Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Shipping from USA to UK  (Read 896 times)

• Liked: 0
Shipping from USA to UK
« on: May 22, 2017, 08:06:34 PM »
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help ... I'm trying to get a boat sun visor (it's big) back to the UK from Houston, Texas USA. I'm hoping for air freight so I can have it sooner rather then later but so far no luck of companies doing it at a reasonable price. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any help would be amazing!! Thank you!

• Liked: 36
Re: Shipping from USA to UK
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 08:59:57 PM »
Hi,

What pricing levels have you got so far? Do they include full insurance for the value of the item as well?

What's the weight of the item? also, I'll assume it'll be packed in a rectangular (strong) box with plenty of bubble wrap etc to protect it. What are the L x W x H dimensions of the box?

Cheers, DtM West London & Slough UK!

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 10:20:49 PM »
Hi, thanks for the message, so far I have got prices ranging from £500 (but I can't get that quote anymore) to £1000 +. No they don't all include full insurance.

The item is 70lbs, dimensions are: 80" x 78" x 12" so it's not in a regular box but is packed well enough for travel.

Thank you!

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 09:10:25 PM »
Hi,

What's the value of the item? this is needed for insurance and is mandatory.

I do have contacts for shipping to/from the US and will ask for a quote. Is the item relatively fragile?

Given it's a square shape and relatively thin (1 ft) there may be ways of packing it to get better rates.

You've already come across one of the main aspects of pricing - Air transportation is the most expensive way of going about things. You'll likely get significantly cheaper rates by going for sea shipping but it takes much longer.

Do you *have* to have air shipping?

Cheers, DtM West London & Slough UK!

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 09:43:28 PM »
Hi,

That's amazing you have some contacts!! Ok value is about £500, yes I wish I could do the sea shipping but I need it in the UK asap really because it suits travel arrangements and having a roof rack to carry it on :) So I'm expecting to still pay more  unfortunately.

Oh and it's not too fragile, it's pretty sturdy but I still wouldn't put it at the bottom of a pile of boxes :)

Huge thanks for helping!

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 05:45:22 PM »
Hi,

Not had a chance to speak to anyone just yet, I'll hopefully get a chance this week. It sounds as though you might need it relatively quickly, so the only thing I can suggest is ringing around via some freight handler/Air Cargo type agents in Houston and around the Airport area where many will likely be located. Ring around as you'll likely be told that they're full etc. Some will also say to get a lower price, you should go for sea shipping.

How quickly do you need it in the UK?

Cheers, DtM, West London & Slough UK!

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 07:11:46 PM »
Hi,

Some of my contacts are away this week and hopefully next week, I will be able to get a quote for you.

As per above, how quickly do you want it here?

Cheers, DtM! West London & Slough UK!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab