Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HMRC change of address questions  (Read 414 times)

• Liked: 116
HMRC change of address questions
« on: June 06, 2017, 04:17:03 PM »
Hello! 

Here's the background: I lived at address A while I was a student in 2013.  Since I had a part time job (but no pension contributions) back then, I got my National Insurance # and I have read here that you use the same one.  I left the country in 2015 when my visa expired and then moved back early 2017 to the same address after marrying my husband, who stayed in the same address while I was living in the US.  A few weeks after I moved back, I got a check from HMRC in the post refunding several hundred pounds of income tax that I had paid (but since I didn't work enough I didn't end up making enough in that tax year to actually pay any income tax).  We're pretty sure that the visa process required a UK check to make sure I didn't owe any back taxes or anything and during that time HMRC found that they actually owed me money so sent the check on.

Anyway, that brings us to now.  We have recently moved to a different flat in the same city, and I have just signed the paperwork for a new job.  At the new job I filled out all of my pension paperwork, and the stuff that's in lieu of having a P60 from my last job, etc. and put my new address as my contact information.

My husband was able to create an account and log in to HMRC and change his address after moving.  I just went to do the same but it says it cannot verify my identity after the address part of the verification.  It doesn't work with either the old address or the new one.  I'm guessing since I haven't had a paycheck yet (and won't til the end of July) that my new address won't be in the system until then.  Is it possible that they wiped my old one from the system?  Will this sort itself out now that my job has my correct address on all of my pension paperwork?
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab