Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Contacting an MP for escalation of visa application/compassionate circumstances  (Read 5119 times)

• Liked: 3
There have been doubts on whether the people at the call centre can escalate an application based on compassionate circumstances. Some people say to contact your local MP is the only way. It's my understanding that an MP shouldn't have any formal role in this process, they are not members of the civil service and it's  probably just that they have contacts within the civil service that can get more traction on constituents behalf. Thoughts? Is there truth to contacting an MP for escalation?

• Liked: 79
There have been doubts on whether the people at the call centre can escalate an application based on compassionate circumstances. Some people say to contact your local MP is the only way. It's my understanding that an MP shouldn't have any formal role in this process, they are not members of the civil service and it's  probably just that they have contacts within the civil service that can get more traction on constituents behalf. Thoughts? Is there truth to contacting an MP for escalation?

My understanding is that MPs have a direct line to Sheffield. Wether that is by email or phone I'm not sure.

• Liked: 6110
It was KFdancer who mentioned that to you as a suggestion. You can trust her, she knows what she is talking about.  :)

• Liked: 30
My understanding is that MPs have a direct line to Sheffield. Wether that is by email or phone I'm not sure.

The problem right now is that parliament is dissolved and there are no working MPs.
Married in NI: 30 Dec 2016
Moved to NI: 30 May 2017
FLR(M): 22 April 2020
EUSS (pre):  21 Oct 2020
EUSS: 6 July 2022
Citizenship: 21 Dec 2022
US I-130: 16 December 2022

• Liked: 342
There have been doubts on whether the people at the call centre can escalate an application based on compassionate circumstances.

That would have to be a really good reason, like life and death with proof, as quite a few use ask for escaltion based on compassionate grounds

As said, there are no MPs at the moment, until 8/9 June.

• Liked: 1891
You should read my recent experience with this:
Postal to Premium Upgrade for BRP

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=39132&share_tid=90306&share_pid=1169158&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftalk%2Euk-yankee%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D90306%2Emsg1169158%23msg1169158&share_type=t

Sorry the thread is long, the painful journey was long as well. 

In summary, my MP called UKVI and got the status of my application, and found some other crucial knowledge.  Her intervention allowed me to travel, but my application was NOT sped up as far as I know. 

In summary, my MP called UKVI and got the status of my application, and found some other crucial knowledge.  Her intervention allowed me to travel, but my application was NOT sped up as far as I know.

ILRs are allowed to travel without a BRP. It's when you change jobs that someone with ILR must now have a BRP.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:55:23 PM by Sirius »

ILRs are allowed to travel without a BRP. It's when you change jobs that someone with ILR must now have a BRP.

That's an interesting point, I wonder how many people know that you can't get a new job without a BRP and it seems to take 6 months to get one.  What is a person supposed to do if they can't work for 6 months?

My wife's work recently sent a new employee home because he lacked a BRP.  He had the correct visa in his old expired passport.

That's an interesting point, I wonder how many people know that you can't get a new job without a BRP and it seems to take 6 months to get one.  What is a person supposed to do if they can't work for 6 months?

That rule came in ages ago. AFAIK, those on ILR can still work for their present employer, but need a BRP for any new employer. I think the idea is to get a BRP while they are still working for their present employer.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:31:11 PM by Sirius »

That's another one of the cases for citizenship Jim, you no longer have to keep abreast of the changes in the immigration rules.

• Liked: 4985
That rule came in ages ago. AFAIK, those on ILR can still work for their present employer, but need a BRP for any new employer. I think the idea is to get a BRP while they are still working for their present employer.

That's a sticking point.  Technically to have the right to work, it has to be a BRP.  There have been numerous people who have lost their jobs or been forced to pay the premium for an in person appointment after their employers have decided to suspend them until they can prove right to work with a BRP.

That's a sticking point.  Technically to have the right to work, it has to be a BRP.  There have been numerous people who have lost their jobs or been forced to pay the premium for an in person appointment after their employers have decided to suspend them until they can prove right to work with a BRP.

So it applies to present employers too?

• Liked: 4985
So it applies to present employers too?

It doesn't say anywhere that it's only for new employment and if you use the "employment checking" questionnaire on the .gov website it leads one to believe that it's required.

That's another one of the cases for citizenship Jim, you no longer have to keep abreast of the changes in the immigration rules.
And just skip off on holiday any time I like without doing epic battle with UKVI?  We foreigners are like Neo in the Matrix , always hiding under the radar and being hunted by Agents.  How could I give that up?

And just skip off on holiday any time I like without doing epic battle with UKVI?  We foreigners are like Neo in the Matrix , always hiding under the radar and being hunted by Agents.  How could I give that up?

Yes, I can see how you would miss the adrenaline!  ;D

Sponsored Links