Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Incorrect advice  (Read 2130 times)

• Liked: 82
Incorrect advice
« on: June 21, 2017, 10:12:56 PM »
I'm so thankful for this forum. I'm about to leave groups on Facebook. The incorrect advice, or people correcting me saying I'm wrong and writing the exact same thing I've said. Posting screenshots of the guidance and then saying in the only one interpreting them that way. Claiming to be past ilr, when I know they get it after me, I can't. It must be so confusing for people seeking advice. I'm done.

The best was spread evenly over 2 years is all 3 bills from the 3 sources from the same month each each year. So for example,  gas bill, council tax, and sky bill....all joint, from April 2016 and April 2017. And I was wrong for suggesting to get a bill in each 4 month period as that is causing stress to those Applying as that is impossible for them to do. :/

Rant over

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 97
Re: Incorrect advice
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:45:42 PM »
ignore it. people here will appreciate you and your help. I know I will in Jan 2020 when I go for FLR.
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 10:51:04 PM »
ignore it. people here will appreciate you and your help. I know I will in Jan 2020 when I go for FLR.
Thanks. I typed an awful response but deleted it. It's just frustrating. I had one person say exactly the same thing as me, then change the end result. Cause 1 piece of joint mail every 4 months, equally 11 per application (???? How??????) And only 6 are needed. I stopped short of actually putting the actual equation up.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 10:56:55 PM »
Thanks. I typed an awful response but deleted it. It's just frustrating. I had one person say exactly the same thing as me, then change the end result. Cause 1 piece of joint mail every 4 months, equally 11 per application (???? How??????) And only 6 are needed. I stopped short of actually putting the actual equation up.

I rarely respond to things on Facebook.  It winds me up for no good reason.

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 01:18:54 AM »
The best was spread evenly over 2 years is all 3 bills from the 3 sources from the same month each each year. So for example,  gas bill, council tax, and sky bill....all joint, from April 2016 and April 2017. And I was wrong for suggesting to get a bill in each 4 month period as that is causing stress to those Applying as that is impossible for them to do. :/

Rant over

Causing them stress, I love it!   ;D
We must really traumatize our members here with all the correct information that we give out!.  ;)

• Liked: 116
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 10:51:17 AM »

Rant over

UGH I either saw that exchange or something similar.  And then a lot of the people on the groups claim that UKVI will go out of their way to refuse for ANY reason.  No, actually, it's a tick box visa and if you fulfill the requirements you'll get the visa.  One of the requirements is the post! AAAGH
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 56
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 02:33:10 PM »
Unfortunately, I think people just grasp at straws when it comes to the post issue. I'm in that boat. I've sadly got some long gaps between mine (about 5 months) due to bills all coming within the same time frames and not paying the best attention due to a depression I went through. I also didn't realize not all mail counts. I kept a lot of things like letters about our English Heritage membership, job contracts sent to me, and personal letters. I spent a long time worrying and freaking out about it on this forum. Ksand24, KFdancer, and others have given me as much advice as possible. All I can do is include everything I have that fits the requirement, write an explanation, and hope for the best. I am also including a job contract and a personal letter from those long gaps just in case. We decided to risk paying the extra for an in-person appointment just because I could not deal with the stress of waiting weeks to find out. But that's all we can do.
But I can understand the sentiment that you got from facebook. The idea that you could be ripped away from loved ones and a life you are building because of something as stupid as not enough mail is so stressful and terrifying, that people want to believe they will be ok over hearing facts. I'm sorry they made you feel bad for helping. Everyone on here has helped me so much and I am holding my breath until July 18th, just trying to ignore the fear and anxiety. For better or worse, you guys will definitely know how it turns out asap.  Hopefully it will be good news.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 154
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 09:33:37 PM »
I joined that group after people here talked about it. It gives me so much anxiety to read the posts. Particularly about people talking about how hard it's going to get for us non eu immigrants.

That's why I've been absent here, been taking a mini break from social media. This site is by far the best for advice, some of the stuff on the other site is shockingly bad, but I can't bring myself to argue because will they really listen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 09:41:41 PM »
It's crap. To see someone give advice then change it in their next comment, or give one person one bit of advice and another person something completely different annoyed me. I don't comment on anything they have commented on cause I can't be arsed with the agro. I've got people messaging me now asking advice, which I don't mind. People that have seen the exchanges. I'm seriously contemplating just deleting all my comments and leaving the group. The American women in the UK group is better....and of course. I still have you guys

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 154
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 08:56:34 PM »
I think that's best, I feel bad when I see bad advice given and sometimes I'll private message people to try to persuade them to come here. However,  it seems like a lot are from Tunisia or Morocco etc. General same rules though.

I initially joined for some light entertainment but I can't stand it now.

• Liked: 134
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 12:50:06 AM »
This post has really peaked my interest. Part of me wants to ask which group while the other part is saying "it's one am, for goodness sake, put the phone away."

I have looked at a few other sites and I much prefer this one. It's a community as well as a place for advice.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 12:53:55 AM »
This post has really peaked my interest. Part of me wants to ask which group while the other part is saying "it's one am, for goodness sake, put the phone away."

I have looked at a few other sites and I much prefer this one. It's a community as well as a place for advice.
I love my foreign spouse on Facebook. It's proper cringe.......

• Liked: 958
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 02:29:07 AM »
It's crap. To see someone give advice then change it in their next comment, or give one person one bit of advice and another person something completely different annoyed me. I

I've learned this is how most "Groups" on facebook go. I'm in some for the assorted rare health conditions I have, and thankfully they have good moderators because some of the advice given is both atrocious, incorrect, and could be potentially dangerous. I feel like immigration forums fall prey to some of the same issues without crazy good & knowledgeable mods who aren't afraid to stop comments/delete posts/moderate the discussion. I'm very thankful for this forum and all the awesome people I've encountered here :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 11:07:07 AM »
I joined that group after people here talked about it. It gives me so much anxiety to read the posts. Particularly about people talking about how hard it's going to get for us non eu immigrants.

That's why I've been absent here, been taking a mini break from social media. This site is by far the best for advice, some of the stuff on the other site is shockingly bad, but I can't bring myself to argue because will they really listen?

What group was this?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 11:09:44 AM »
What group was this?
I love my foreign spouse on Facebook

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab