Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa: Proof address, online applications, etc.  (Read 11650 times)

• Liked: 9
Re: Spouse Visa: Proof address, online applications, etc.
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2017, 02:54:42 PM »
It's shocking how rude they are on some of those forums!   :-\\\\

I would also recommend using the paper form. With the online one, you still have to print and send it with your application in any case and we are familiar with the paper form so better able to answer your questions.  :)

Sounds like you're well on your way now though!  Good luck!  :)

Ah I see!
Our printer broke not long ago, but I will definitely consider writing on paper form. Thanks for the tip :)
I'll probably have some other questions later on as well... I'm a bit of a worrier  ::)
Thank you so much for your help!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2017, 02:59:02 PM »
Yes, will do! I've learned my lesson from this, haha. Thank you so much for your help :)

Happy to!

I tried the online form but it's repetitive and difficult to figure out exactly what they want at times. I used the printed form. It was way easier.

And, since they dont send emails, you can see when UKVI is actually doing something with your application as the first thing they do after it arrives is have your payment charged to the CC you use for payment.

We have had a few people do the online one.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2017, 03:04:05 PM »
Happy to!

I tried the online form but it's repetitive and difficult to figure out exactly what they want at times. I used the printed form. It was way easier.

And, since they dont send emails, you can see when UKVI is actually doing something with your application as the first thing they do after it arrives is have your payment charged to the CC you use for payment.

We have had a few people do the online one.

Oh okay, it does sound easier via post. I will print it out first thing tomorrow.

Also, does it matter if I have dual citizenship? I dont particularly want the UK citizenship, but rather I want to stay here with my husband and my friends...I hope it doesnt affect my application?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2017, 03:08:14 PM »
Oh okay, it does sound easier via post. I will print it out first thing tomorrow.

Also, does it matter if I have dual citizenship? I dont particularly want the UK citizenship, but rather I want to stay here with my husband and my friends...I hope it doesnt affect my application?

You are under no obligation to apply for UK citizenship. It'll be 5 years until you are even eligible but there is really no reason at all not to go for it and many reasons to do so.
For example, as a UKC, you can leave the UK for however long you like and not have to worry about going through the visa process again and of course if you have children, it's always a good idea to be the same nationality as they are.  :)

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 03:11:40 PM »
You are under no obligation to apply for UK citizenship. It'll be 5 years until you are even eligible but there is really no reason at all not to go for it and many reasons to do so.
For example, as a UKC, you can leave the UK for however long you like and not have to worry about going through the visa process again and of course if you have children, it's always a good idea to be the same nationality as they are.  :)

Phew! I feel so much better after all these questions have been answered. Thank you all so very much!
I will definitely post a new topic up once I send in my application (whether I get accepted or not) just for people who are switching from Tier 5 to FLR(m) which seems like something that is rare.
Thanks again! :)

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 03:12:27 PM »

Hmm. So you mean you already have dual citizenship? I've never heard of it causing any issues.

Having UK citizenship is worthwhile, even if it's just so you never have to worry about dealing with UK immigration ever again. As it stands you can only be out of the country for 2 years before you'd have to start your settlement immigration journey over again.

I will be applying for it after I apply for ILR in 2019.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 03:15:55 PM »
Hmm. So you mean you already have dual citizenship? I've never heard of it causing any issues.

Having UK citizenship is worthwhile, even if it's just so you never have to worry about dealing with UK immigration ever again. As it stands you can only be out of the country for 2 years before you'd have to start your settlement immigration journey over again.

I will be applying for it after I apply for ILR in 2019.

Yes, I have both Japanese and Canadian. But I don't want to lose either since Japan is where I am from (my whole family resides there) and my Canadian I feel like it is a good one to have. But I will definitely reconsider if I ever do have kids, etc. But for now, I'm just hoping that it doesnt affect the application.

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2017, 03:17:12 PM »
Phew! I feel so much better after all these questions have been answered. Thank you all so very much!
I will definitely post a new topic up once I send in my application (whether I get accepted or not) just for people who are switching from Tier 5 to FLR(m) which seems like something that is rare.
Thanks again! :)

I think it's rare on this forum as we're primarily for US/UK immigration and USC's are not eligible for the tier 5 youth mobility visa. I see tier 5 to FLR(M) happening when I look elsewhere online.
But, yes, by all means post your experience, although it's not common, I'm sure there will be more applicants in your situation that will find it invaluable!  :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:19:00 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2017, 03:21:09 PM »
Yes, I have both Japanese and Canadian. But I don't want to lose either since Japan is where I am from (my whole family resides there) and my Canadian I feel like it is a good one to have. But I will definitely reconsider if I ever do have kids, etc. But for now, I'm just hoping that it doesnt affect the application.

It will only affect it in a good way! You won't need to worry about the English language requirement because of your Canadian citizenship.  :)

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2017, 03:35:18 PM »
It will only affect it in a good way! You won't need to worry about the English language requirement because of your Canadian citizenship.  :)

thank you so much for the reassurance, you guys are amazing <3

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2017, 03:49:34 PM »
We've definitely had dual-citizens applying here before... in fact, I believe one person who is currently preparing their spousal visa application holds both US and Pakistan citizenships.

You just have to state on the application form that you hold more than one citizenship and you may need to send both passports as well.

• Liked: 60
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2017, 03:50:45 PM »

I will just agree that the online form was at times incredibly confusing. I still used it though because I'm stubborn  ;)

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2017, 03:52:32 PM »
I will just agree that the online form was at times incredibly confusing. I still used it though because I'm stubborn  ;)

Yeah, I am almost done with the online application...but since a lot of people are suggesting it, I'm looking through the paper form right now, trying to see which one would be easier to do!

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2017, 03:54:08 PM »
Yeah, I am almost done with the online application...but since a lot of people are suggesting it, I'm looking through the paper form right now, trying to see which one would be easier to do!

You have to print the online form anyway.

Brenzie, do you remember how many pages it was when you printed it?

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2017, 04:27:38 PM »

You know, the paper form can be confusing too, but at least we're used to dealing with it!   :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab