Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving money from USA bank account to UK bank account?  (Read 2564 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Moving money from USA bank account to UK bank account?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 09:45:16 AM »
I am thinking this is a one off to establish your banking credentials from the bank you will be transferring on a regular basis. Could you coordinate with your parents this first time so they receive and tell you the validation code?

I never have to receive a validation from my US bank but it was last year when I set it up so can't remember if I had to do that the first time.

Same boat where I don't remember whether or not I had to do it, but I started my account a few years back so I might have just forgotten. Also, it might be how I do my transfer maybe? I do the payment from my bank account but I know there are several options as to how you can do the transfer.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 718
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 02:27:50 PM »
Same boat where I don't remember whether or not I had to do it, but I started my account a few years back so I might have just forgotten. Also, it might be how I do my transfer maybe? I do the payment from my bank account but I know there are several options as to how you can do the transfer.

I actually changed which bank the funds come from earlier this year so I have 2 US banks set up in Transferwise and when I make a transfer it defaults to the last bank I used. Never asks for a validation code which is why I think it is a one time only request when first establishing a new bank.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 116
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2017, 07:56:49 PM »
It just had me log in to my U.S. bank account online through transferwise and that was enough of a credential for them.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab