Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK NARIC Questions  (Read 692 times)

• Liked: 3
UK NARIC Questions
« on: June 12, 2017, 11:08:41 AM »
I've been going over the UK NARIC website and would like to know the difference between the Career Path and Statement of Comparability.  Is there a difference?  Which one should I pick or is there a need to get both?

Thanks in Advance

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 5
Re: UK NARIC Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 09:07:57 PM »
I have gone through the NARIC process for a statement of compatibility. I have a BA degree from a US institition. I believe the career path is if you have lots of experience in a certain field but not a specific educational qualification.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 09:23:19 PM »
I have gone through the NARIC process for a statement of compatibility. I have a BA degree from a US institition. I believe the career path is if you have lots of experience in a certain field but not a specific educational qualification.
Okay, thanks

Did it allow you to pick a job easier?

• Hi there.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »
Not at all. I haven't been able to find a professional job since I arrived in April 2016. I have been working part time as a nanny since October 2016 as it was all I could find. I have worked in residential places with children and adults, but haven't been able to get anything in a social work/psychology field. I'm currently looking at studying for a MSW as I am desperate for a job.

• Hi there.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 07:46:27 PM »
I have a BA in psychology.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 08:29:29 PM »
Not at all. I haven't been able to find a professional job since I arrived in April 2016. I have been working part time as a nanny since October 2016 as it was all I could find. I have worked in residential places with children and adults, but haven't been able to get anything in a social work/psychology field. I'm currently looking at studying for a MSW as I am desperate for a job.
I know that song well, got the lyrics and the instrumental.  I'm in the same boat and I'm wishing you the very best on your search. 

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 10:59:57 PM »
If you have a degree, don't bother with NARIC. They are heavily prejudiced against any educational system that is different from the UK one. Just say you have a degree, that will tick the box on the employment form and you shouldn't need anything more.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 11:13:38 PM »
I've never done NARIC, not needed it.  Nor have I requested it or used it for anyone I've hired.

• Hi there.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 04:27:16 PM »
I haven needsdnit for applying for jobs and for applying for postgraduate study. I think it's a complete waste of money but it's still been required

• Liked: 56
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 08:55:32 PM »
I'm a bit confused. Is it necessary to convertyour degree for a certification? I got my job without doing it but our health and safety qualification scheme is changing. To get a CSCS card as an archaeologist, we must be able to prove our degree or go through the national governing body of archaeologists. I think its about £80 for the membership so I'm hoping the answer is no.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 12:16:58 AM »
I'm a bit confused. Is it necessary to convertyour degree for a certification? I got my job without doing it but our health and safety qualification scheme is changing. To get a CSCS card as an archaeologist, we must be able to prove our degree or go through the national governing body of archaeologists. I think its about £80 for the membership so I'm hoping the answer is no.

It might depend on the official certifying body, but in my experience showing your degree certificate is sufficient.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab