Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa: Proof address, online applications, etc.  (Read 11643 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Spouse Visa: Proof address, online applications, etc.
« Reply #240 on: June 27, 2017, 06:18:46 PM »
No, thank you!

So I can send it right away when it comes? I'm thinking it'll be here by Friday. I think I heard that you would have to wait for their reply before I can send it...?
I think I've ordered for two copies as well :)
One with Apostille and one without.

So once I get our marriage certificate I should send it along with all the details you've listed? I don't have to wait for them to request it?

Thank you Larra :) x

For out of country applications you do need to wait to see if they request additional information but going from the official guidance which I linked to , it looks like for FLR you can go ahead and send it without a request.

I am literally just reading the notes though, I have not seen any anecdotal evidence one way or the other on this subject.

Personally, if I was in your situation, I would probably go ahead and send it, knowing that if it didn't get paired up with the rest of your application, you still have another one which you could send.

« Reply #241 on: June 27, 2017, 06:27:00 PM »
And I can send it with the cover letter, correct?
And for the Special Delivery number, I should write the Special Delivery number of my visa application right...?

thank you!

Yes, send a cover letter with the following details. Presumably the special delivery number is that of your original application.

•the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality
• any Recorded or Special Delivery number
• the date on which the application was posted or made in person
• the Home Office reference number if you have one

• Liked: 9
« Reply #242 on: June 28, 2017, 09:45:53 AM »
Yes, send a cover letter with the following details. Presumably the special delivery number is that of your original application.

•the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality
• any Recorded or Special Delivery number
• the date on which the application was posted or made in person
• the Home Office reference number if you have one

Thank you Larra :)
Maybe I'll call them up and ask them...

Also! My application just reached them, so fingers crossed they are nice and let me send my marriage certificate :o
Do they usually take long to review the application after they receive it?

« Reply #243 on: June 28, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »

Maybe I'll call them up and ask them...

Also! My application just reached them, so fingers crossed they are nice and let me send my marriage certificate :o
Do they usually take long to review the application after they receive it?

You could try calling but I'm not sure that the in country line will be any more reliable than the one for out of country applications?
 At least it's a free number though so you don't have anything to loose.  :)

They usually open the application and send the biometric invitation letter within a week to ten days.

FLRM should be decided within 8 weeks. Most of the ones I have seen reported here have been in the 6-7 week range. Ours on the other hand took 15 weeks but that was very unusual!  :P
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:19:57 AM by larrabee »

« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »
You could try calling but I'm not sure that the in country line will be any more reliable than the one for out of country applications?
 At least it's a free number though so you don't have anything to loose.  :)

They usually open the application and send the biometric invitation letter within a week to ten days.

FLRM should be decided within 8 weeks. Most of the ones I have seen reported here have been in the 6-7 week range. Ours on the other hand took 15 weeks but that was very unusual!  :P

So far I haven't heard from HO...
and I still haven't gotten my marriage certificate yet, but I'm hoping it will come tomorrow or on Monday... I'm a bit worried that they would assume I'm not going to be sending it to them or something :/

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2017, 09:18:00 PM »

No, you won't yet... it'll probably take them a week or two to send your confirmation letter out - FLR(M) communication is usually by snail mail rather than email.

and I still haven't gotten my marriage certificate yet, but I'm hoping it will come tomorrow or on Monday... I'm a bit worried that they would assume I'm not going to be sending it to them or something :/

As above, it could be a couple of weeks before they even look at the application - so nothing to be concerned about yet.

« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2017, 09:23:26 PM »

Even if they have opened your application by now which they may not have, they won't have looked at it in any detail yet. They don't do that until after your biometric information is forwarded to them.

You'll get the biometric invitation letter in the next week or so.  :)

« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2017, 09:33:34 PM »

No, you won't yet... it'll probably take them a week or two to send your confirmation letter out - FLR(M) communication is usually by snail mail rather than email.

As above, it could be a couple of weeks before they even look at the application - so nothing to be concerned about yet.

Okay, I thought they would be contacting by email so got a bit worried :)

Ksand, I was wondering:
When I get my marriage certificate, can I just send my certificate (with the cover letter) right away?

« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2017, 09:34:36 PM »
Even if they have opened your application by now which they may not have, they won't have looked at it in any detail yet. They don't do that until after your biometric information is forwarded to them.

You'll get the biometric invitation letter in the next week or so.  :)

Thank you!
Which means I have more than enough time to send my certificate :)

« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2017, 09:43:00 PM »
Thank you!
Which means I have more than enough time to send my certificate :)

Yes, if you get it to them before you go for biometrics, they won't have started processing yet.
As we discussed upthread, send it to the address given in the guidance for contacting them after your application has been submitted, not the one you sent the application to.
Include all the info they ask for so that they can pair it up with your application. Then keep your fingers crossed!  :)

« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2017, 09:46:01 PM »
Yes, if you get it to them before you go for biometrics, they won't have started processing yet.
As we discussed upthread, send it to the address given in the guidance for contacting them after your application has been submitted, not the one you sent the application to.
Include all the info they ask for so that they can pair it up with your application. Then keep your fingers crossed!  :)

Perfect :) thank you thank you!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2017, 09:49:11 PM »
Okay, I thought they would be contacting by email so got a bit worried :)

No, sadly once you're in the UK, things are generally by post, not email.

Your general timeline will likely be:
- a few days after you've mailed it, they should debit your bank account for the visa fee
- about a week or two after you've mailed it, they should send a confirmation letter and/or a biometrics invite letter
- once you've given biometrics, they will be transmitted electronically to UKVI
- when they've received your biometrics, they will start processing the visa
- a few weeks after that, you should receive your passport, documents and BRP card in the post (the BRP arrives separately).

Another user just received their FLR(M) BRP card today. They haven't received their passport or documents back yet.
- They mailed their application on May 2nd
- On May 8th, they noticed that the visa fee had been taken out of their account,
- They received their biometrics letter on May 16th and they gave biometrics that day.
- They received their BRP card (visa) on June 29th, with the visa being valid from June 26th.

Ksand, I was wondering:
When I get my marriage certificate, can I just send my certificate (with the cover letter) right away?

I really don't know for sure - I assume so, but I can't recall anyone sending anything after the fact unless UKVI explicitly requested it.

My only concern about sending it now, would be that it might not get linked to your application - especially as your application is in Durham but the address you're supposed send it to is in Croydon.

If you have more than one official copy of the marriage certificate, you could send one copy when you get it, and then have another on hand as a back up just in case they don't receive it properly.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:50:27 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2017, 09:54:31 PM »

My only concern about sending it now, would be that it might not get linked to your application - especially as your application is in Durham but the address you're supposed send it to is in Croydon.

If you have more than one official copy of the marriage certificate, you could send one copy when you get it, and then have another on hand as a back up just in case they don't receive it properly.

Glad to have your opinion.  :) Those were my thoughts exactly, Cami does have two coming so she should be covered either way.  :)

« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »
Perfect :) thank you thank you!

Any time!   :D

« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2017, 10:05:30 PM »
Thank you both :)

I'm getting two certificates, one with the apostille stamp... I'm thinking I'll send them the one that doesnt have the stamp (it's from Gibraltar Registrar Office so it should be a valid certificate even without the stamp).

I will call them tomorrow and see if they can give me any details whether or not I can send it right away.

I'll update on here, just in case anyone wants to know!

Sponsored Links