Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Mancester Bees  (Read 636 times)

• Liked: 4
Mancester Bees
« on: June 01, 2017, 12:54:51 AM »
I am so very proud of my adopted city. I moved to Manchester in December 2010. Like all, my wife and were shocked when we heard of the bombing of the Ariana Grande Concert. The reaction of the city has been stunning. The morning after the attack, there was a group of (judging by dress) Muslims, Orthodox Jews, and Caucasian Christians handing out water to people who had had their travel interrupted. Next was the shoulder-to-Shoulder vigil at Albert Square, followed by the massive turnout and deposit of flowers and teddy's in St Ann's Square. Over the holiday weekend, my wife and I joined thousands of others to get Manchester Bees (Symbols of the worker bees and a part of Manchester's coat of arms) tattooed on us (With all funds collected by all tattoo shops that weekend going to the families of the victims). On the Friday, I was on a replacement bus and observed a crowd of approximately 200 muslims carrying cards saying "We love Manchester". They walked all the way from Cheatham Hill to Victoria Station where they held a vigil for the 22 lost. We will be trying tomorrow to get tickets to the benefit concert with Ariana Grande, Katie Perry, Mylie Cyrus, Beiber, Cold Play, Oasis, The Black Eyed Peas and others. It is incredible how this city has pulled together and makes me prouder than ever to declare that I am a 'Yankmanc'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab