Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Contacting an MP for escalation of visa application/compassionate circumstances  (Read 5135 times)

• Liked: 20
Yes, I can see how you would miss the adrenaline!  ;D

Once a citizen though, you can get your adrenaline rush by telling the Tory supporter canvassing your neighbourhood where she can shove her flipping manifesto. For the other, less foreigner hostile party supporters you don't want to talk to, you just pretend you're just a visiting family member so can't vote anyway. You really can't lose!

• Alors, tu te rappelleras tout ce que je te dis là
  • Liked: 150
Once a citizen though, you can get your adrenaline rush by telling the Tory supporter canvassing your neighbourhood where she can shove her flipping manifesto. For the other, less foreigner hostile party supporters you don't want to talk to, you just pretend you're just a visiting family member so can't vote anyway. You really can't lose!

ahaha
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Applied spouse visa 17/04/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

• Liked: 342
That's a sticking point.  Technically to have the right to work, it has to be a BRP.  There have been numerous people who have lost their jobs or been forced to pay the premium for an in person appointment after their employers have decided to suspend them until they can prove right to work with a BRP.

I was just checking other forums and that does seem to be what was required under that law change that came in a while ago. Most moved onto a BRP when they applied for the next visa anyway and then continued to citiizenship, so they kept to the date of this change. While those who come from a country which won't allow dual citizenship or who would fail the Good Character requriement for citizenship, got their BRP for employment checks as required.

And it does appear that those who failed to keep up to date with the immigration changes and therefore under this change, didn't get their BRP in time, used the premium service.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:57:39 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 4985
I was just checking other forums and that does seem to be what was required under that law change that came in a while ago. Most moved onto a BRP when they applied for the next visa anyway and then continued to citiizenship, so they kept to the date of this change. While those who come from a country which won't allow dual citizenship or who would fail the Good Character requriement for citizenship, got their BRP for employment checks as required.

And it does appear that those who failed to keep up to date with the immigration changes and therefore under this change, didn't get their BRP in time, used the premium service.

I just enjoy when people argue with me (it's always on Facebook) that they don't need a BRP.  You kind of just have to shrug your shoulders and wish them the best.  As someday not being compliant will bite them.  Hopefully not too badly.  But I don't make the rules up.   ::)

I just enjoy when people argue with me (it's always on Facebook) that they don't need a BRP.  You kind of just have to shrug your shoulders and wish them the best.  As someday not being compliant will bite them.  Hopefully not too badly.  But I don't make the rules up.   ::)

Yeah, that post I saw last year from a guy who appeared on a forum as he had ILR but had been told no more work as he didn't have a BRP, didn't get any sympathy at all from others for not keeping up with the laws. The same on there for those who break any UK immigration laws, EU laws or any other law in the UK, no sympathy from other immigrants.

That post re no BRP, stuck in my mind as it is so unusual for someome to not keep up to date with the laws when using UK laws (althought I didn't get it quite right :) )Whereas with those who thought they were using EU laws or EU court rulings to be in the UK, there are loads of posts from these, every day, especially with Brexit looming. 

It's hard to understand why these didn't keep to the EU 2004 Free Movement Directive every single day, to be lawfully in the UK, as that Directive is written as a very simple, step by step guide of what they must do every day.  The usual "when did they bring that in" is always answered with  "2004".
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:18:34 PM by Sirius »

Yeah, that post I saw last year from a guy who appeared on a forum as he had ILR but had been told no more work as he didn't have a BRP, didn't get any sympathy at all from others for not keeping up with the laws. The same on there for those who break any UK immigration laws, EU laws or any other law in the UK, no sympathy from other immigrants.

That post re no BRP, stuck in my mind as it is so unusual for someome to not keep up to date with the laws when using UK laws (althought I didn't get it quite right :) )Whereas with those who thought they were using EU laws or EU court rulings to be in the UK, there are loads of posts from these, every day, especially with Brexit looming. 

It's hard to understand why these didn't keep to the EU 2004 Free Movement Directive every single day, to be lawfully in the UK, as that Directive is written as a very simple, step by step guide of what they must do every day.  The usual "when did they bring that in" is always answered with  "2004".

Girl, Facebook is the worst.  Are you on Facebook?  I should add you as a friend and you can roll your eyes with me at the huge amount of misinformation!

• Liked: 537
There was a guy who was on here last year about needing a BRP to get a job but he was unemployed and broke and couldn't believe there was no options. He had ILR but couldn't get hired without the BRP.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Girl, Facebook is the worst.  Are you on Facebook?  I should add you as a friend and you can roll your eyes with me at the huge amount of misinformation!

;D I think I'll pass.

Did you see that the immigration changes have changed the over 90 day overstay and get a 1 year ban, to over 30 days and get a 1 year ban?

• Liked: 210
;D I think I'll pass.

Did you see that the immigration changes have changed the over 90 day overstay and get a 1 year ban, to over 30 days and get a 1 year ban?

Ouch! Where? Thank goodness we were sooooo careful that I didn't get anywhere near my visit limit.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

Ouch! Where? Thank goodness we were sooooo careful that I didn't get anywhere near my visit limit.

ooh, sorry, the overstay ban is for those using the points based routes, the Tier visas. I was taking to KFdancer and forgetting I was on a forum ;D It is never a good idea for anyone to overstay.

An overstay won't usually affect the granting of a spouse visa, unless they have done something called Frustration the intention of the Immigration Rules.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/frustrating-the-intentions-of-the-immigration-rules-rfl07-paragraph-32011

Although an overstay by anyone, can affect British citizenship being granted. The immigration rules end at ILR and there is no right to be granted British citizenship.
These are the present Good Character rules for British citizenship
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/406368/Chapter_18_Annex_D_v02.pdf
when this is updated, they take effect for applications granted from that date, even if the application is already in and what they did would not have been a fail of Good Character when they did it. UKVI now look at an applicants history for at least the last 10 years.

If you are of Good Character, then there really is nothing to worry about but above all, never lie on an application as even ILR and British citizenship can be removed for deception. In these days of data gathering and information sharing, only a fool would think they got away with their deception when they received ILR or BC.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:38:21 AM by Sirius »

• Liked: 116

Some of the facebook posts on UK immigration are so...yikes.  Joining a group or two for it has really made me appreciate this site and the clear communication and understanding of the rules one can get here. 
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

Some of the facebook posts on UK immigration are so...yikes.  Joining a group or two for it has really made me appreciate this site and the clear communication and understanding of the rules one can get here.

Oh yes!  People have good intentions on a Facebook....  but VERY bad advice! 

• Liked: 75
Would a mother being away from her British child be considered by an MP?
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

Would a mother being away from her British child be considered by an MP?

No unfortunately.  It's estimated there are 18,000 kids separated from a parent and the UK doesn't care.  Those are for families who can't meet the financial requirements.  :-\\\\  The Immigration in this country is all about money - no doubt.  They really don't care about breaking families up. 

• Liked: 82
Omg the amount of misinformation on Facebook drives me mental. I give them the advice, someone tells me I'm wrong, I back it up with links from gov.UK and someone tells me their immigration advisor or the call centre told them differently. Basically just say, good luck......If you choose your way it's highly probable you will get a refusal. If you go my way, you'll be in the UK in a couple months.

Weeks down the line......they post they have been refused....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links