Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Utter disaster- perfectly prepared FLR(M) sent in, got back linvalid letter  (Read 12747 times)

• Liked: 73
I am so glad this has been resolved! Congratulations! I can imagine your anger but hopefully in a few days you will be able to relax and enjoy the relief of knowing you have the visa. I agree that for the next visa, go for the in-person appointment. It really is worth the money.
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 134
So glad to hear that everything has been resolved after the nightmare you had!  Enjoy your 2.5 years- you've earned them!
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
Update: Got my docs back with an acceptance letter.

(applauseclapclapclapwhistleXenayellclapclapclap) ;0)

"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

• Liked: 13
Thanks so much everyone!
I def will do in-person next time-

but quick note that we didn't not do in-person this time to save money, not at all! It was 100% strategic in that I have a bunch of really intense stuff going on in our personal lives etc and we actually wanted those 4-8 weeks of extended leave because if there had been a refusal it would have been MUCH better to have it happen mid June/first part of July than it would have at the end of April! And we were legitimately  concerned about a refusal because as I think I've mentioned before on this thread, we had really complex finances and sketchy co-hab proof, so I actually thought it not-unlikely it would be a refusal and would have to rely on doing an appeal to buy time to apply again with better finances and cohab proof!

In 30 months time a lot of things should be different- we SHOULD be in a better place financially and will if nothing else be rock-solid prepared on the cohabitation docs.

Sponsored Links