Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Taking a break  (Read 3137 times)

• Liked: 537
Taking a break
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:06:20 PM »
Well, its that time of the year where UKY is taken over by the summer applications.

I've made the decision to take a break, I might be back more often this fall and I'll check sometime in July when the new ILR stuff comes out. If anyone wants to keep in touch let me know.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:08:08 PM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Taking a break
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 09:01:20 PM »
You will be missed.  Are you on FB?  PM me and I'll add you.   :)

• Liked: 154
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:10:38 PM »
I hope you have a nice break.  Will miss your interactions here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 82
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 09:20:36 PM »
You will be missed. Enjoy some you time :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 09:42:58 PM »
Thanks ladies.

It'll be weird for a bit but it'll be good.

I need to focus on getting a new job so I can get away from my current company.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 01:32:18 AM »
Good luck on the job search! Hope you find something wonderful. Thank you for all of your great advice and help.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 60
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »
Take care! We'll keep the lights on for you  ;)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 09:27:56 AM »
Well, its that time of the year where UKY is taken over by the summer applications.

I've made the decision to take a break, I might be back more often this fall and I'll check sometime in July when the new ILR stuff comes out. If anyone wants to keep in touch let me know.

I just block the visa board, so I remain blissfully unaware of any of that stuff.
On the down-side, it does mean that when I click on 'view most recent posts' the list is often VERY short.   That's why you find me reviving old topics, trying to stir up some new posts, but it seems there are very few people interested in them.  :(  I just like a chat.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 10:19:42 AM »
I just block the visa board, so I remain blissfully unaware of any of that stuff.
On the down-side, it does mean that when I click on 'view most recent posts' the list is often VERY short.   That's why you find me reviving old topics, trying to stir up some new posts, but it seems there are very few people interested in them.  :(  I just like a chat.

Aww, we do chat in the visa section too!  ;) You should pop in now and again!  :)

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 02:35:07 PM »
How do you block it?! The view most recent posts is what I do and I just have to skip all of the people complaining.  ::)

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 02:37:07 PM »
Aww, we do chat in the visa section too!  ;) You should pop in now and again!  :)

Yeah but you have to see them all complaining about their wait and how unfair UKVI is and priority isn't fair to the nob-priority folks.

It does my head in.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 02:37:41 PM »
How do you block it?! The view most recent posts is what I do and I just have to skip all of the people complaining.  ::)

If you go to your profile and then hover over 'Modify Profile', one of the drop-down options is 'Ignore Boards Options' - you can then select particular boards within the forum that you want to ignore.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 12:38:57 AM »

I never even realized there was a most recent posts option.  Blissfully unaware, because the visa stuff is at the bottom and I only get that far if I am interested that day.  But I like the old topics coming up again!  There's a lot of valuable information and interesting discussions!
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 11:37:14 AM »

I shall start more topics then!

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 11:44:53 AM »
If you go to your profile and then hover over 'Modify Profile', one of the drop-down options is 'Ignore Boards Options' - you can then select particular boards within the forum that you want to ignore.

Thanks! It's only a board worth seeing when keeping an eye on changes to ILR/FLR now. I don't have much sympathy anymore for people who don't do any research and expect others to tell them what they need to do. I have no idea how you and KFDancer have the patience for them.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab