Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Latest Shows You've Started?  (Read 45933 times)

• Liked: 1260
Latest Shows You've Started?
« on: June 16, 2017, 10:56:27 AM »
What shows do you have on the go at the moment? Any new shows you've started?

On Netflix, I've started Designated Survivor (only one episode in - but the first scene before the credits was excellent in my opinion), 3 or 4 episodes (can't remember) in to the new season of Orange Is The New Black, and I do watch RuPaul's Dragrace when it comes out every Friday LOL. That last one is not one that the husband and I watch together, much to his obvious disappointment lol. We're an episode in to the new "Better Call Saul" season but it's difficult to get in the mood to watch it as of late because each episode is SO long. We just finished the new season of Kimmy Schmidt and will start watching the new season of Orphan Black once we finish OITNB.

I've been watching the Handmaid's Tale on Channel 4 by myself when my husband is visiting his mum. There's only 3 episodes out as of last night so that's as far in as I've gotten. It is SOO incredibly captivating. I cannot wait to watch episode 4!

We've started the latest season of Mr. Robot on Amazon Prime (but also not finished that yet because those episodes are long and involved). We started Mad Dogs with my MIL when we went to visit her last week and that was really good as well (so many good actors in that!). Looking forward to eventually watching the new Twin Peaks and American Gods but we tend to do most of our TV watching over dinner or just before bed on a weekend (but we watch the lighter stuff at bedtime in case we doze off) and there's just not enough time.

Anybody else in over their head with TV shows!? hah They need to make a "GoodReads" type site for TV shows so I can keep track of them all!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 57
Re: Latest Shows You've Started?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:05:24 PM »
Anybody else in over their head with TV shows!? hah They need to make a "GoodReads" type site for TV shows so I can keep track of them all!

They do, it's called Netflix!  ;)

We are 2 eps into the new OITNB. They seem to have forgotten the comedy and only are remembering the "dark" this season! I stopped Orphan Black when it got too conspiracy theorist for me, but I should finish.

I binge watched Green Wing on All 4 (only 18 eps) when I was home after my toe surgery. That's a good one to watch on your own as your DH may have seen it already...it's about 10 years old now. And I've been rewatching IT Crowd on All 4, as well. I also just watched all of the old Whose Line is it Anyway series off All 4.

We're making our way slowly through the West Wing as my DH had never seen it, so I got him the DVDs for Christmas.

I'm tempted to buy season 10 of BBT on Amazon, because I don't want to wait for it to come out on Netflix but I also don't want to spend £25!
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 03:22:07 PM »
They do, it's called Netflix!  ;)

But that's not going to help me when I want to cross refence MULTIPLE platforms!! LOL I need to know what shows are on my list and where to find them (I think I have a new million pound idea! hahaha)

We are 2 eps into the new OITNB. They seem to have forgotten the comedy and only are remembering the "dark" this season!

I do agree that it's less humour now and more making some serious statements. It's getting pretty deep...There are definitely some things that I have laughed about in the new season (some of it is more dark humour), but it's definitely getting much more emotional. I don't think it was ever meant to be a comedy but I think we're seeing more and more of the humour being removed (but I've not read the book so I'm not sure at what season the book ends and the writers take over completely?)

I stopped Orphan Black when it got too conspiracy theorist for me, but I should finish.

Totally appreciate where you're coming from with this! I did think it started to get a bit ridiculous but I think I just felt like I needed to see a conclusion so kept watching. Will see if this new season is good or totally crap as it could totally go either way.

I've seen Green Wing pop up on Netflix (and might have even watched an episode ages ago, I can't remember! lol). I'm not sure if husband has seen it before but I will definitely keep it in mind for when I'm looking for something new to watch without him :)   I tend to watch all the murder documentaries then because he just finds most of them boring hahah (I've been watching Killer Kids in bed at night because he's asleep anyways so can't complain lol).

I could definitely rerun IT Crowd until the cows come home (same with That Mitchell and Webb Look...that use to be my go-to at night as I have the TV to help me fall asleep and I must have seen every episodes 100 times over by now!) but I try to avoid rerunning something outside bedtime because I know I'm never going to make it through my list of "must watch programmes" as it is and definitely won't if I start rerunning shows!

What's BBT??

OH I just realised I never finished the Series of Unfortunate Events show on Netflix!! It was soo good too, just long episodes!
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 06:10:52 PM »
I'm watching The Handmaid's Tale as well. It was such an interesting book I knew I needed to see the show. I was over house thatvghey started showing it on channel 4 since I don't have Hulu. You can watch it there and they're quite a few episodes ahead. Hubby won't watch this one with me either. He's just not interested.

I'm also watching American Gods on Amazon Prime. It's also based on a book and they're doing some interesting things with it. My husband's watching this one with me! He said he liked watching the crazy. The 1st season obl y has 2 more episodes. They premier on Mondays.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 584
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 06:16:21 PM »
Just finished Last Tango in Halifax, and am now watching the newest series of Orange Is The New Black...it's awful, though!  I'm really disappointed with it, but have to finish it.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 06:24:00 PM »
I'm watching The Handmaid's Tale as well. It was such an interesting book I knew I needed to see the show. I was over house thatvghey started showing it on channel 4 since I don't have Hulu. You can watch it there and they're quite a few episodes ahead. Hubby won't watch this one with me either. He's just not interested.

I'm also watching American Gods on Amazon Prime. It's also based on a book and they're doing some interesting things with it. My husband's watching this one with me! He said he liked watching the crazy. The 1st season obl y has 2 more episodes. They premier on Mondays.

I knew they were both based on books but I've not read them myself (they are in my queue on Goodreads though). My husband will definitely watch American Gods but I reckon he'd like handmaid's tale too if he gave it a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 06:25:04 PM »
Just finished Last Tango in Halifax, and am now watching the newest series of Orange Is The New Black...it's awful, though!  I'm really disappointed with it, but have to finish it.

Oh really?? What about it aren't you enjoying (if anything in particular)?

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 584
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 06:38:54 PM »

We are 2 eps into the new OITNB. They seem to have forgotten the comedy and only are remembering the "dark" this season!

I'm finding it the opposite... too much so-called comedy, and not really angst-y enough for me.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:45:41 PM by Albatross »

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 09:55:16 PM »
I think I'm still finding it a nice mix. But I can appreciate why people may not like it

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 59
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 10:47:52 PM »
I'm not watching much scripted TV thanks to it being baseball season (Go Tribe!). Ask me again in October  ;)

I started watching Hand of God on Amazon Prime because I always forget we have it. The husband claims he doesn't want to watch it but then any time I put it on he comes out to the couch.... I.... kinda like it? It's a great premise but something about the acting or writing rubs me the wrong way. Not really sure why.

We felt like watching some anime a few days ago and started on Death Note, too. Not totally sold on it yet but I'll give it a few more episodes.

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 09:52:39 AM »
Death note is a classic but not one of the best by any means ( it that's just my opinion as it comes down to the type of anime you like)

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 957
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 01:02:31 AM »
What shows do you have on the go at the moment? Any new shows you've started?

On Netflix, I've started Designated Survivor (only one episode in - but the first scene before the credits was excellent in my opinion), 3 or 4 episodes (can't remember) in to the new season of Orange Is The New Black, and I do watch RuPaul's Dragrace when it comes out every Friday LOL. That last one is not one that the husband and I watch together, much to his obvious disappointment lol. We're an episode in to the new "Better Call Saul" season but it's difficult to get in the mood to watch it as of late because each episode is SO long. We just finished the new season of Kimmy Schmidt and will start watching the new season of Orphan Black once we finish OITNB.

Your watch list is quite similar to mine! I loved Designated Survivor when it aired over here. :)

Thought Dear White People on Netflix was really good. I love Mozart in the Jungle on netflix but I'm not sure when the next season will be, I binge watched it when I got my firestick. I love VEEP too, but haven't seen the most recent season on HBO yet. And .. guilty pleasure but I really enjoy Call the Midwife.

My husband loves trivia shows, 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, pointless, Jeff Gorman's show and similar. We usually do plenty of catching up on all the english shows I missed when I visit. I'm curious what life will be like when there's no binge watching and it's just another evening!

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 07:04:54 PM »
Your watch list is quite similar to mine! I loved Designated Survivor when it aired over here. :)

Thought Dear White People on Netflix was really good. I love Mozart in the Jungle on netflix but I'm not sure when the next season will be, I binge watched it when I got my firestick. I love VEEP too, but haven't seen the most recent season on HBO yet. And .. guilty pleasure but I really enjoy Call the Midwife.

My husband loves trivia shows, 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, pointless, Jeff Gorman's show and similar. We usually do plenty of catching up on all the english shows I missed when I visit. I'm curious what life will be like when there's no binge watching and it's just another evening!

I did enjoy "Dear White People" too! Haha forgot I finished that one. Jeff Gorman is excellent as well and who doesn't enjoy 8 out of 10 cats doing anything?! There's new Taskmaster on as well I heard so will need to watch that too at some point!

My sister keeps telling me to watch Mozart in the Jungle but I've just not had time yet!

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 134
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 10:42:24 PM »
Memorial Day in the US prompted me to have another Band of Brothers binge.  I am following that with The Pacific which I have not seen before.  It's not quite as good which is disappointing.

I started Fear the Walking Dead on AmazonPrime because I am a huge fan of the Walking Dead.  It's not bad.  I have also been re-watching Outlander.

I have ordered the 12th season of Bones and my parents are delivering it in couple weeks when they come over.  I can't wait to watch it but I will be so sad because it's the last season.

Husband and I have been enjoying the latest season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Vikings, and Black Sails.  Lots of laughs at It's Always Sunny.  They really are horrible people and I love it.

I have held out on the Handmaid's Tail, American Gods, and 13 Reasons Why because I am way down the list for the books.  One day they'll come in...

I'm not watching much scripted TV thanks to it being baseball season (Go Tribe!). Ask me again in October  ;)

Forgot to add my cheer for the Tribe!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:45:30 PM by Beatlemania »
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 10:51:10 PM »
Memorial Day in the US prompted me to have another Band of Brothers binge.  I am following that with The Pacific which I have not seen before.  It's not quite as good which is disappointing.

I started Fear the Walking Dead on AmazonPrime because I am a huge fan of the Walking Dead.  It's not bad.  I have also been re-watching Outlander.

I have ordered the 12th season of Bones and my parents are delivering it in couple weeks when they come over.  I can't wait to watch it but I will be so sad because it's the last season.

Husband and I have been enjoying the latest season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Vikings, and Black Sails.  Lots of laughs at It's Always Sunny.  They really are horrible people and I love it.

I have held out on the Handmaid's Tail, American Gods, and 13 Reasons Why because I am way down the list for the books.  One day they'll come in...

Forgot to add my cheer for the Tribe!

How could I forget Always Sunny?!? Husband and I literally love it! We finished the last season on Netflix already though :( we started both black sails and vikings but only watched one episode of each because it got lost in our pile of shows!

We watched maybe 2 or 3 episodes or something of the first season of Fear the Walking Dead because we love TWD but I thought it was terrible. The junky son (think he was a junky and not just crazy but I can't remember) was really the only good actor and character, I felt. I wasn't a fan of the rest and we got bored with it.

My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links