Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Concervative policy implications  (Read 798 times)

• Liked: 39
Concervative policy implications
« on: May 18, 2017, 12:35:42 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals ...

I am not always the most politically aware person however for obvious reasons while we go through this process the new policies propossed on immigration are peaking my interest greatly ... having said that how scared am i for the future now, I never realised an emplyer had to pay to hire a non eea worker .. and that cost may well double ... I havent read any further yet ... talk about playing on fears
UK born and bred, Bringing my partner here from US
Online Fiancé application: 05/04/17
Biometrics appointment: 12/04/17
Package sent to Sheffield: 12/04/17
Acknowledgement Email: 21/4/17
Decision E-mail: 12/06/17
Visa received: 14/06/17
Married: 11/08/17
FLR(M) granted: 11/1/2018
FLR(M) granted: 05/08/2020

• Liked: 6110
Re: Concervative policy implications
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 03:27:55 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals ...

I am not always the most politically aware person however for obvious reasons while we go through this process the new policies propossed on immigration are peaking my interest greatly ... having said that how scared am i for the future now, I never realised an emplyer had to pay to hire a non eea worker .. and that cost may well double ... I havent read any further yet ... talk about playing on fears

That will just be for the Tier 2 work visa. If you have a partner visa with the right to work (so not a fiance or proposed civil partner visa) it won't affect you.

• Liked: 19
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 12:02:00 AM »
That will just be for the Tier 2 work visa. If you have a partner visa with the right to work (so not a fiance or proposed civil partner visa) it won't affect you.

Right.

But, the part where they're also going to increase the income threshold for family visas? Yeah, that could be a problem for a lot of people.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 06:13:04 AM »
I never realised an emplyer had to pay to hire a non eea worker .. and that cost may well double

That's part of why a lot of companies prefer to hire people who do not need sponsorship - the hoops they have to go through in order to register as a sponsor and then actually sponsor someone are often not worth their time or money.

Currently, the fees an employer or education institution has to pay to become a sponsor are:
Tier 2 large sponsor licence (may also include Tier 4 and/or Tier 5) = £1,476
Tier 2 small sponsor licence (may also include Tier 4 and/or Tier 5 ) = £536
Tier 4 sponsor licence = £536
Tier 5 sponsor licence = £536
Add Tier 2 to an existing Tier 4 &/or Tier 5 licence (large sponsor) = £940
Basic compliance assessment (previously 'Tier 4 Sponsor status') = £536
Sponsor action plan = £1,476

And the fees they have to pay in order to get a sponsorship certificate to employ someone (after they have paid to become a sponsor):
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) = £199
Tier 5 Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) = £21
Tier 4 Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) = £21

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab