Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ideas for Camping Food  (Read 2621 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Ideas for Camping Food
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2017, 08:37:15 PM »
Hey, Larabee,

I'm AV's English wife. I think she usually does enough talking for both of us ;-)

We met online and she would probably tell you that I stalked her before we started chatting properly.

So anyway, I'm currently trying to distract myself from waiting for our visa to be approved. It was received by Sheffield on 26th April

Welcome to the group! Hope you get an answer quickly! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2017, 08:42:14 PM »
Welcome to the group! Hope you get an answer quickly! :)

• Liked: 533
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 07:08:06 AM »
Camp food:

Potted meat
Vienna  sausage
Spray cheese
Little Debbie's snack cakes
Dinty Moore Beef Stew
Campbell's chicken noodle soup
Deviled ham
Van Camps Beernie weenies
Sardines
Pop tarts

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2017, 07:49:22 AM »
Camp food:

Potted meat
Vienna  sausage
Spray cheese
Little Debbie's snack cakes
Dinty Moore Beef Stew
Campbell's chicken noodle soup
Deviled ham
Van Camps Beernie weenies
Sardines
Pop tarts

Where can you find little Debbie's here?!

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2017, 08:22:27 AM »

You know, I don't know....but on the potted meat front, I have found some pate that is pretty close.

Which makes me think we southerners are actually pretty sophisticated.....
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2017, 08:31:04 AM »
However since you guys are so easily entertained, here's some pics of my camp site in Georgia

The air mattress leaked and I never actually sat on the chair.

Dude....not to worry you....but if you zoom in behind your tent....you'll see this thing hanging in the bushes....

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2017, 10:27:31 AM »
Hey, Larabee,

I'm AV's English wife. I think she usually does enough talking for both of us ;-)

We met online and she would probably tell you that I stalked her before we started chatting properly.

So anyway, I'm currently trying to distract myself from waiting for our visa to be approved. It was received by Sheffield on 26th April

That's great! 

I forgot to reply to your pasta suggestion:  Thanks, but I eat enough pasta.  My kids would happily eat plain pasta with cheese for every single meal, so I'm looking for something different.   

Thanks for the suggestion though!

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2017, 10:30:49 AM »
Dude....not to worry you....but if you zoom in behind your tent....you'll see this thing hanging in the bushes....

Those woods were really deep and there were some big animals moving around. 

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:47 AM »

I forgot to reply to your pasta suggestion:  Thanks, but I eat enough pasta.  My kids would happily eat plain pasta with cheese for every single meal, so I'm looking for something different.   

Lol, I have a kid exactly like that. That's how I know ;)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2017, 11:35:10 AM »
Aluminium packets you can put directly into the coals or on a grill. I also make them in the oven. I might have to make some this weekend myself.

Thinly sliced potatoes make up the bottom layer, season them how you like. Then I use chicken in the middle again, seasoned how you like. With veggies on the top. I use broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. But some butter in and a little water to help steam.

I flip them halfway on the grill so they can get a bit of colour on the veg.

You can make them ahead. They take about 20-30 minutes to cook.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
Aluminium packets you can put directly into the coals or on a grill. I also make them in the oven. I might have to make some this weekend myself.

Thinly sliced potatoes make up the bottom layer, season them how you like. Then I use chicken in the middle again, seasoned how you like. With veggies on the top. I use broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. But some butter in and a little water to help steam.

I flip them halfway on the grill so they can get a bit of colour on the veg.

You can make them ahead. They take about 20-30 minutes to cook.

I swear I haven't thought of those since Scout camp! Tasty.

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2017, 11:40:36 AM »

I've only seen Hostess so far. There are only a few Little Debbie products I like better than Hostess.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2017, 11:43:17 AM »
One of the links had a recipe like that.  Sounds good but I'm afraid my dinner will end up like the marshmallows I cook ,   burning like crazy.

Good to see you back!

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2017, 11:50:43 AM »
I swear I haven't thought of those since Scout camp! Tasty.

Yeah, my dad always makes huge packets of just potatoes and veg when he BBQ's. He was a Scout as well!

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2017, 11:55:30 AM »
One of the links had a recipe like that.  Sounds good but I'm afraid my dinner will end up like the marshmallows I cook ,   burning like crazy.

Good to see you back!

Yeah, there's lots of packet recipes. I think they also get called hobo dinner?

We made then in an actual campfire and they turned out just fine. Took a bit longer than a grill, but they were lovely.

I'm home sick at the moment and I need something distracting from the Manchester news.

Sponsored Links