Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: From Oregon to Colchester UK  (Read 789 times)

• Liked: 3
From Oregon to Colchester UK
« on: June 19, 2017, 05:51:03 AM »
We'll be heading to Colchester, Essex in two months.  My daughter will be attending Colchester Sixth Form College and my niece will be attending Colchester Institute.  I'd love to find out if there's anyone from Colchester or nearby.  Also love to find out if there are any Oregonians on the forum.

Re: From Oregon to Colchester UK
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 08:54:02 AM »
We'll be heading to Colchester, Essex in two months.  My daughter will be attending Colchester Sixth Form College and my niece will be attending Colchester Institute.  I'd love to find out if there's anyone from Colchester or nearby.  Also love to find out if there are any Oregonians on the forum.

Welcome! I am from Oregon myself. I wont be able to make my move to England for another few years. You are super lucky! Where abouts in Oregon are you at? I'm over on the coast myself.

~Silver

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »
Welcome! I am from Oregon myself. I wont be able to make my move to England for another few years. You are super lucky! Where abouts in Oregon are you at? I'm over on the coast myself.

~Silver

I live in Central Oregon -- pretty much 1/2 way between Redmond and Bend, out on some farmlands.  We'll be renting out our place while we're over there, as we do love where we live and we love Oregon...but who knows!  We may fall in love with Colchester and end up staying for a much longer time.  We'll see how it all turns out.

• Liked: 18
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 05:01:50 PM »
I'm right between you, in Eugene. I'm a native Glaswegian and we're giving very serious thought to moving back there in the next year or two. In fact we're spending five weeks in Glasgow starting Thursday on a combined holiday/scouting trip.

• Liked: 134
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »
Not from Oregon but I do currently live in Essex.  We are down south a bit outside of Rayleigh.  I need to visit Colchester proper one of these days but, so far, have only made it as far as the zoo (can recommend).  Good luck with your move!  I hope that you settle in quickly.  There is some lovely countryside up that way, lots of little villages as well as Constable Country along the border with Suffolk.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 424
From Oregon to Colchester UK
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 07:15:01 PM »
Moved here from Denver, but spent many years in Roseburg, now a proud resident of Inverness Scotland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 09:11:17 PM »
I live in Central Oregon -- pretty much 1/2 way between Redmond and Bend, out on some farmlands.  We'll be renting out our place while we're over there, as we do love where we live and we love Oregon...but who knows!  We may fall in love with Colchester and end up staying for a much longer time.  We'll see how it all turns out.

I lived in Redmond for about 14 years, my two older sisters still live out there. I plan on moving back there here in about 6-8 months for the rest of the time while still here in the states.

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 09:34:22 PM »
I lived in Redmond for about 14 years, my two older sisters still live out there. I plan on moving back there here in about 6-8 months for the rest of the time while still here in the states.

I live about 6 miles south of Redmond; very close to the infamous Peterson Rock Garden.  We bought acreage back in 1993.  It's changed significantly.  Bend is just booming and Redmond is growing too.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 11:19:07 PM »
I live about 6 miles south of Redmond; very close to the infamous Peterson Rock Garden.  We bought acreage back in 1993.  It's changed significantly.  Bend is just booming and Redmond is growing too.

Oh well I pretty much know where exactly where you are at.

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 06:25:13 AM »
Oregonian here.  Originally from Boring, now I'm in Gresham (near portland).  Looking to move to Southampton.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 07:55:52 PM »
Native Oregonian here.  Born in Portland, lived in Eugene last 10 years - love it.  Married to a Brit. Expect to be visiting there regularly.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab