Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Contacting an MP for escalation of visa application/compassionate circumstances  (Read 5129 times)

• Liked: 537
People are starting to post wrong info on here and getting mardy about it.

I'm staying off the 'timeline' threads entirely now.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6110
Omg the amount of misinformation on Facebook drives me mental. I give them the advice, someone tells me I'm wrong, I back it up with links from gov.UK and someone tells me their immigration advisor or the call centre told them differently. Basically just say, good luck......If you choose your way it's highly probable you will get a refusal. If you go my way, you'll be in the UK in a couple months.

Weeks down the line......they post they have been refused....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How incredibly frustrating! Occasionally we see someone here who just doesn't want to believe us but usually they turn around with our strength in numbers and mass powers of persuasion!  ;D

Do you tell them you told them so? ;)

• Liked: 79
People are starting to post wrong info on here and getting mardy about it.

I'm staying off the 'timeline' threads entirely now.

I see your point. Some people are incredibly emotional. But then again, it's a government that's telling you weather or not you can live with your children/spouse/partner. The implications are great.

At this point, it takes as long as it takes. Its out of my hands and there's nothing I can do but sit back, try and keep myself busy, and maybe even do some packing. For the first time in my life, I am slightly depressed. Its a strange feeling, but I just have to persist and keep hope, and I urge all others in this situation to do the same.

• Liked: 537
I see your point. Some people are incredibly emotional. But then again, it's a government that's telling you weather or not you can live with your children/spouse/partner. The implications are great.

At this point, it takes as long as it takes. Its out of my hands and there's nothing I can do but sit back, try and keep myself busy, and maybe even do some packing. For the first time in my life, I am slightly depressed. Its a strange feeling, but I just have to persist and keep hope, and I urge all others in this situation to do the same.

I totally know what you mean. I went through it twice. My first application was denied because we didn't fully understand the financial requirements (I hadn't found UKY at that point).

Sorry. Meant this as a response to:
Omg the amount of misinformation on Facebook drives me mental. I give them the advice, someone tells me I'm wrong, I back it up with links from gov.UK and someone tells me their immigration advisor or the call centre told them differently. Basically just say, good luck......If you choose your way it's highly probable you will get a refusal. If you go my way, you'll be in the UK in a couple months.

But when someone gives the wrong information as fact to someone and they get corrected, they shouldn't get mardy about it. I make sure I don't post things that I'm not sure of the answer when it comes to visas. I don't want to be the reason they get denied or have to pay more or something.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 82

But when someone gives the wrong information as fact to someone and they get corrected, they shouldn't get mardy about it. I make sure I don't post things that I'm not sure of the answer when it comes to visas. I don't want to be the reason they get denied or have to pay more or something.

100% agree. I give the information the best I can, if I don't know I look up the regs, or let someone else answer

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 210
Would it be helpful if certain people on the board had an avatar showing they've been through the process for one or more successful visa applications?

I want knowledgeable members to receive a bit of respect for their experience. Someone brand new might not be able to differentiate from another brand new member who is only guessing (and trying to help out, especially if someone hasn't gotten any other answers for a while), vs. a more experienced member who can include a citation of the rules and regs?

Plus, personally, I'd like to see the rude and ad hominem posts deleted. They lower the standard for our entire forum (and it's a pretty terrific forum!)
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 75
No unfortunately.  It's estimated there are 18,000 kids separated from a parent and the UK doesn't care.  Those are for families who can't meet the financial requirements.  :-\\\\  The Immigration in this country is all about money - no doubt.  They really don't care about breaking families up.
Oof! That is a huge number for such a small country (relatively speaking, no pun intended). I think I was just going for a shot in the dark and it's time to just stop stressing and be thankful that I'm better off than half the world, especially those whose immigration is a matter of life and death.
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

• Liked: 4985
Oof! That is a huge number for such a small country (relatively speaking, no pun intended). I think I was just going for a shot in the dark and it's time to just stop stressing and be thankful that I'm better off than half the world, especially those whose immigration is a matter of life and death.

It's really awful.  You'll find that while we always cite the rules and encourage people to follow them on this site, that we all actually HATE the rules and don't agree with them.

Some of the things appearing in the manifestos for the elections regarding immigration are concerning.   :-\\\\

• Liked: 342

Plus, personally, I'd like to see the rude and ad hominem posts deleted. They lower the standard for our entire forum (and it's a pretty terrific forum!)

Get ready to live in the UK. ;D Us Brits thrive on our rude and ad hominem quips towards each other, in real life or on forums We have lost a few sensitive foreign flowers on mainly Brit forums. That "be nice" mod post on here, made me LOL ;D and if you read the Brit forums then you would know why.

And swearing at each other, doesn't mean the same here as it does in the US, although sometimes it does. ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:40:37 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 6110
Get ready to live in the UK. ;D Us Brits thrive on our rude and ad hominem quips towards each other, in real life or on forums We have lost a few sensitive foreign flowers on mainly Brit forums. That "be nice" mod post on here, made me LOL ;D and if you read the Brit forums then you would know why.

And swearing at each other, doesn't mean the same here as it does in the US, although sometimes it does. ;)

Thinking of one in particular, they can be absolutely shocking in the way they speak to newcomers.
I mean, if you are going to dash someones life dreams, at least do it nicely...  :(

But I like to think that we're not like those other forums.   8)

Thinking of one in particular, they can be absolutely shocking in the way they speak to newcomers.
I mean, if you are going to dash someones life dreams, at least do it nicely...  :(

Oh p*ss off you Brits.   ;D ;D ;D

As I have no idea who you are thinking of, I'm wondering if it is me? :) 

TBH, I would rather have it straight, with facts and not  the (((((hugs)))). I have two doctors at my surgery and always go for the straight talking one: the other one has a waiting list ;D

No, it is more where someone sets themself up and then sits back and waits for the replies, each one funnier than the last.

Or you grab a deal quick that you knew someone else was after, and they let it be known they knew it was you and call you a certain swear word (in a joking manner).

Or at a big family meal where we take over all the seating area, pushing tables togehter to make one big table and someone will come out with a comment like, only the bloods down this end the rest or you go down the other, and then those that married into the famiily years ago, quip something back.

These aren't strangers, we all know each other, even if only on the internet.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 05:15:17 PM by Sirius »

;D

BWAHAHAHA!  You got me good with that reply!

BWAHAHAHA!  You got me good with that reply!

I kept it nice ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab