Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Entering the UK while undergoing visa process  (Read 338 times)

• Liked: 0
Entering the UK while undergoing visa process
« on: May 22, 2017, 09:00:09 PM »
Hello all,

I spent 6 months in the UK last year (February to August 2016) under a Tier 2 Skills Transfer visa from the US on a US passport.

I will be starting the Tier 2 General visa process with my US employer to move to our UK office in the next month or so. Currently they are undergoing the labor market test.

I have a close friend's wedding in the UK the first weekend of September and I am wondering if I will be able to enter the country while undergoing a separate visa application. I would enter the country after the 12 month cool down period from my visa last year and would have a return ticket to show them I am entering as a tourist (for now).

Will I likely be allowed in? Will entering the UK complicate my current visa application at all? If everything goes smoothly, I should have visa stamp by the end of September or early October.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
JV

• Liked: 4985
Re: Entering the UK while undergoing visa process
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 09:29:09 AM »
As long as you don't have an active application in process, you'll be able to enter for the wedding.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »
As long as you don't have an active application in process, you'll be able to enter for the wedding.

Thanks for answering as I was really confused about the question!
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »

Thank you KFdancer. By September I most likely will have an active application in process. Whether the application will have been submitted to the immigration office or not by that week in September, I don't know. It all depends on how smoothly the process goes from here.

So it sounds like I should definitely hold off on purchasing any tickets until it gets closer to the wedding and I know where I'm at in the visa process.

Thanks again.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 01:59:14 PM »
Thank you KFdancer. By September I most likely will have an active application in process. Whether the application will have been submitted to the immigration office or not by that week in September, I don't know. It all depends on how smoothly the process goes from here.

So it sounds like I should definitely hold off on purchasing any tickets until it gets closer to the wedding and I know where I'm at in the visa process.

Thanks again.

You have to submit your passport with your application, and you have to send it from your home country.  So you won't have a way to travel if you've already sent in your application.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab