchan Ramen (I know the stuff is horrible but good god it is good every once in a while)
Kraft Mac & Cheese
Quick & cheap frozen burritos to just throw in the microwave
KitKats (I'm not a fan of much chocolate but I loved the chocolate used in kitkats in the states, but I'm pretty sure it's different here. Just doesn't taste the same.)
TACO BELL

• Liked: 585
Re: Things you desperately miss?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 01:17:35 PM »
Here's a list of the UK Taco Bell locations... maybe none are near you, but might be worth a day trip?
http://www.tacobelluk.co.uk/contact/

Tesco have Amys Kitchen frozen burritos... I just bought some recently, and we didn't really like them, but if it's something you're used to, maybe they will be ok for you?

• Liked: 134
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 02:00:40 PM »
The McDonald's frappes taste pretty much the same as in the US, though it is McDonald's...
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 154
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 08:05:30 PM »
We have an Auntie Anne's pretzel shop I introduced my hubby to soft pretzels on a visit home, he became obsessed lol then they put in an Auntie Anne's in town he was so happy.

I miss a good, strong not overly sweet iced coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 14
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 08:16:21 PM »
I'll preface mine by saying I'm born n bred Mass. Came to Scotland in 1999.

My 2 top  ones are

DUNKIN DONUTS COFFEE both hot and iced..

Real Dill pickles..(have tried every one that has been suggested and I'd rather go without as I've not found one yet that is close enough)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 08:19:35 PM »

Real Dill pickles..(have tried every one that has been suggested and I'd rather go without as I've not found one yet that is close enough)

Did you even try the extortionately expensive M&S ones?.. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a jar of pickles!  ;)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:20:43 PM »

I wish they had kosher dills over here, cause those are the ones I truly love. Oh, Claussen refrigerator pickles... why are you not available here?

but the haimisha dills will get me through when I'm craving them. I ate a jar over 3 days. haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 06:16:27 AM »
Oh pickles :( I brought two jars back very carefully on our last trip home. Wish I brought more.

I talked myself up to the marks and Spencer's ones last week and they didn't have them.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 08:19:31 AM »
I talked myself up to the marks and Spencer's ones last week and they didn't have them.

Haha! It wasn't meant to be!  ;)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 02:21:51 PM »
Here's a list of the UK Taco Bell locations... maybe none are near you, but might be worth a day trip?
http://www.tacobelluk.co.uk/contact/

Tesco have Amys Kitchen frozen burritos... I just bought some recently, and we didn't really like them, but if it's something you're used to, maybe they will be ok for you?

WARNINGGGGG Before anybody gets toooo excited, they DON'T have Baja Blast!!! (Like who brings over Taco Bell and not Baja!?). It's obviously better than nothing but I felt like I needed to set the precedent so nobody gets disappointed as that's what I looked forward to most about Taco Bell! hah
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 02:39:18 PM »
What's a Baja blast?  Last time I went to the Taco Bell the menu was indecipherable. 

• Liked: 10
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 02:46:36 PM »
WARNINGGGGG Before anybody gets toooo excited, they DON'T have Baja Blast!!! (Like who brings over Taco Bell and not Baja!?). It's obviously better than nothing but I felt like I needed to set the precedent so nobody gets disappointed as that's what I looked forward to most about Taco Bell! hah

God damnit!!! >:(

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 02:49:28 PM »
God damnit!!! >:(

I know! I looked at the menu specifically to check (as I definitely would have made the hour+ car ride as sad as that is for a special treat haha) and it's not there. I just don't get how you can bring the Bell and not Baja!? YO QUIERO BAJA BLASt! (hahah sorry as I' know I've commented on this and the lack of biscuits at KFC before in another thread)
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 02:51:05 PM »
What's a Baja blast?  Last time I went to the Taco Bell the menu was indecipherable.

Mountain Dew flavour of excellence that's only available at Taco Bell. Apparently they brought it back last year in cans for a contest to see what they should start selling in bottles again and it lost. Weak. I don't drink soda or eat fast food much (despite what it seems haha) but I love this drink in particular.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 111
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 03:17:05 PM »

I'm 1/2 Mexican so going to Taco Bell is like being a traitor to "La Raza" but this girl has been there because I can be lazy AF and sometimes I get a hankering for a cheap taco that I know I'll regret later but at that time it's so good. I always pull the "English husband made me do it" if my people see me with sachets of TB "Fire" hot sauce.

I haven't been to TB in five years but the curiosity got to me. My son's best friend is a manager there and he told me that Mountain Dew Baja Blast specifically isn't even sold in stores anymore and only TB sells it. But most, if not all, Mountain Dew products were pulled out of the UK around 1999. That's why you can't find Baja Blast in the UK.

Anyhow, he brought me this magical elixir y'all have been talking about. I don't know if it's my 46 years and my palate has changed but it was not to my liking at all. The 20's me would have been all over it. Now, I just sort of shuddered at the sweet. I had some tacos and that Blast and I felt so dirty and shamed. I won't be doing that again anytime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab