Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marrying on an E-2  (Read 223 times)

• Liked: 3
Marrying on an E-2
« on: June 18, 2017, 08:13:02 PM »
Hey again guys! More advice required...

Mississippi-Yorkshire couple here.

We met while he worked in the US south for 3 years. He returned home at christmas.

I visited him and his family (and the UK for the first time for 2 weeks) during christmas and returned to the US.

I returned to the UK in March and have a 6 month visitor stamp at the gate.

We are now sure we want to marry and have done some research...

Current plan is for me to return home to the US at the end of my UK Visitor Visa (September) and for him to enter the US on a month long work trip (he has an E-2 Visa) and for us to get married during the trip.

I would then apply for a UK Spouse visa and move over permanently following the required steps.

Our main worry and uncertainty is that at some point in the future we may decide to move to the US. Would having married while he was in the US on an E-2 Visa compromise his application and legitimacy to move with me to the US as my husband? Even if it is say in 10 years time?

Thanks in advance guys :)

PS - UK weather isnt as bad as y'all make out! This weekend has been way better than in Mississippi  ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:15:20 PM by woo »

• Liked: 3589
Re: Marrying on an E-2
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 08:28:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

Our main worry and uncertainty is that at some point in the future we may decide to move to the US. Would having married while he was in the US on an E-2 Visa compromise his application and legitimacy to move with me to the US as my husband? Even if it is say in 10 years time?

I don't see why it would be an issue. As long as the marriage is legal, it shouldn't have any affect on a future US spousal visa.

UK citizens can marry in the US as a visitor, on the Visa Waiver Program, as long as they don't plan to remain in the US afterwards and will return to the UK, so since he has a valid E-2 visa to live and work in the US anyway, I don't see how it could affect anything at all.

In fact, if you weren't going to move to the UK and he was going to stay in the US indefinitely, he could apply to adjust status from his E-2 visa to a US spousal visa/green card from inside the US.

PS - UK weather isnt as bad as y'all make out! This weekend has been way better than in Mississippi  ;D

It's been lovely this weekend... however, enjoy it while it lasts... we only get a few days like this per year :P.

The last few years, we've had increasing amounts of warm/hot weather in April-June and then typically July and August have been cooler and unsettled (cloudy, wet and highs of only about 15-18 degrees Celsius).

• Liked: 116
Re: Marrying on an E-2
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:00:05 PM »
The last few years, we've had increasing amounts of warm/hot weather in April-June and then typically July and August have been cooler and unsettled (cloudy, wet and highs of only about 15-18 degrees Celsius).

Although it always seems to manage a sunny and warm day when we go to the CAMRA festival here in July....so hopefully that trend continues  ;D
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab