Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How to get skype call log history for spouse visa  (Read 1807 times)

• Liked: 14
How to get skype call log history for spouse visa
« on: May 18, 2017, 07:16:32 PM »
Hi guys! Im applying for UK spouse visa from Tanzania and I was wondering how to get the skype call log history as me and my husband used free video calling via skype. I cant find it anywhere and the best I could do so far is get screenshots of random skype calls. Does anyone know where to get the whole call log history?

2) Also for text messages, we used watsapp, does it suffice to take screenshots of the text messages rather than getting all the messages because they are too many and too personal. Like if i take screenshots of watsapp messages with ranging dates and times?

3) How many pictures should i include? Me and my husband hav pictures from 3 holiday trips and the wedding so should i include 40 pictures of us together? (10pictures per trip)?

Thanks alot!

• Liked: 3595
Re: How to get skype call log history for spouse visa
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:19:22 PM »
3) How many pictures should i include? Me and my husband hav pictures from 3 holiday trips and the wedding so should i include 40 pictures of us together? (10pictures per trip)?

For that is WAY too many photos. The only reason to include a photo is to show you have met in person at least once. That's it.

So, you only should include 1 or 2 photos in total. I would go with 1 photo from your wedding and 1 photo from another time in the relationship.

• Liked: 14
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 07:26:16 PM »
Thanks! And where do I get skype call log history from?

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 11:13:06 PM »
From my personal experience in Cardiff, you should include 2-4 photos of you and your husband/wife, any record of your 3 holidays (plane ticket, hotel reservation etc) and some chat history.

I went in on Monday and didn't include any of the above as I thought they weren't needed for extension, but I was briefly interviewed and the caseworker even told me that he needed to seek advice from a senior whether I needed to post the evidence back to show the relationship is genuine. Luckily the casework told me they are happy this time to proceed, but he also told me he needed to write a note on my file and requested that I bring in "evidence" in the next submission.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:15:55 PM by saikou999 »

• Liked: 210
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 03:02:44 AM »
From my personal experience in Cardiff, you should include 2-4 photos of you and your husband/wife, any record of your 3 holidays (plane ticket, hotel reservation etc) and some chat history.

I went in on Monday and didn't include any of the above as I thought they weren't needed for extension, but I was briefly interviewed and the caseworker even told me that he needed to seek advice from a senior whether I needed to post the evidence back to show the relationship is genuine. Luckily the casework told me they are happy this time to proceed, but he also told me he needed to write a note on my file and requested that I bring in "evidence" in the next submission.

Wow, you were really lucky!
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 05:56:31 AM »

Interesting - that has not been required for anyone else before. I wonder if you were assessed by someone who didn't really know what they were doing?

When you apply in the UK, your genuine relationship is shown by including 6 documents addressed to both of you at the same address spread evenly over the length of time you have been living together, up to a maximum of 2 years.

So, since you already live together, you don't need to show a genuine relationship through holidays or visits because you see each other every day. And, since you are both present in person, a photo is not usually needed, because the fact that you are standing next to each other is proof you have met in person.

I assume the only reason you might need to show evidence of photos for FLR(M) is if your UK sponsor is not able to be present at the appointment, and evidence of trips/holidays would only be needed if you have not yet been able to live together (i.e. if you are switching from a work or student visa to FLR(M)).

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 05:57:13 AM »

Not sure I'm afraid - hopefully someone else can answer.

• Liked: 5
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »
When I applied I included 5 screen shots of different points in our skype history including the very first message I sent via (ie when we became 'friends' on skype)(2010) and various messages and calls over the course of our friendship/relationship. I included the message conversation were we decided after meeting we wanted to be in a romantic relationship despite the distance. (2012) I also hovered over the time of the messages so that the date would appear since skype (at the time we screenshotted them) didnt' show the date as well as time message/call was sent.

I also included our history of emails showing that we emailed back and forth over the course of multiple years. I sent 4 screenshots of emails (i accidently forgot a whole page of emails aka screenshot, but that clearly didnt' matter)

I don't use whatsapp, but Facebook use to show you how many messages you'd sent (to bad it doesn't do this anymore :( ) when you would scroll up. I sent one screenshot showing we'd sent over 30,000 messages to each other.

I hope this helps!

-Maria

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 09:57:14 AM »

Completely agree that it was someone who didn't know what they were doing.  Was your spouse sitting next to you?  Cuz that proves you've met.   ;)

My first in person FLR(M), I had a single photo attached to my application.  My case worker asked me to take it off before she would take my application (along with removing post it notes, paper clips, etc.). There is no requirement in the FLR(M) guidance that requires a photo of the couple, just the individual passport photos...

• Liked: 60
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 01:34:28 PM »

I don't think there's really a "call log" function in Skype. The best I can do is get a screenshot of phone calls from various days/times. This ought to be enough.

When you open your conversation with your husband and scroll back, you should see things like this:

• Liked: 537
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 02:32:03 PM »
You can only get a real 'call log' if you pay for your phone calls. Then skype tracks every call and how long they are.

If you are doing skype to skype, you can copy the info from your start and end messages into a word document and use it as a 'call log'.

Husband used a program for PCs to do it. Mac doesn't have one.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 04:47:22 PM »
Completely agree that it was someone who didn't know what they were doing.  Was your spouse sitting next to you?  Cuz that proves you've met.   ;)

My first in person FLR(M), I had a single photo attached to my application.  My case worker asked me to take it off before she would take my application (along with removing post it notes, paper clips, etc.). There is no requirement in the FLR(M) guidance that requires a photo of the couple, just the individual passport photos...

No, my spouse didn't come with me. That's probably the reason they couldn't be sure I guess? Also as I included a few things in my first application and clearly they photo-copied pretty much all my documents, so I thought they would just check my previous documents of "evidence".

Anyway it was an interesting experience. I will bring my spouse along next time to show that we've actually met and our relationship isn't sham!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 04:48:44 PM by saikou999 »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 07:13:43 PM »
No, my spouse didn't come with me. That's probably the reason they couldn't be sure I guess? Also as I included a few things in my first application and clearly they photo-copied pretty much all my documents, so I thought they would just check my previous documents of "evidence".

Anyway it was an interesting experience. I will bring my spouse along next time to show that we've actually met and our relationship isn't sham!

It's very unusual for someone to apply in person and their spouse not attend.  That may have been what caused the confusion.  I assume you had a letter of support from your spouse?  And yes, I can see them wanting a photo as your spouse wasn't present.  But definitely an unusual situation!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab