Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: May processing times up now on gov website  (Read 627 times)

• Liked: 449
May processing times up now on gov website
« on: June 21, 2017, 03:16:53 PM »
Just checked and see they've have now updated processing  times on gov website from Feb to May. It is so misleading to applicants making difficult time-sensitive decisions, on jobs, homes, family, insurance, storage, shipping etc etc. It does not specify business days and it would be completely reasonable to read from the figures given that priority settlement visas would be processed in under a month. Does anyone have any statistical estimate from figures on this forum about percentage currently  applying priority?
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 53
Re: May processing times up now on gov website
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 03:30:48 PM »
Heartbreaking information for both priority and non priority.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
It's about bloody time they updated them!

It does not specify business days and it would be completely reasonable to read from the figures given that priority settlement visas would be processed in under a month.

It does specify that it is in working days:

UK Visas & Immigration is committed to offering the best possible service and to processing your application as quickly as possible. The tool gives processing time in working days, excluding weekends and public holidays.

So that means that 67% of applications were processed in 6 weeks and 99% were processed in 12 weeks... which meets their processing standards time of 95% in 12 weeks.

Does anyone have any statistical estimate from figures on this forum about percentage currently  applying priority?

I would estimate from previous months over the years that the majority of the 67% in 30 working days is priority applications. Then the next 32% in 60 working days are going to be mainly the non-priority applications.

Remember all those last-minute 15-working-day decisions at the end of May? Those are probably skewing the data a little as well.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:49:56 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 253
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »
Do you think we'll see a slew of those kinds of turnarounds as it's getting into late June now?
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 04:43:50 PM »
It's about bloody time they updated them!

It does specify that it is in working days:

So that means that 67% of applications were processed in 6 weeks and 99% were processed in 12 weeks... which meets their processing standards time of 95% in 12 weeks.

I would estimate from previous months over the years that the majority of the 67% in 30 working days is priority applications. Then the next 32% in 60 working days are going to be mainly the non-priority applications.

Remember all those last-minute 15-working-day decisions at the end of May? Those are probably skewing the data a little as well.

Thanks! I'll have a look again - is it on the first bit before you get onto the page? All I know is that despite checking that site over the last 8 months or so, I did not understand that it was business days until i found this site, and still have not found information on the page where it gives the number of days.

I just did calculations based on what mbmoffat posted for March, April, and May (up until 10th - so I could calculate the 30 days thing) from the priority processing logged on this forum. 62% of those applications processed so far were within 30 working days, and 2% within 15 days. I guess the figures on here might be partly skewed as we are more likely to join into the dicussions actively when waiting longer and having problems - dunno.

It seems to make sense of the overall picture that up to 70% are priority applications.

I also worked out the mean, median and mode for whole of March, April and May priority applications logged here - it was 24, 23 and 22BD respectively. I know this is of no use to any of us, but my partner and I have reached 30 days with our application now and they still haven't told us if they have received our documents, so i had to do something! In the last 19 months we have managed to spend 14 weeks together (mostly not actually seeing each other during those times due to work) - that's 15% of the time, because now I cannot stop the calculations!  :P
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 04:57:18 PM »
I also worked out the mean, median and mode for whole of March, April and May priority applications logged here - it was 24, 23 and 22BD respectively. I know this is of no use to any of us, but my partner and I have reached 30 days with our application now and they still haven't told us if they have received our documents, so i had to do something! In the last 19 months we have managed to spend 14 weeks together (mostly not actually seeing each other during those times due to work) - that's 15% of the time, because now I cannot stop the calculations!  :P

Emily! ... step away from the calculator!!!  ;D 

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »
Emily! ... step away from the calculator!!!  ;D

Thanks - made me laugh!
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 05:07:38 PM »
Thanks! I'll have a look again - is it on the first bit before you get onto the page? All I know is that despite checking that site over the last 8 months or so, I did not understand that it was business days until i found this site, and still have not found information on the page where it gives the number of days.

I'm attaching a picture - I've highlighted in red where it says it

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 05:21:38 PM »
I'm attaching a picture - I've highlighted in red where it says it

Thanks! How strange - i don't understand how I looked often even specifically for that and still missed it - had to scroll up on phone but even so?
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 05:25:32 PM »
Emily, let me know if you need a job after you move.    ;D

The stats are always interesting but they are true statistics that are modified to allow a target to be met.  Meaning they lump priority and non-priority together and the jumping around in application dates/decision dates.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 05:25:48 PM »
Thanks! How strange - i don't understand how I looked often even specifically for that and still missed it - had to scroll up on phone but even so?

Hidden in plain sight!  ;)

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 05:37:14 PM »
Emily, let me know if you need a job after you move.    ;D

The stats are always interesting but they are true statistics that are modified to allow a target to be met.  Meaning they lump priority and non-priority together and the jumping around in application dates/decision dates.

Ha! Thanks. It's my wife whose doing the moving here, but I need more work and she'll need it too. Any percentages for me to calculate? As long as no small print (or rather large and obvious print!) to read - apparently that's one of my 'opportunities' (for development) as they put it in the US.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab