Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Chicagoan in the UK  (Read 498 times)

• Liked: 20
Chicagoan in the UK
« on: May 29, 2017, 09:17:04 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm thrilled to be waving hello from Edinburgh! I grew up in mostly in the Chicago area, and most recently lived in the Bay Area.

Wanting a radical life change of pace, I started looking into options for moving abroad last year. I'm married to a Canadian with a UK born grandparent, which we discovered qualified us for a UK Ancestry Visa. After what felt like an endless amount of time tracking down old family documents, we got approved and moved to the UK earlier this month.

We're looking forward to connecting with my partner's Scottish heritage, exploring the UK and Europe, and are looking for work or steadier freelance contracts. It'll be an adventure!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Chicagoan in the UK
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:23:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm thrilled to be waving hello from Edinburgh! I grew up in mostly in the Chicago area, and most recently lived in the Bay Area.

Wanting a radical life change of pace, I started looking into options for moving abroad last year. I'm married to a Canadian with a UK born grandparent, which we discovered qualified us for a UK Ancestry Visa. After what felt like an endless amount of time tracking down old family documents, we got approved and moved to the UK earlier this month.

We're looking forward to connecting with my partner's Scottish heritage, exploring the UK and Europe, and are looking for work or steadier freelance contracts. It'll be an adventure!

Hi AncestrySpouse, congratulations on the visa, you must be over the moon!   ;D
Enjoy.  :)

• Liked: 60
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 11:50:28 AM »
Welcome, Ancestry! I hope you and the spouse enjoy the adventure  :D

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 12:31:20 PM »
Welcome and congrats! Very exciting change of pace for you both for sure!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab