Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa: Proof address, online applications, etc.  (Read 11649 times)

• Liked: 134
Re: Spouse Visa: Proof address, online applications, etc.
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2017, 05:27:40 PM »
And that's great to hear, we have over 8 items of correspondence so we should be okay. My partner was getting stressed out because he read that we needed maximum of two years of correspondence, but I had to explain to him that's for unmarried partners only... but I had to make sure myself because it was eating away at me.

Like Lyonaria said, it's for married couples, as well. You don't need to do it for this application because you haven't been living together for two years. It's the same application whether switching from a fiancé visa, applying for a further leave to remain as a spouse/civil partner, or switching from another visa to the partner category. So you will have to provide the six documents 2.5 years down the line.

You have to print the online form anyway.

Brenzie, do you remember how many pages it was when you printed it?

I recall the figure of 17 pages, which is a good chunk lighter than the 79 of the paper form. I found the paper one fairly straightforward but didn't even look at the online one.

Good luck with your application, camiekyu. It will be interesting to see how your experience goes!
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 60
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2017, 05:40:49 PM »
You have to print the online form anyway.

Brenzie, do you remember how many pages it was when you printed it?

Mine was 21 pages, but a good chunk of that was because the husband has 3 dependent children and there are a lot of questions for each of them.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2017, 03:01:28 PM »
Like Lyonaria said, it's for married couples, as well. You don't need to do it for this application because you haven't been living together for two years. It's the same application whether switching from a fiancé visa, applying for a further leave to remain as a spouse/civil partner, or switching from another visa to the partner category. So you will have to provide the six documents 2.5 years down the line.

Okay perfect! Thank you so much for clearing it up :) So since we've only been living together, we would just need maybe 2 joint names? And maybe one each just in case? I dont want to give them too many now, just in case they get annoyed or something  ::)

I recall the figure of 17 pages, which is a good chunk lighter than the 79 of the paper form. I found the paper one fairly straightforward but didn't even look at the online one.

Good luck with your application, camiekyu. It will be interesting to see how your experience goes!

Yeah, I've already filled in most of the online application so I think I'll stick to it... Or else I might start confusing myself with the paper form.

Thanks again! I will definitely post up my experience, hopefully help others in the same situation as I am.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2017, 03:39:13 PM »
Okay perfect! Thank you so much for clearing it up :) So since we've only been living together, we would just need maybe 2 joint names? And maybe one each just in case? I dont want to give them too many now, just in case they get annoyed or something  ::)

Yeah, I've already filled in most of the online application so I think I'll stick to it... Or else I might start confusing myself with the paper form.

Thanks again! I will definitely post up my experience, hopefully help others in the same situation as I am.

Two items in both names sounds fine and I think there would be no harm in including an extra for each of you. That way you'll get your three separate sources so that box is ticked!
You're  right though, generally less is more with visa applications.  :)

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2017, 03:40:57 PM »
Two items in both names sounds fine and I think there would be no harm in including an extra for each of you. That way you'll get your three separate sources so that box is ticked!

Thank you! You guys are amazing! <3

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2017, 04:44:48 PM »

You're actually supposed to provide 6 items in each name, regardless of how long you have lived together... even if it's only been a few months (so people switching from 6-month fiance visas also have to provide 6 items).

If you don't have 6 items yet, you need to write a letter explaining why you cannot provide all 6, and why you can only include 2 (or 3).

So, if you do have 6 items each (or 6 joint items), then I would include all of them.

The guidance on the FLR(M) application form states:

Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years. See Note 11.

And at the bottom of Note 11, it states:

Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on.

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2017, 04:53:56 PM »
Thank you ksand, don't know what I was thinking! Luckily camiekyu is covered.  :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:07:44 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2017, 05:42:40 PM »
You're actually supposed to provide 6 items in each name, regardless of how long you have lived together... even if it's only been a few months (so people switching from 6-month fiance visas also have to provide 6 items).

If you don't have 6 items yet, you need to write a letter explaining why you cannot provide all 6, and why you can only include 2 (or 3).

So, if you do have 6 items each (or 6 joint items), then I would include all of them.

The guidance on the FLR(M) application form states:

And at the bottom of Note 11, it states:

Thank you for clarifying. At the moment we have 4 joint names, and 2 for each name.
But one of the joint names, is a letter from the letting agency (with address, and signed by the agency). Do you think that is valid for proof?

And also, we are missing March and April... (we have been at the flat since December - Now) do you think that is okay? I can't find any correspondence from that time...
Note: I do have mail from November as well (BT, and the letter from the agency).

thank you!

• Liked: 134
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2017, 06:29:46 PM »
Letters from letting agencies are fine. We used one for our most recent application.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2017, 08:11:47 PM »
Thank you for clarifying. At the moment we have 4 joint names, and 2 for each name.
But one of the joint names, is a letter from the letting agency (with address, and signed by the agency). Do you think that is valid for proof?

And also, we are missing March and April... (we have been at the flat since December - Now) do you think that is okay? I can't find any correspondence from that time...
Note: I do have mail from November as well (BT, and the letter from the agency).

thank you!

Sorry for not being more on the ball with that one.  :-[

You will be absolutely fine with what you have, 4 joint and 2 each in separate names.  As mentioned, most people living together for only 6 months won't have half that much correspondence. You'll have 6 items in each name so you don't even have to write an explanation.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2017, 08:19:35 PM »
You will be absolutely fine with what you have, 4 joint and 2 each in separate names.  As mentioned, most people living together for only 6 months won't have half that much correspondence. You'll have 6 items in each name so you don't even have to write an explanation.

I agree, you'll be fine.

Since you haven't lived together that long, you might as well include whatever you do have in your name, even if it's not on the list of accepted documents, just to show you have the 6 items :).

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2017, 01:04:47 PM »
I agree, you'll be fine.

Since you haven't lived together that long, you might as well include whatever you do have in your name, even if it's not on the list of accepted documents, just to show you have the 6 items :).

Even if I don't have April/March correspondences? Should I write a short explanation? The only reason I have is that we probably threw them away  :-X

thank you so much for the advice! I think I'm pretty much covered now!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2017, 01:09:32 PM »
Even if I don't have April/March correspondences? Should I write a short explanation? The only reason I have is that we probably threw them away  :-X

Normally the 6 pieces of post are spread out over 2 years so not having something for every mobth is just fine.

When we applied for my first FLR I'd only been in the country for 5 months and didn't have more than 1 or two things to send and got the visa no problem. ☺
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2017, 01:09:58 PM »

By all means, if it makes you feel more comfortable, you can write an explanation. I don't think you need to though.  :)

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2017, 01:11:28 PM »
By all means, if it makes you feel more comfortable, you can write an explanation. I don't think you need to though.  :)

thank you Larra! I might just write a short explanation just for peace of mind x

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab