Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Signed application for settlement, just realized mistake made  (Read 342 times)

• Liked: 12
Hello there,

I am the UK citizen living in the USA with my US citizen wife, and we just signed her application on Sunday, so no editing of the application anymore.

We just realized that in answer to the question 'Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years?' we answered NO. That was the correct answer at the time of signing, but we are going to the Bahamas for 3 nights on Friday, which means YES, she will have travelled outside of the USA, just AFTER the time of signing.

Does anyone have any advice as to how we should proceed? We have been planning on mailing off the application next Tuesday, after her biometrics appointment.

Thanks! While this is my first post on this forum, it has been an excellent guide in preparing the visa, and for that you all already have my thanks.

• Liked: 3595
Re: Signed application for settlement, just realized mistake made
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 07:22:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

It should be fine, because your official application date is the date you submit the online application and pay for the visa... and on that date, you had not travelled and therefore were telling the truth.

However, if you like, you can correct the question in pen on your printed application form and/or mention it in a cover letter.

The online form does not go anywhere, so the only version that will be seen by Sheffield is the one you print and mail to them... so you can make corrections to any questions you need to in pen on the printed form.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 07:27:28 PM »
Perfect, thank you. I was swallowing my panic and trying to say to myself that that was the logical process, but I definitely needed the mental reassurance of someone else telling me that too!  :D

• Liked: 223
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 07:39:59 PM »
Perfect, thank you. I was swallowing my panic and trying to say to myself that that was the logical process, but I definitely needed the mental reassurance of someone else telling me that too!  :D

Logical reasoning goes out the window when you're in the middle of a visa application. It's easy to question everything - we've all been there. No harm in double checking here!
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »
Hi agaweda! Welcome!  :)

Were you planning to use priority processing? Wait times are longer than usual at this time of year so unless you are in no hurry to move, it may be money well spent.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 07:52:56 PM »
Logical reasoning goes out the window when you're in the middle of a visa application. It's easy to question everything - we've all been there. No harm in double checking here!

You're so right. I work in IT and pride myself on my calm, analytical thinking. This visa business has my nerves shot to pieces and my thought process like a maze!

Hi agaweda! Welcome!  :)

Were you planning to use priority processing? Wait times are longer than usual at this time of year so unless you are in no hurry to move, it may be money well spent.

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, we are absolutely going to be using the priority service. I fly off to start my new job on July 7th, so I couldn't bear to be away from the wife and kids for non-priority waiting times! I wouldn't have even known about that service if it wasn't for this forum - the home office websites are hopeless!

Sponsored Links