Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M)- How early should I re-apply?  (Read 2226 times)

• Liked: 19
FLR(M)- How early should I re-apply?
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:27:39 PM »
Hi all,

I know it's a bit early to ask, but I'd rather be very prepared. If my spousal visa expires on March 9, 2018, how early do you suggest I re-apply? I've decided to apply in-person (as I hated putting my passport in the mail with my original spousal visa app from the US), and I realize it depends on available appointments. I don't want to book it too early and risk overlapping my initial visa time too much, but not too late either should something happen and it take more time and my visa expires. I see you can book your appointment up to 45 days in advance. so two questions:

1.How much time should I give myself to fill out the application you get when you book your in-person appointment?
2.How early should I book my appointment prior to my visa expiring?

Thanks guys!

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR(M)- How early should I re-apply?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 09:34:25 PM »
If my spousal visa expires on March 9, 2018, how early do you suggest I re-apply?

What date did you enter the UK on your spousal visa?

The date you can apply for FLR(M) will depend on the date you first arrived in the UK.

The earliest you can apply is 28 days before you reach 30 months (2.5 years) in the UK. The latest you can apply is the expiry date of your visa.

1.How much time should I give myself to fill out the application you get when you book your in-person appointment?

You don't get an application when you book your appointment - the application form and guidance notes are here, which you can print and fill out:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-form-flrm

I would start preparing for your application now - i.e. make sure you will have 2 years' worth of mail in both your names and can meet the financial requirements - but you don't really need to start filling out the application form until a few weeks before your appointment date.

2.How early should I book my appointment prior to my visa expiring?

The appointment can be attended at any time between 28 days before you reach 30 months in the UK and the expiry date of your visa... whatever is the most convenient time for you to apply.

• Liked: 19
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 10:19:36 PM »
I entered the UK on June 26th 2015, so 2.5 years would make it December 26th 2017, so essentially, the earliest I could apply is November 28th?

Ah gotcha, have that application printed to get info down so thats good to know. For the mail, is it 6 pieces of mail with both of our names on it and 6 pieces each if only one name is on it?

That's so helpful about the dates you're eligible to reapply, thank you so much. Any other helpful hints or info you don't think is blatantly obvious would be so appreciated. Thank you so much.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 10:53:46 PM »
Yes, you can apply from November 28th onwards :).

It's fine to print the application now, but before you attend the appointment you'll want to check that they haven't updated the form to a new version as they will only accept the latest version (current one is April 2017, but they could issue another one between now and when you apply).

The mail required is all explained in detail on the application form, but essentially it's:
- 6 documents in EACH name
- spread evenly over the length of the spousal visa
- from at least 3 different sources

So you could have 6 jointly addressed documents, 12 separately addressed (6 each) or a combination of both (I.e 4 joint and 4 separate so each name is on 6).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links