Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions and Concerns about form VAF4A  (Read 5524 times)

• Liked: 94
Re: Questions and Concerns about form VAF4A
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 02:20:37 AM »
It's not for citizenship, it's for ILR, which is permanent residence.

Once you have ILR, you can then apply for citizenship, providing you meet all the requirements for it.

So, your visa journey will be:

Spousal visa = £1,464 + £600 IHS surcharge = £2,064
FLR(M) visa after 2.5 years in the UK = currently £993 + £500 IHS surcharge = £1,493
ILR visa after 5 years in the UK = currently £2,297 (no IHS surcharge)
Citizenship after ILR = currently £1,282

Total to citizenship based on current prices = £7,136

But this may well have increased a lot by the time you get to ILR and citizenship.

Thank you I really like how you broke that down I have trouble processing things when it's all up in the air I make lots of lists. Anyways I was just curious if you knew this but my husband and I were confused on whether or not they interview once you reach the UK we thought there was an interview process somewhere?
Also I read on another forum this stamp or sticker you get in your passport only lasts 30 days and you need to go to a post office to receive your residence card?
Also for proof of relationship I can get records from my phone company but it takes 30 days for them to mail it out so I was going to ask for them by the end of this month before my last visit to the Uk so I wont have julys records on paper but would screenshots of call history work for the last month of july right before we send it off?
Also I read that they try to hold refusals when children are involved until they have a lawful reason for refusal does this count to children who are applying with their guardian or to any children involved in the situation like my children though their in england and are citizens their still missing their mother.

Thanks again I can't promise these will be my last questions cause im very nervouse about this whole process and I just want to make sure we do it right that way I don't miss out on seeing my children much more of this year. So thank you for all your help it's made me alot calmer.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 06:41:04 AM »
Thank you I really like how you broke that down I have trouble processing things when it's all up in the air I make lots of lists. Anyways I was just curious if you knew this but my husband and I were confused on whether or not they interview once you reach the UK we thought there was an interview process somewhere?

Lists are great!  :)
There is no interview  for the spouse visa. You may be asked a few questions at the border but there is no actual interview.
Some people also think that they will be interviewed at their biometrics appointment but this is just where you get your fingerprints and photo taken.

Also I read on another forum this stamp or sticker you get in your passport only lasts 30 days and you need to go to a post office to receive your residence card? 

When your visa application is approved, they will issue your entry visa as a vignette (which is a sticker) in your passport. You have to enter the UK within the validity period of the vignette which will be 30 days. Sometimes depending on the date it is issued and how long your package takes to get back to you, there will be less than 30 days left for you to travel.

Once you arrive in the UK, you must pick up your BRP at the Post Office within 10 days.

Also for proof of relationship I can get records from my phone company but it takes 30 days for them to mail it out so I was going to ask for them by the end of this month before my last visit to the Uk so I wont have julys records on paper but would screenshots of call history work for the last month of july right before we send it off? 

Yes, that will be fine. Also send your boarding passes from the trip.

Also I read that they try to hold refusals when children are involved until they have a lawful reason for refusal does this count to children who are applying with their guardian or to any children involved in the situation like my children though their in england and are citizens their still missing their mother. 

I have read that too but we haven't seen that happening on this forum.
You are doing really well with your research so hopefully your application will be successful and there will be no need to worry.  :)

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 04:01:37 PM »
Thank you I'm currently trying to put together a list of everything we have and need I'm going to visit my family at the end of this month and were gonna try and put together everything we have and fill out the paperwork and then my husband will mail me the rest I need for it to within the time limit they ask for. All this information has helped me greatly so thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm sure i'll be back if I have any more questions.
Thank you again

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2017, 05:19:10 PM »
Thank you I'm currently trying to put together a list of everything we have and need I'm going to visit my family at the end of this month and were gonna try and put together everything we have and fill out the paperwork and then my husband will mail me the rest I need for it to within the time limit they ask for. All this information has helped me greatly so thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm sure i'll be back if I have any more questions.
Thank you again

When you've got your list together, you are welcome to post it here, so that we can let you know if there is anything that you are missing.

