Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Passport renewal is embassy  (Read 812 times)

• Liked: 82
Passport renewal is embassy
« on: May 24, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »
Has anyone renewed their US passport through the embassy lately. We shipped it off via dx last week, and just wondering how long it normally takes. Saw a great deal for a last minute holiday. Also, my passport doesn't expire until February. So they add on threat time to my passport, so make it valid for 10 years and 8 months, or just 10 years and I lose the 8 months. I would have waited but we are off to Cyprus in September and need 6months validity. Tia

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
Re: Passport renewal is embassy
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 07:40:59 PM »
I believe it takes 4 weeks through the London Embassy.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 08:13:14 PM »
Darn. Thanks. That is what the website said, I was hoping it was quicker :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 08:16:41 PM »
It's been 4 weeks for years... I believe they have to mail it to the US for processing, then once it has been issued, it's returned to the US Embassy in London, and then mailed back to you - so 4 weeks is pretty much the standard time it takes.

I think other embassies have faster processing times though (like Dublin and Edinburgh), but I'm not sure how the process is different at those embassies compared with London.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 07:14:19 AM »
Thanks. Money was taken yesterday from my bank for passport. I'll just wait it out. Thanks ksands

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 08:24:58 AM »
Just an update. Got a text this morning from dx to say the embassy had given them my package to deliver for tomorrow. So it will be exactly 3 weeks door to door

• Liked: 56
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 02:44:21 PM »
This is good news to see as I have to renew this week and was wondering if it was going to be OK as we have to go to Denmark/Sweden end of July for a wedding. They I remembered I am not dealing with British bureaucracy and civil service ineptitude :)

Cannot wait to get a new passport, Ive been having problems at the Swedish border recently with too many stamps and the last time I tried to exit the woman was a raging b*tch and made me spend 5 minutes to the side of the line searching for my entry stamp from the week prior while staring at me with disapproval. I was ready to reach through the window and yell at her that I was trying to leave the damn country and no way on gods green earth would I ever want to live there anyway.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 04:04:41 PM »
This is good news to see as I have to renew this week and was wondering if it was going to be OK as we have to go to Denmark/Sweden end of July for a wedding. They I remembered I am not dealing with British bureaucracy and civil service ineptitude :)

Cannot wait to get a new passport, Ive been having problems at the Swedish border recently with too many stamps and the last time I tried to exit the woman was a raging b*tch and made me spend 5 minutes to the side of the line searching for my entry stamp from the week prior while staring at me with disapproval. I was ready to reach through the window and yell at her that I was trying to leave the damn country and no way on gods green earth would I ever want to live there anyway.
You should be fine, was 3 weeks exactly for me. And it's a 52 page passport instead of 28 do lots of extra pages :)

Sponsored Links