Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) - few questions about in person appointment  (Read 1114 times)

• Liked: 4
FLR(M) - few questions about in person appointment
« on: June 11, 2017, 12:58:33 PM »
Hey guys,

My wife has her in person appointment in a couple of weeks. Thankfully we've collated all of the relevant documentation with relative ease (category A | spread evenly over last 2 years!!).

I've a few questions which I'm sure you'll be able to answer:

- Should I include my work contract if I'm already including my employment confirmation letter, payslips + bankstatements?
- The form has confusing wording with regards to photocopies...should we hand in just the originals documents OR include photocopies too?
- Should the sponsor hand in their actual passport or provide a photocopy of ALL  passport pages?
- Does all documentation get returned afterwards?
- How long does it usually take in person?
- Can I go inside and wait with my wife?

Cheers,
cornetoo

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 01:01:42 PM by cornetoo »

• Liked: 768
Re: FLR(M) - few questions about in person appointment
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 01:02:32 PM »
I just had my premium appointment last week.

You don't need to provide copies but it suggests it will speed up your appointment if you do.

Yes, you can attend the appointment with her and wait with her.

You will provide your physical passport since you will be with her.

It only took an hour and a half for me to have a decision but that time can vary widely.

Yes, all your documents will be returned to you at the end of the appointment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 01:03:57 PM »
Additionally, my husband didn't have his work contract and it wasn't an issue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 01:11:53 PM »
You *should be attending with your wife. It's unusual for the partner not to be there and if they're not, they should provide a letter explaining why.

Take your contract and your original passport, as nctami mentioned, you'll be there anyway. You'll get your decision on the day and will be given back your documents, unless there are any complicated circumstances such as overstays or criminal convictions in which case you are not recommended to apply in person in the first place.

It's up to you if you do copies, but I would, it seems to put the staff in a good mood if you do!  :)

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 01:35:45 PM »
Awesome, thanks both!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 01:41:54 PM »
Good Luck!  ;D

• Liked: 56
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 08:58:25 AM »
About the copies - what is the best way to organize the application? Is it best to keep the copies with the originals, or to have them all separate with maybe a cover page/list? I would think it would be easier for the staff to have them separated.

Also - and this is really silly. What is an acceptable dress code for this? I feel like I'm going to be going to court to be put on trial for my appointment and feel like I should wear total dress clothes. :-(

Sorry to add to your thread cornetoo. I didn't want to start a new one for these silly questions. Good luck with your appointment!
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 73
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 10:29:11 AM »
We placed our copies behind the originals so in two piles. We did insert sheets just heading each category, such as ACCOMMODATION, FINANCIAL, CORRESPONDENCE. Don't use any paper clips or staples. They just want your papers loose as they put them in their own clear folder when you hand them over. We had to take off all our paper clips! Except for a big one to keep the application itself together. No special dress code at all. My husband wore a suit with a sweater underneath, so no tie, but there was absolutely no need as most people were dressed very casually.

All the best!
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 11:08:28 AM »
Wear pajamas if you want!   ;D  it's not an interview.  Literally the difference between in person and applying by post is that you hand your documents to the case worker instead of mailing them.

• Liked: 134
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 03:55:45 PM »
I had each section of documents in their own sleeves and they had me take everything out of the sleeves and dropped into the folder. The only exception was the copies which I was told to leave in the sleeve.

At which center are you applying? We were in Croydon and it took about 4 hours. As for dress code, we both wore jeans and sweaters. It really doesn't matter in the slightest.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 56
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 04:44:21 PM »
We are going to Sheffield.
I was thinking of bringing two folders....one with the application and all our supplemental materials and one with the copies and a list of what is what for the copies.
We just need to photocopy the supporting docs, right? Should there be a photocopy of the application itself? Also, I'm assuming even though we prepaid for the appointment that we should leave in the payment pages in, just blank with our receipts on top?
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 73
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 04:56:08 PM »
If the folders help you keep things organized then fair enough but you will have to take out the papers before handing them in. Yes, leave in all pages of the application even though the payment page will be blank. In fact, any blank pages should be left in. You don't need a copy of the application itself but you should keep one for yourself. Did not forget the email you have received or will receive a few days before your appointment confirming the appointment etc as security will ask to see that.
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 223
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 06:23:50 PM »
I'll defend the suggestion to keep a copy of the app foe yourself. Keep it somewhere safe and it will help you next time FLR or ILR comes around. I kept a little cheat sheet with the basics - date we met, where we met, when we started dating, etc. I can't remember what it asked but they were silly things that didn't roll off our tongue. Having it written down made the application that much easier to fill out.

We had two in-person appointments and didn't make copies for either. We went with the theory that if we made copies, they'd have to be sure the copies were actual copies and not fudged. It saved us time at home, ink and paper, but did take a bit longer at the appointment. That was a few years ago, so they might think differently of copies now since there are more supporting docs. Others who have replied already have gone through the process more recently than me.

I would keep a list for yourself of originals you definitely want to get back. We sat in the cafe after getting our approval and sorted through the docs to be sure we'd been given everything important back.

We wore casual smart clothes. It's not an interview, just an application. Nothing to stress about dress-wise, but wearing nice clothes did make us feel a bit more comfortable in the situation.

Good luck!
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 82
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 11:15:46 PM »
I will 100% voucher for making copies. I work in housing, and people have to bring documents all the time. Tenants sign a document saying if they do not being in copies along with originals, and we make the copy for the file, we are not responsible for damage. I cannot tell you how many death, marriage and birth certificates, along with other documents, I have had to pull out of the copier in pieces.......not that I have scanned/copied, but those my colleagues have asked for help saving. Don't trust these machines

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab