Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Trump Considers Surprise Visit to London This Week  (Read 2841 times)

• Liked: 1892
Re: Trump Considers Surprise Visit to London This Week
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2017, 04:34:02 PM »
And about the benefits, while the immigrants were getting settled it was expected they would receive benefits but the overall goal of the program was to increase the number of workers to support all the old retired Germans.  This was not a program about pity, like most immigrants here, they will work and pay taxes. 

• Liked: 1892
Re: Trump Considers Surprise Visit to London This Week
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2017, 02:08:07 PM »
I thought that whole thing was pretty bad reporting. He didn't call out the don't be alarmed msg. That's out of context. He sent a couple prior msgs about the mayors prior statement that no refugee is a threat, then refugees will become a threat if not treated well, THEN don't be alarmed.

You may disagree with that msg, and certainly it wasn't the time for it, but in context it was a very different & more coherent msg than a Trump was being criticized for. That's the problem with twitter. It's hard to put a bunch of short statements in order, know what's connected or not with what other tweets, or discern all the things left out cause there just isn't space and the writer assumes the reader will understand what they mean. It's not a good medium for a president to be trying to have serious conversations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Texas2Uk, we are still waiting for these tweets!  I spent some time today looking through the mayor of London twitter feed and didn't see anything like what you are saying. 

Remember, you were going to show us how the "Don't be alarmed " text from Trump was taken out of context and actually wasn't a horrible, classless attack that it seemed to be. 

The way you argued it was so eloquent that I almost believed it.  I'd hate to get all the way to the bottom of the argument to find that Mayor Khan never said anything like that and it's all alternative facts.

Sponsored Links