Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Type of marriage ceremony? Question on FLR(M) Visa Extension  (Read 11913 times)

• Liked: 5
Hi All!

So excited to send of my visa off this weekend. I've been mulling over this one question on my application because i'm not quite sure what answer it is looking for?  ???

6.23 What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership?

I got married in my local council building by my town Mayor with 2 friends as witnesses. (In the US)

Is that an acceptable answer? I"m not sure if they are looking for something more specific? such as non-religious ceremony etc...

Thanks!
Maria

• Liked: 6110
Re: Type of marriage ceremony? Question on FLR(M) Visa Extension
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 09:17:58 AM »
Hi All!

So excited to send of my visa off this weekend. I've been mulling over this one question on my application because i'm not quite sure what answer it is looking for?  ???

I got married in my local council building by my town Mayor with 2 friends as witnesses. (In the US)

Is that an acceptable answer? I"m not sure if they are looking for something more specific? such as non-religious ceremony etc...

Thanks!
Maria

Non-religious would work or civil ceremony.  Congratulations on the wedding!  :)

• Liked: 210
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 12:37:15 PM »
Hi All!

Thanks!
Maria

Huh! I wonder why they care. Maybe just to prove you really did it?

And congratulations!
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 02:34:44 PM »
Huh! I wonder why they care. Maybe just to prove you really did it?

And congratulations!

It has to be an official marriage ceremony with the right paperwork.

Some religions have ceremonies that aren't legal. So if you don't have the legal ceremony, you technically aren't married.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 56
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 10:08:07 AM »
Yea, I was confused by this as well - especially since it wasn't on my original visa application. We were married by a friend who was legally capable to preside over non-religious ceremonies on a beach while visiting friends in Florida....so I just put civil ceremony. Not quite sure how they could verify it wasn't if you have your marriage license. *shrug* Good question though.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab