Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Never Had one Like Me Before  (Read 2873 times)

• Liked: 674
Re: Never Had one Like Me Before
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 04:18:28 PM »
Will hold the Uni in reserve, thanks for that advice.

Walked down the Surgery #2, told them we'd been referred by NHS Inform, she gave us paperwork and two "sample" bottles and said to come back and see the nurse in about a week (we have appointments).  I had half a library in my backpack to back up our application, but she didn't even ask.   I'll be sure to bring them when we see the nurse.  All very warm and welcoming, and a little bit posh (but it's in a more affluent area, so....). And hopefully all will go well.

THAT was nice.  And it's a lovely day here today - more like San  Diego than Glasgow. It's got to be in the 70s, and I found myself thinking it was a bit warm! Wow, I guess I'm already starting to acclimated!

Just as soon as we are sure we don't need to produce our passports for anything (I think the GP is the last we'd need to prove anything with them) we are applying for the RCs. We haven't been here a month yet, so even if there's a 6 month wait hopefully we'll have them by the fall. We'd kind of like to travel a bit at Christmas, but don't want to risk Daughter having problems getting back home again.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:20:30 PM by Nan D. »

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 05:40:37 PM »
Wrote to the Scots Govmt, got a letter from the head of a section in the Directorate for Healthcare Quality and Improvement, stating that yes, we should be fully eligible as EU exercising treaty rights, and put it in the packet we handed back to the receptionist on arrival for our appointment. No problem at all, we are now registered.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:29:40 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 05:47:26 PM »
Wrote to the Scottish Govmt, got a letter from the head of a section in the Directorate for Healthcare Quality and Improvement, stating that yes, we should be fully eligible as EU exercising treaty rights, and put it in the packet we handed back to the receptionist on arrival for our appointment. No problem at all, we are now registered.

Excellent!

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 06:53:38 PM »
They were really very nice, too. :D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 06:58:13 PM »
They were really very nice, too. :D

Ha! Bonus!!  ;D

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 07:31:03 PM »
The concept of being able to be seen the same day one is ill is pretty cool. That they make house calls if you're really too sick... just boggles the mind. :o   ;D

Sponsored Links