Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions and Concerns about form VAF4A  (Read 5517 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Questions and Concerns about form VAF4A
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2017, 07:31:48 PM »
ok thank you I think I've got it now the bank will stamp his bank statements and the employer will verify his payslips along with a letter detailing his income and employment with them.
So should we have his employer sign the payslips and staple it together with the letter stating they are genuine and with all the info his also needs to fill in for employment?

You can have the employer sign the payslips but I wouldn't staple anything.
Do put things together in a logical order but better to use paper clips or nothing at all.
Keep your presentation very simple. A pile of original documents and a pile of photocopies (of anything you want returned). Use a rubber band to secure.

It's a good idea to keep a copy of the application for your own records too, you'll find it useful for the next visa application.

• Liked: 94
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 07:52:07 PM »
I'm sorry I just thought of another random question for when we fill out the paperwork I am currently living with my father while were in limbo with this whole thing but I have my mail being forwarded to a P.O. Box which I will have to renew in August. Should I be using my fathers address or should i use my p.o. box? And if I use my fathers address my name is not on the letter box and if I have to sign for it how do I do that if I live in a building would the door man sign it? Or would I have to come down?
If anyone knows that would be great thanks

Larrabee in regards to what you just said as well will they return everythin to us even copies? I'm always nervous when we do this stuff they wont give what we need back cause copies i dont mind if they keep do we have to specify what we want back.
Also I just found neither me or my husband can get our call records since it doesnt work for facetime so we are going to call from now on thru facebook messenger since you can keep that and screenshot it but now were missing evidence from march february and january we have been in contact I have a few fb messages saying that I will call him in a minute and a couple missed calls but thats all. So what can I do about this? Also we do have receipts from when I mailed him everything to the house he's living in now with our names on it they just spelled my name with a C instead of a K would these be ok to use as contact?

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 08:09:23 PM »
I'm sorry I just thought of another random question for when we fill out the paperwork I am currently living with my father while were in limbo with this whole thing but I have my mail being forwarded to a P.O. Box which I will have to renew in August. Should I be using my fathers address or should i use my p.o. box? And if I use my fathers address my name is not on the letter box and if I have to sign for it how do I do that if I live in a building would the door man sign it? Or would I have to come down?
If anyone knows that would be great thanks

Larrabee in regards to what you just said as well will they return everythin to us even copies? I'm always nervous when we do this stuff they wont give what we need back cause copies i dont mind if they keep do we have to specify what we want back.
Also I just found neither me or my husband can get our call records since it doesnt work for facetime so we are going to call from now on thru facebook messenger since you can keep that and screenshot it but now were missing evidence from march february and january we have been in contact I have a few fb messages saying that I will call him in a minute and a couple missed calls but thats all. So what can I do about this? Also we do have receipts from when I mailed him everything to the house he's living in now with our names on it they just spelled my name with a C instead of a K would these be ok to use as contact?

If you are still going to be living with your dad, I would put his address.
With the correct address, there shouldn't be a problem with the package getting to you but you could always have a word with the doorman to explain the situation.

Sometimes they send everything back including the copies but if you send them then you know you will get the originals back. You don't need to specify what you would like back as you will be sending copies but you can mention it in your letter if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Include what you have mentioned for Jan to March, including the receipts. 
Maybe there is a way to get your Facetime history, someone else might know?
Member Lyonaria is good with techy things.

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 08:15:23 PM »
I also have flight stubs or itenerary for january for when i went with em when they moved there and then for february my husband was staying with his family and paid them rent could we use them for proof if they wrote something or we can try n figure somethin else out

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 08:20:29 PM »
I also have flight stubs or itenerary for january for when i went with em when they moved there and then for february my husband was staying with his family and paid them rent could we use them for proof if they wrote something or we can try n figure somethin else out

Great, include the boarding passes. They won't want letters from family but you can mention it yourself.

• Liked: 60
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 05:06:59 PM »
Maybe there is a way to get your Facetime history, someone else might know?

I do not have an iPhone so I have no first-hand experience with Facetime, but a quick Google search implies the only history list is the "Recents" that shows up when you open the Facetime app. I'm not sure if that shows ALL calls or just the most recent for each person.

Example answer I found: https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-find-my-FaceTime-call-history-through-my-Apple-ID

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 10:01:37 PM »
I do not have an iPhone so I have no first-hand experience with Facetime, but a quick Google search implies the only history list is the "Recents" that shows up when you open the Facetime app. I'm not sure if that shows ALL calls or just the most recent for each person.

Example answer I found: https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-find-my-FaceTime-call-history-through-my-Apple-ID

Yea I've tried my provider which doesnt show facetime call logs and we have already taken photos from our may calls though unfortuantely and not unfortunately my husband and I talk a majority of the day which expands a multiple times a day and the recents only go back so far so we are currently trying to gather other information to use as proof of contact I thought I had flight stubs which I cant seem to find but I do have confirmation travel emails for the flights to england in january and april and now june and I was gonna send an undated photo of me my husband and children together and say this was when I visited them and for future contact were using facebook messengers version so that way we can print tht off as proof.
Also I have a question about some other evidence I found for proof I traveled I still have a baggage tag from january with the date and where we were flying too would this work as proof or should I just not worry about that?
Thanks for looking that up though  :)

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2017, 10:47:29 AM »
Hey so I have been doing a lot of organizing for the paperwork I'm currently back in england visiting my husband and daughters one last time before we file so we have been gathering all our information together and tonight we will be writing our letters. I just wanted to quickly run through what we have as far as evidence goes to make sure we have what we need so far my plan is to have pretty much everything besides the 28 day limited items.
So as far as evidence I have it divided by years starting with 2010 first and ending with this year 2017. I was going to paperclip each year together and put a post it note on the first page of every year to say what year it is.
So for the year 2010 I have:
-3 ticket stubs with various dates
-Flight itineraries
-3 ESTA papers
-Refusal Paperwork

For the year 2011:
-2011 Tax return
-A certified copy of marriage
-Marriage License
-Printed wedding photo with a written date and names of who's in the photo
-Approval Paper for husbands US greencard
-His old greencard
-Husbands W-2 with the address we were residing at that matches the tax return

Year 2012:
-2012 tax return
-Husbands W-2 (Matching address's)

Year 2013:
-2013 Tax return
-2 of my husbands W-2's
-My W-2 (we had worked at the same restaurant so our W-2's are from the same employer with our address's listed as the same)
-Paystub's (from when we were employed by the same employer its for the same week)
-Renter's insurance with both names on it
-Approval paper for husbands 2nd greencard

Year 2014:
-2014 Tax return
-W-2's one in my name one in my husband's
-One of husbands paystubs
-Apartment lease (revised version from when we renewed i don't have the original first lease but it has the year 2013 written on it and 2014 should I state this on the post it?)
-Car contract from purchasing the vehicle
-Car insurance paperwork with both names listed
-Memorandum title with our names listed

Year 2015:
-2015 Tax return
-Move in paper and apartment lease (includes signatures and names of all who moved in so me my husband and our daughters names are listed)
-Another apartment lease for earlier in the year
-Husband payslip with address we resided at earlier in the year

Year 2016:
-2016 Tax return
-Updated apartment lease
-2 Savings bank statement with both names and current address
-Updated memorandum title with 2016 issue date from when we moved states
-Idaho license plates receipt (both names are listed with address that matches lease)

Year 2017:
-Flight itinerary for january when we all went to england and my husband and children stayed
-Receipt from mailing moving boxes to my husband with both our names (one thing though for this they spelled my name wrong with a c instead of a k will this be an issue or should it still be okay?)
-My receipts from mailing the boxes with how much I payed and my signature and my husbands name and his current residing address in england which will be where I will move into once I am allowed the visa
-Flight Itenerary from when I visited in april
-Printed photos of facetime call records that go from may-june
-June's flight itinerary (the trip I'm on now)

I am going to get one more photo printed from this trip.
I also have my old passport.

Then additional evidence I have is:
-My husband's P60
-His rental agreement
-Photo copy of husbands passport photo page (does this need to be certified?)
So what we still need are our letters, a list of documents, letter from landlord, payslips which will be signed by his employer since they were printed from online, certified bank statements, letter from employer, and his job contract.
Now I just have a couple of questions if my husband scans and emails me his signed payslips so I can get them sooner and the landlord letter will this be ok or does it have to be the actual paper signed?
Also I am supposed to file this through sheffield right? My mother in law has neighbors who were able to file from within the husbands home country and had it done within 15 days but he's from turkey. I wasn't sure if this was probably just the way his country did it.
Sorry for how long this message is but thank you for taking the time to go through it for me and just let me know if I'm missing something or if everything seems good. Thank you  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »
I would simply include your annual tax returns and take the rest out.  You have waaaaay too much listed.  I'd keep the 2017 items in though (but only communication not receipts).

You need wet signatures for the other documents I'm afraid.  But your list looks good!

Any kids or prior marriages?

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2017, 02:11:13 PM »
And no need to have the passport page certified.

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2017, 02:40:47 PM »
I would simply include your annual tax returns and take the rest out.  You have waaaaay too much listed.  I'd keep the 2017 items in though (but only communication not receipts).

You need wet signatures for the other documents I'm afraid.  But your list looks good!

Any kids or prior marriages?

Ok I'll go through it again shave it down I did the receipts since we dont have any proof of communication for the early months of this year so I included the package information for the boxes I sent my husband cause someone told me mail is good evidence and no prior marriages but we do have two daughters together I was going to include their birth certificates but someone told me not to as its not needed? I could include them or photocopies? And ok so they have to be the actual signed papers so my husband will have to mail me the landlord letter and bank statement and paystubs. I'll just get him to mail them quick that way I can get on with the application. Also I forgot to ask when I schedule a biometrics appointment can I show up sooner in case I can't get an appointment quick?

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2017, 02:43:09 PM »
Sorry one more question I have seen people saying summer can be really busy I was looking at finally being able to mail this off in the first or second week of august would the summer rush be coming to an end then or in the peak? I was just trying to get an idea as to when I may be able to look forward to an answer I will be filing priority

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2017, 02:44:06 PM »
Ok I'll go through it again shave it down I did the receipts since we dont have any proof of communication for the early months of this year so I included the package information for the boxes I sent my husband cause someone told me mail is good evidence and no prior marriages but we do have two daughters together I was going to include their birth certificates but someone told me not to as its not needed? I could include them or photocopies? And ok so they have to be the actual signed papers so my husband will have to mail me the landlord letter and bank statement and paystubs. I'll just get him to mail them quick that way I can get on with the application. Also I forgot to ask when I schedule a biometrics appointment can I show up sooner in case I can't get an appointment quick?

Be sure to have him use FedEx, UPS, or DHL to send the documents.  NOT the post office or parcel force!

I'll leave ksand to answer on what's required for the kids.  I always get confused with the requirements.  I know birth certificates are needed from inside the UK.

Yes, you can try for biometrics earlier.  No harm in trying (but don't drive for hours - just in case they won't do them)!

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2017, 02:46:40 PM »
Sorry one more question I have seen people saying summer can be really busy I was looking at finally being able to mail this off in the first or second week of august would the summer rush be coming to an end then or in the peak? I was just trying to get an idea as to when I may be able to look forward to an answer I will be filing priority

No one has waited longer than 8 weeks with priority so far this summer.  But it used to be about 5 weeks in the summer.   :-\\\\

Last year, we didn't see the summer backlog cleared until October.  August is still very busy.  But Sheffield processes for many more countries this year so it's very hard to predict!

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »
well for my daughters their birth certificates our older daughter has a British registered birth certificate but our younger daughter doesn't she just has her US one we didn't register her birth and get her a birth certificate we just got her a passport and did it that way for when they moved here. And okay well hopefully I can get it mailed off as soon as possible also how are people counting the days just week days right you don't include holidays bank holidays or weekends right?

Sponsored Links