Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New job while visa still in queue...what to do?  (Read 476 times)

• Alors, tu te rappelleras tout ce que je te dis là
  • Liked: 150
New job while visa still in queue...what to do?
« on: May 25, 2017, 08:17:59 PM »
Hello,

My husband started a new, better-paying job on May 22nd, and as our visa has still not been processed, we are concerned that if an employer verification occurs, the Home Office will assume he's currently unemployed and deny the visa. We naively assumed the visa would be processed before this week, so that his taking a new job after applying wouldn't complicate our visa. Keyword: naively.

We applied Category B, so we already provided the 12 months of payslips and bank statements -- the only difference is this new job, which as I said is better paying than his previous one.

We applied online, our "application date" for income purposes from what I understand, on 17 April, so over a month before this new job. I know you can't add to your application, but is there anything we can or should do, apart from hoping they don't verify employment, or if they do, they ask for more information?
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Applied spouse visa 17/04/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

• Liked: 107
Re: New job while visa still in queue...what to do?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 08:51:56 AM »
I cannot provide you with any facts regarding this at all but surely at the time you applied all information was correct and true. With the waiting time being what it is a lot can change.
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 01:21:25 PM »
I cannot provide you with any facts regarding this at all but surely at the time you applied all information was correct and true. With the waiting time being what it is a lot can change.

Yes, at the time of application this job wasn't on the horizon! Hopefully UKVI understand that in a period of 30+ days, things can change (and in this case, it was a good change). I guess we'll just hope they don't call, or that if they do, they request more information re: current employer...
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 01:27:15 PM »
Yeah, I think you'll be fine - it's unlikely they will find out the new job has started.

And if it is questioned, you can still show you meet the requirements anyway, so either way, it's not going to be an issue.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 01:44:31 PM »
Yeah, I think you'll be fine - it's unlikely they will find out the new job has started.

And if it is questioned, you can still show you meet the requirements anyway, so either way, it's not going to be an issue.

Thank you! I'll try not to worry about it and go back to focusing on the endless wait. :)
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

• Liked: 22
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 03:37:27 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm in the same boat right now. I submitted my U.K. Spouse visa application on the 22nd of June and received a confirmation email on 26th of June stating that my documents have been received.
My husband had a contract job with no end date and was actively looking for job opportunities when we were getting our paperwork together for the spouse visa application. He got a job offer last month with no start date as they were still doing background checks.
As we had collected most of our documents by then and we didn't want to wait more, so we planned to go with the priority visa application to get a verdict before he starts his new job.
But a day after my biometrics (just my luck) on the 20th of June, he received a email from the company to start asap. And on the 23rd of June, since he did not have any notice period with his current job, he accepted to start on the 26th of June.
It never appeared to us till now that the ECO might contact his previous employer to verify his employment. And by then we had submitted our application with payslips, bank statements, contract and employment letter from his previous job under category A. Six months of payslips and bank statements.
He still does fulfill his the minimum financial threshold but we haven't mentioned anything about his new job.

We put in so much time, effort and money in this application and don't want to be refused for this reason. Is there a way we could contact the office and notify them of the change or please advise the best way to handle this situation.

Thank you guys. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Met Sep 2015
Lived together in NYC late 2015-Aug 2016
Brit boy moves back :(
Got married on the 6/5/2017
Online application 6/6
Application sent 6/22
Email confirmation 6/26
Decision email 7/30
Documents received waiting

Sponsored Links