Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Things you desperately miss?  (Read 4748 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Things you desperately miss?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 07:35:18 PM »
I thought it was food!  Like maybe one of those Dorito tacos

Last time I was home, I went to a gas station that had some kind of cherry coke in the dispensar that was supposed to be high caffeine, good idea but it tasted terrible.

The coolest thing they had was ice that was specifically made for chewing!  It was soft and lovely and I must have chewed that giant cup of ice for 3 hours.
That pellet ice? It's my favourite! You get it at Sonic.

I'm craving a cherry limeaid now.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 07:42:28 PM »
Mountain Dew flavour of excellence that's only available at Taco Bell. Apparently they brought it back last year in cans for a contest to see what they should start selling in bottles again and it lost. Weak. I don't drink soda or eat fast food much (despite what it seems haha) but I love this drink in particular.

Last year I found a solitary can of baja blast in an American candy store in the metrocentre and it was such an incredible moment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2017, 10:56:31 AM »
Chipotle! Heard there may be some chains in London but no good for us northerners

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can confirm that there are some in London as I've walked by them before and gone "WOW! Chipotle!" haha (there was also a Rainforest Cafe that I was shocked to learn had been there for a while. I thought that was US only).

https://chipotle.co.uk/location-results

All London though I'm afraid :( if we could trade Taco Bell for Chipotle so we can get some T.B. closer to me down here I would be more than willing
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »
How do the Italians cook it?

Not 100% sure how it was made in my family and the italian restaurants near me as I literally wouldn't touch it, but I just did a quick google and the appearances match so I imagine something like this : http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mario-batali/roman-style-tripe-trippa-alla-romana-recipe-1938356
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2017, 11:09:42 AM »

My husband and I like the chain Chimichanga, worth a visit. 

For anybody that's further down south (and near Bracknell lol), they are putting one of these in the Lexicon. Looked at the menu and it does look pretty decent. Not as good as the "American" place going in called Coast to Coast or as good as Wahaca, but it looked good enough from what I could tell - especially as there aren't too many other Mexican places nearby.

I'm craving a cherry limeaid now.

I found a "recpie" (if you want to call it that) for Cherry Limeaid as I was craving it back in February after looking at pictures from my trip to the US at Christmas that reminded me of an amazing one I had. The one I made tasted pretty okay surprisingly! This was the one I used lyonaria : https://lilluna.com/copycat-sonic-cherry-limeade/
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 10
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2017, 03:53:30 PM »
My husband & I have one of those frozen burritos in the oven now. Wish us luck LOL

• Liked: 585
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2017, 04:32:47 PM »
My husband & I have one of those frozen burritos in the oven now. Wish us luck LOL

They're pretty bland and boring as they are, but the 2nd one I cooked, I put melted cheese all over it, splashed some Cholula on, and some ranch dip.... and it was a huge improvement!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2017, 06:28:17 PM »
However, BarBurrito (a U.K. chain) is very similar and you can find those everywhere.

I was just about to reply and say 'not everywhere', cos I've never heard of it/seen one.  But I checked their website and there are not one, not two, but THREE Barburritos in Glasgow!!!  This is all my partner's fault for making me move from Glasgow to Argyll!  >:(

However, I will be working in Glasgow for the next 3 months, so you can be sure I will be giving this place a try!  Thank you for posting about it!

• Liked: 10
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2017, 08:33:21 AM »
They're pretty bland and boring as they are, but the 2nd one I cooked, I put melted cheese all over it, splashed some Cholula on, and some ranch dip.... and it was a huge improvement!

TBH we didn't mind them. They hit the spot

• Liked: 82
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2017, 09:04:15 AM »
Did you even try the extortionately expensive M&S ones?.. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a jar of pickles!  ;)
don't bother. The m&s pickles were awful. If you mean the ones that were £8 a jar. Called Brooklyn something or other. They were the worst pickles I've had and aren't dill at all. I forced myself to eat them though as I didn't 8 freaking pounds on them :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 04:10:22 PM by JennyEye »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2017, 09:27:42 AM »
don't bother. The m&s pickles were awful. If you mean the knees that were £8 a jar. Called Brooklyn something or other. They were the worst pickles I've had and stent dill at all. I forced myself to eat them though as I didn't 8 freaking pounds on them :(

Yup, those were the ones I was thinking about. Thanks for the warning!  :)

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2017, 09:35:58 AM »
Yup, those were the ones I was thinking about. Thanks for the warning!  :)
oh goodness all the typos in my post :/

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2017, 09:40:37 AM »
oh goodness all the typos in my post :/

I understood you! You can always edit your posts if you care to. I often do for typos.  :)  Just hit modify.

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2017, 04:11:16 PM »
I understood you! You can always edit your posts if you care to. I often do for typos.  :)  Just hit modify.
Still shows my awful typos on your reply.  If you find good dill pickles, let me know .

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2017, 04:39:50 PM »
Still shows my awful typos on your reply.  If you find good dill pickles, let me know .

They do have Vlasic Kosher Dill Spears, if you like those, on Amazon right now but they are imported so really expensive...

Sponsored Links