Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New from Oregon  (Read 614 times)

• Liked: 3
New from Oregon
« on: June 10, 2017, 01:02:58 AM »
Hi all.

31 year old female from Oregon here. I don't currently like in the U.K., but I am hoping to make that dream come true within the next 5 years. I have always been in love with the U.K. I live the history, the architecture, everything. My Nanny and 2 of my Aunts were born in England, an live in Peterborough. I hope to learn more here before the big send off.

• Liked: 6110
Re: New from Oregon
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 07:50:23 AM »
Hi all.

31 year old female from Oregon here. I don't currently like in the U.K., but I am hoping to make that dream come true within the next 5 years. I have always been in love with the U.K. I live the history, the architecture, everything. My Nanny and 2 of my Aunts were born in England, an live in Peterborough. I hope to learn more here before the big send off.

Hi SilverGrove!  :)  Welcome to the forum!

Have you given any thought to which visa you would be able to move on?

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 08:51:20 AM »
There are a few visas that we are considering. There are a few things we need to see how they pan out, and a few things we will need to look into with his schooling and what not. Luckily we have help on this end, and a few years yet before we are going to make the big move. But we are ever eager to go, just want to make sure we get things done right.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 09:40:59 AM »
There are a few visas that we are considering. There are a few things we need to see how they pan out, and a few things we will need to look into with his schooling and what not. Luckily we have help on this end, and a few years yet before we are going to make the big move. But we are ever eager to go, just want to make sure we get things done right.

Sounds like you have a son who would be coming with you? There are a few useful discussions about schooling in this area of the forum.  http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?board=8.0

Most of the folks here are in the UK on one of the partner visas, the other options would usually be a work or a student visa.
The problems with those are that the student visa does not lead to settlement and the tier 2 visa is not an easy one to qualify for.
It can be done though, so just ask if you have any more specific questions.  :)

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 09:52:03 AM »
I apologize for being vague. My fiancé is currently doing some schooling. No kids here

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 09:57:50 AM »
I apologize for being vague. My fiancé is currently doing some schooling. No kids here

Oh, I see, no problem!  :)  Sorry for misinterpreting your post!  :)

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 10:04:45 AM »
I you mention family members born in the UK. Presumably neither of your parents or your fiances parents were born there?
Any Irish grandparents?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:12:01 AM by larrabee »

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 10:57:48 AM »
My grandmother was born in England, and my great grandfather was born in Ireland. I have a few aunts that were born in England as well. My mother was born in Washington DC though (her father was an American in the military, which branch I forget). My fathers side is all over here in Oregon, and same with his family. He has a few cousins in Tennessee, but that's obviously not the U.K. 😆

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 11:11:03 AM »
My grandmother was born in England, and my great grandfather was born in Ireland. I have a few aunts that were born in England as well. My mother was born in Washington DC though (her father was an American in the military, which branch I forget). My fathers side is all over here in Oregon, and same with his family. He has a few cousins in Tennessee, but that's obviously not the U.K. 😆

Yeah, that's a shame, they are both one generation away from being useful to you from a citizenship perspective.

• Liked: 60
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 07:51:44 PM »
Hi SilverGrove, welcome to the forums! You've come to the right place - the people here are super helpful!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab