Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Incorrect advice  (Read 2119 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Incorrect advice
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »
I love my foreign spouse on Facebook. It's proper cringe.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just looked and the description alone makes me feel like I won't enjoy it as it sounds aggressive in it's approach with the "defend the right.." bit but that's just me personally. Don't get sucked in. It's just extra headache for you against people that will never change their mind. I usually operate by trying to have calm and rational discussion of facts based on my understanding but certain responses you receive just let you know that people isn't interested in calm, rational discussions so you'll never change their mind.

This place is literally the best of all the sites I've been on since I first looked into my VISA and moving back in 2012/2013. Everybody here is friendly, helpful, and accurate. Even with disagreements, it's almost always polite and insightful comments where people can agree to disagree in the end. I've rarely seen it get nasty on here but it seems like the majority of Facebook pages always tend to bring the tolls out! Don't even stress over it, it's not worth your time :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 82
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »
Just looked and the description alone makes me feel like I won't enjoy it as it sounds aggressive in it's approach with the "defend the right.." bit but that's just me personally. Don't get sucked in. It's just extra headache for you against people that will never change their mind. I usually operate by trying to have calm and rational discussion of facts based on my understanding but certain responses you receive just let you know that people isn't interested in calm, rational discussions so you'll never change their mind.

This place is literally the best of all the sites I've been on since I first looked into my VISA and moving back in 2012/2013. Everybody here is friendly, helpful, and accurate. Even with disagreements, it's almost always polite and insightful comments where people can agree to disagree in the end. I've rarely seen it get nasty on here but it seems like the majority of Facebook pages always tend to bring the tolls out! Don't even stress over it, it's not worth your time :)
It's awful, I'm staying on to help those who need it, but I won't reply if a couple of certain people have already replied. They only tell me I'm wrong, even if I saw exactly the same as them. But one of them ALWAYS replies after me.......directly to me. It is grinding, but I'm just ignoring.

I should have known when they told me I couldn't apply for ilr 28 days before I have been here for 5 years, that I had to apply after I've been in the country 5 years. Even after I showed her proof from the gov.UK website.........I was still wrong.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:24:16 AM by JennyEye »

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 11:52:11 AM »
It's awful, I'm staying on to help those who need it, but I won't reply if a couple of certain people have already replied. They only tell me I'm wrong, even if I saw exactly the same as them. But one of them ALWAYS replies after me.......directly to me. It is grinding, but I'm just ignoring.

I should have known when they told me I couldn't apply for ilr 28 days before I have been here for 5 years, that I had to apply after I've been in the country 5 years. Even after I showed her proof from the gov.UK website.........I was still wrong.

They just want to be the "hero". Not even worth it to engage so you're right to just not even acknowledge them and only look to help the people that need it. I admit though, sometimes when you know you're right and you have the facts, it's hard to not be tempted into replying lol
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 01:01:51 PM »
There is one girl on there that really knows her stuff--she's their ksand or KF or any of our other lovely helpful people who know what's going on.  I feel for her though because people tag her day and night.  I hope when she goes to sleep she puts her phone on airplane mode  :P
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 01:08:28 PM »
There is one girl on there that really knows her stuff--she's their ksand or KF or any of our other lovely helpful people who know what's going on.  I feel for her though because people tag her day and night.  I hope when she goes to sleep she puts her phone on airplane mode 
if it's the same person I'm thinking of, this is the person in talking about. It's she knows her stuff, but she also gives a lot of misinformation, or changes her advice when someone challenges her. And when I showed her the correct advice once, she told me it was my opinion (it was the actual info on the actual application) and was quite condescending.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 01:56:15 PM »
if it's the same person I'm thinking of, this is the person in talking about. It's she knows her stuff, but she also gives a lot of misinformation, or changes her advice when someone challenges her. And when I showed her the correct advice once, she told me it was my opinion (it was the actual info on the actual application) and was quite condescending.

Hm, I haven't seen any of this from her, so I'm not sure we are thinking of the same person.  I stopped reading the application checklist posts a while back though.

Spouse Visa:

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 02:48:40 PM »
I know I shouldn't even be considering this but I'm really curious to see what goes on in that group! (glutton for punishment) ;D
What happens after you hit the join group button?   :o

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »
I know I shouldn't even be considering this but I'm really curious to see what goes on in that group! (glutton for punishment) ;D
What happens after you hit the join group button?   :o

Not much, I suspect a lot of us are quiet observers.  They update a LOT so there's a lot to read but most of the people updating do not seem to be people we know are waiting over here.  It's almost all immigration stuff/people talking about how long they've been waiting and how hard it is.  Which is valid, but a lot of us over here are also active on other boards than immigration.

Every so often some really juicy stuff goes down, a while back someone posted about being in love with this guy, and then the guy's WIFE started commenting and saying how she stole him and they've only known each other on the internet etc etc.  I got popcorn.
Spouse Visa:

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 02:54:52 PM »
Not much, I suspect a lot of us are quiet observers.  They update a LOT so there's a lot to read but most of the people updating do not seem to be people we know are waiting over here.  It's almost all immigration stuff/people talking about how long they've been waiting and how hard it is.  Which is valid, but a lot of us over here are also active on other boards than immigration.

Every so often some really juicy stuff goes down, a while back someone posted about being in love with this guy, and then the guy's WIFE started commenting and saying how she stole him and they've only known each other on the internet etc etc.  I got popcorn.

Sounds like some serious soap opera stuff.... Trolls perhaps? lol (Maybe I watch too much Catfish hahahaha)
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 02:56:26 PM »

Car crash then!   8)
So all you have to do is hit the button and you're in? Don't they have to accept you or anything like that?

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 03:02:52 PM »
Car crash then!   8)
So all you have to do is hit the button and you're in? Don't they have to accept you or anything like that?
Yeah you have to be accepted. It is really soap opera sometimes. Lots of drama about husband claiming they don't live with wives in their country. There was one, where a woman got her husband over. She was really close to his sister. He went to visit his family, came back to the U.K. A nearly 9 months later his 'sister' comes to visit heavily pregnant. His sister was actually his wife........

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
Yeah you have to be accepted. It is really soap opera sometimes. Lots of drama about husband claiming they don't live with wives in their country. There was one, where a woman got her husband over. She was really close to his sister. He went to visit his family, came back to the U.K. A nearly 9 months later his 'sister' comes to visit heavily pregnant. His sister was actually his wife........

I think I would be questioning how real these people and there stories are! LOL I would definitely be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued but, on the other hand, I don't want that frustration popping up on my newsfeed! lol
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 59
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2017, 03:57:17 PM »
Maybe someone can screenshot all the great threads and post them over here. Because I'm certainly not subjecting myself to any amount of idiocy and/or ***hattery on the off-chance there's some great telenovela going on.

Facebook is the worst  ;D (says the girl with a Facebook account)

• Liked: 154
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 07:49:37 PM »

I've seen this too. We have to be thinking about the same person.

I've probably seen you comment on there, if your real names Jenny.. think I've seen some real advice from a Jen or Jenny

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 07:52:39 PM »
I've seen this too. We have to be thinking about the same person.

I've probably seen you comment on there, if your real names Jenny.. think I've seen some real advice from a Jen or Jenny
My names Jennifer on Facebook. Profile pic is me as a little baby. Thanks for noticing in giving correct advice. I nearly lost it when she said it was my opinion. 😏

Sponsored Links