Also, do not submit and pay for the online application until you have absolutely all the documents needed in your hands and ready to go.  :)

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 06:17:06 PM »
Ok so I have a few more question :/ sorry...
Ok for when I get to england if im approved do they give you a post office location to go to or will it be at your local post office?
Do I have to pay for priority and return postage before my biometrics or after? Or does it not matter as long as its before you mail the application since the receipts have to be in the envelope?
Should we be including letters from family members about my entry refusal? Or just a letter (cover letter) stating what happened and what I did following it?
Also for the first two years of my husband and I living together we were living with family so we don't have rental leases BUT we did get married during 2011 for proof along with photos of it and in 2011 my husbands green card was approved and we have the approval letter with the address and his green card given that year and then tax returns we filed of the year of 2011 would this be enough evidence for that year?
Then for the year 2012 we have a few photos we can submit and a USCIS change of address form we filed for my husbands greencard with the residence we were staying at and we have our 2012 tax returns. Would this be enough for that year or should I get a letter from my father stating that we were living at that address and visiting him regularly as a family for further proof of our relationship for that year?
And lastly I was told not to submit our daughters birth certificate since their citizens but wouldnt it also be ok to submit copys as further proof that we had an ongoing relationship since its lists both of us for mother and father and the year gaps to show we were together the whole time? I don't know if that makes sense it was just something I was curious about.
Thank you all again for your patience with me

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »
Ok for when I get to england if im approved do they give you a post office location to go to or will it be at your local post office?

I believe it tells you which post office it will be when you submit the online application. Also, the letter that arrives with your visa will give you instructions on where, when and how to pick up the BRP.

Do I have to pay for priority and return postage before my biometrics or after? Or does it not matter as long as its before you mail the application since the receipts have to be in the envelope?

You can pay for it whenever you like, though you will need your GWF application number. Some people have had problems with the VFS Global site and being able to purchase the services, so I would do it sooner rather than later.

Should we be including letters from family members about my entry refusal? Or just a letter (cover letter) stating what happened and what I did following it?

No, letters from family members CANNOT be considered.

All you need to do is list the refusal, include any paperwork if you have it, and then give a short explanation (couple of sentences) in your cover letter.

Also for the first two years of my husband and I living together we were living with family so we don't have rental leases BUT we did get married during 2011 for proof along with photos of it and in 2011 my husbands green card was approved and we have the approval letter with the address and his green card given that year and then tax returns we filed of the year of 2011 would this be enough evidence for that year?

For that year, I would just include your marriage certificate, 1 photo of you and your spouse at the wedding, and your tax return for that year.

You don't need to include anything about the green card, but I guess you could include the letter with your address on it, if it matches the address on the tax return.

Basically, you're looking to include proof of LIVING together, by way of mail at the same address each other... so as long as you have a tax return with both names and your address on it, you're good to go.

The marriage certificate and photo are needed regardless of how long you've been married.

Then for the year 2012 we have a few photos we can submit and a USCIS change of address form we filed for my husbands greencard with the residence we were staying at and we have our 2012 tax returns. Would this be enough for that year or should I get a letter from my father stating that we were living at that address and visiting him regularly as a family for further proof of our relationship for that year?

Just include the 2012 tax return. Nothing else is needed.

Only 2 photos should be sent in total - I would send one from the wedding and one more recent one. They are only used to determine you have met in person at least once.

And lastly I was told not to submit our daughters birth certificate since their citizens but wouldnt it also be ok to submit copys as further proof that we had an ongoing relationship since its lists both of us for mother and father and the year gaps to show we were together the whole time? I don't know if that makes sense it was just something I was curious about.

You could include them if you really wanted, but they are not required and likely won't be looked at.

All they really consider for relationship evidence is evidence that you both lived at the same address at the same time while living in the same country, and also evidence of regular communication if you have lived apart at any time since the wedding.

Birth certificates do not prove evidence of continuous co-habitation since 2011, so I doubt they will have any bearing on the application. After all, you could have children, but still not be living together in a subsisting relationship.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2017, 06:35:23 PM »
You select the post office you want to pick the BRP up from when you fill out the application.

No, you don't need to pay for priority or shipping before biometrics BUT the website you purchase them from is often down or buggy.  I would pay for those as early as possible after submitting your application as sometimes people delay and the website is down so they can't purchase priority.

Letters from family won't be looked at.  Just explaining in your cover letter and the application will suffice.

You only need to submit a photo to show you've met in person.  They don't prove a genuine relationship for proof (at least not according to UKVI).  Your joint tax returns for those years will be perfect.  You only need those for those years. 

You should include the kids birth certificates.  Not sure where you heard not to include them.

Cross posted with ksand.  Ksand, I thought kids birth certificates WERE required...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 06:36:39 PM by KFdancer »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2017, 06:52:16 PM »
Cross posted with ksand.  Ksand, I thought kids birth certificates WERE required...

Only for FLR(M), as far as I know.

They have never been required for a fiance or spousal visa, unless you're applying for a child dependant visa too.

You just have to provide details of the UK citizen children on the application forms, but there is no mention anywhere on the forms or in the supporting documents of having to include either their birth certificates or passports.

On the other hand, the FLR(M) form specifically states that birth certificates of ALL children must be sent.

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2017, 07:12:15 PM »
While were on the topic of birth certificates my daughters were both born US citizens since my husband is a born UK citizen they gained dual citizenship though my older daughter has a UK birth registration certificate and a british passport my younger daughter only has a british passport we got last year for her move to england cause they said you dont need to register her yet. If we do submit their birth certificates should we be including all of those or just their originals given in the US when they were born?

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »
Ok I made my list for all the documents and evidence will we need and I will post it after my visit to the UK one last time once my husband and I put the majority of it together to make sure we are good. Just to clarify a few things before I go I need a certified copy of my husbands UK Passport page will he have to go to his bank to have it certified? And if so will this have to be within 28 days or can we do this while im there this month?
Also for the letter he is meant to write should this be certified? And if so can we do this while im there or should he wait till july?
Same questions for the landlords letter or will just a signature and contact info do?
And lastly my husbands payslips are online so should we print these out and have his employer sign it with contact info or have them certified at the bank? And for his bank statements these should be given to him upon request from the bank will they also need certified?
And for all those should they be within the 28 days or can we have them done while im there except for the bank statements and payslips I know those are for within 28 days.
Thank you again I just want to be prepared that way when I go to visit him I can give him a list of exactly what he needs to do when I leave that way once the time comes he can get it done and mail it to me ASAP so we can file it all off.

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 06:36:06 PM »
Ok I made my list for all the documents and evidence will we need and I will post it after my visit to the UK one last time once my husband and I put the majority of it together to make sure we are good. Just to clarify a few things before I go I need a certified copy of my husbands UK Passport page will he have to go to his bank to have it certified? And if so will this have to be within 28 days or can we do this while im there this month?
Also for the letter he is meant to write should this be certified? And if so can we do this while im there or should he wait till july?
Same questions for the landlords letter or will just a signature and contact info do?
And lastly my husbands payslips are online so should we print these out and have his employer sign it with contact info or have them certified at the bank? And for his bank statements these should be given to him upon request from the bank will they also need certified?
And for all those should they be within the 28 days or can we have them done while im there except for the bank statements and payslips I know those are for within 28 days.
Thank you again I just want to be prepared that way when I go to visit him I can give him a list of exactly what he needs to do when I leave that way once the time comes he can get it done and mail it to me ASAP so we can file it all off.

Your husband can have his passport certified by the Post Office.

The only things that need to be within the 28 days are the financial requirement documents.

No need to have any of the letters certified, but they do need to have original wet signatures. The employer letter should be within the 28 day mark, the others don't have to be.

Bank statements either need to be original or stamped on every page by the bank.

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 06:39:46 PM »
(bb) Payslips must be:

(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
    (ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

from fm-se

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 06:53:14 PM »
ok so for his paystubs since their given to him online he will have to have them stamped by the bank and has employer right a note on company paper saying their authentic and his employer is the owner of the company since its a small employee based company. And this must be done within 28 days of filing right?
So basically the process would be
-Receive julys paystub and print all 7 paystubs
-Have them stamped by the bank for authentication along with bank statements
-Have employer write letter stating they are authentic on company headed paper with signature and date
-Then he can mail it off to me
- And then I will submit them with all the other paperwork and evidence we have
Correct?

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 07:14:21 PM »
ok so for his paystubs since their given to him online he will have to have them stamped by the bank and has employer right a note on company paper saying their authentic and his employer is the owner of the company since its a small employee based company. And this must be done within 28 days of filing right?
So basically the process would be
-Receive julys paystub and print all 7 paystubs
-Have them stamped by the bank for authentication along with bank statements
-Have employer write letter stating they are authentic on company headed paper with signature and date
-Then he can mail it off to me
- And then I will submit them with all the other paperwork and evidence we have
Correct?

The bank would stamp the bank statements, not the pay slips. The employer would need to provide a letter as per my last post to verify that they are genuine.

You will also need an employer letter to verify the employment containing the following information.

b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
    (ii) the length of their employment;
    (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
    (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

The most recent payslip, payslip letter, most recent bank statement and employer letter must all be dated within 28 days of the online application.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 07:22:00 PM »
ok thank you I think I've got it now the bank will stamp his bank statements and the employer will verify his payslips along with a letter detailing his income and employment with them.
So should we have his employer sign the payslips and staple it together with the letter stating they are genuine and with all the info his also needs to fill in for employment?

Sponsored Links