Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Things to do while waiting for your visa decision  (Read 3760 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Things to do while waiting for your visa decision
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2017, 12:04:48 PM »
Only thing I would say about this is to be careful as I imagine it will change at least once from the time of your initial visa until the time you're ready to take it. Don't be discouraged if you take practice tests and are rubbish either haha my English husband even has trouble passing those practice tests! It can't hurt to study, just don't worry about making it a priority as you'll still have a ways to go before needing to know that info :) (some of it I found easier to remember once I moved strictly because I was now "part of it" if that makes sense?)

You can take it whenever you like though... doesn't have to be just before you apply for ILR.

The pass certificate never expires, so if they wanted to, they could study for it now, take the test in the next few months, and then not have to worry about it later down the line.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »
You can take it whenever you like though... doesn't have to be just before you apply for ILR.

The pass certificate never expires, so if they wanted to, they could study for it now, take the test in the next few months, and then not have to worry about it later down the line.

Ah that's good to know! I didn't realise that! I was speaking with my friend from Poland and she passed but said because she didn't get her UK passport or something that she now has to retake the test as it's been a few years (or something  to that effect - I can't remember now!). I thought it expired if you didn't get your passport and stuff within a certain time frame. I stand corrected so definitely good to know!! My team like to take the practice tests every so often in the office and they don't even score that much higher than me which is hilarious to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2017, 12:18:48 PM »
Ah that's good to know! I didn't realise that! I was speaking with my friend from Poland and she passed but said because she didn't get her UK passport or something that she now has to retake the test as it's been a few years (or something  to that effect - I can't remember now!). I thought it expired if you didn't get your passport and stuff within a certain time frame. I stand corrected so definitely good to know!! My team like to take the practice tests every so often in the office and they don't even score that much higher than me which is hilarious to me

That shouldn't be the case as there's no expiry date. However, if you lose the pass certificate I believe you have to take it again.

I thought someone said you could now order replacement copies instead of taking it again, but that's not what it says on the UKVI website:

If you pass the test
You must score 75% or more to pass the test.

You’ll get a ‘pass notification letter’. You must send the original with your citizenship or settlement application to prove you passed.

You’ll only get one copy of the letter - you can’t get a replacement.

Call the Home Office if you’ve lost your pass letter. You won’t get a new one but they’ll tell you what to do.

Home Office lost pass letters
Telephone: 03001 232 253
Find out about call charges

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2017, 12:43:30 PM »
That shouldn't be the case as there's no expiry date. However, if you lose the pass certificate I believe you have to take it again.

I thought someone said you could now order replacement copies instead of taking it again, but that's not what it says on the UKVI website:

Not sure if maybe it  as something that was different as she's from Poland? But no idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links