Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancee to Spouse visa while working notice  (Read 230 times)

• Liked: 2
Fiancee to Spouse visa while working notice
« on: May 18, 2017, 07:18:25 PM »
Hi all,

Has anyone had, or know of, any issues with applying for the spouse visa when the sponsor is working their notice?

My Fiancee is here at the moment and we get married in July. We aim to apply for the spouse visa soon after the wedding.

I'm the sponsor and I've been offered a new job starting mid July. I'll have to hand my notice in soon - which means when we apply for the spouse visa, I'll be working through my notice.

Would this be a problem?

Thanks!

• Liked: 134
Re: Fiancee to Spouse visa while working notice
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:55:06 PM »
Hopefully other will be along to shed some light but could you apply using Category B to meet the financial requirement?  Almost as if you were moving back to the UK so had made £18,600 in the previous 12 months with a contract for a new job.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 210
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 07:57:40 PM »
Hi all,

Has anyone had, or know of, any issues with applying for the spouse visa when the sponsor is working their notice?

My Fiancee is here at the moment and we get married in July. We aim to apply for the spouse visa soon after the wedding.

I'm the sponsor and I've been offered a new job starting mid July. I'll have to hand my notice in soon - which means when we apply for the spouse visa, I'll be working through my notice.

Would this be a problem?

Thanks!

Confused here. Is your fiancee there on a fiancee visa? So you will be applying for Further Leave to Remain?
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 08:01:32 PM »
Confused here. Is your fiancee there on a fiancee visa? So you will be applying for Further Leave to Remain?

Sorry - yes. She's here on a fiancee visa so it will be our first FLR(M) application.

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 08:06:43 PM »
Hopefully other will be along to shed some light but could you apply using Category B to meet the financial requirement?  Almost as if you were moving back to the UK so had made £18,600 in the previous 12 months with a contract for a new job.

I'm not too sure. Category B seems to be for people who have been with their employer for less than 6 months. When we apply for the FLR(M), I'd have been with my employer for longer than that... it's just that I'll be leaving them very soon and going somewhere new.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »
You need a letter from your employer as part of the application.  They may not be willing to provide that if you are on your notice.  So you'll want to include the contract from your new employer showing you won't have a gap in employment.

Though I would personally recommend not applying until after you've started with the new employer, assuming you have earned £18,600 in the last 12 months.

• Liked: 134
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:53:20 PM »
I'm not too sure. Category B seems to be for people who have been with their employer for less than 6 months. When we apply for the FLR(M), I'd have been with my employer for longer than that... it's just that I'll be leaving them very soon and going somewhere new.

It is that, but it can also be used when the UKC spouse is moving from abroad back to the UK.  In those circumstances, they prove that they have made £18,600 in the previous 12 months and have a job lined up to begin within three months of their arrival. 

Category A seems to be geared towards salaried employees who are going to continue working for the same employer after obtaining the visa.  Category B offers a bit more flexibility.  Again, not sure if this is correct, just brainstorming.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab