Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: No guidelines of BRP with visa  (Read 461 times)

• Liked: 7
No guidelines of BRP with visa
« on: June 22, 2017, 01:00:02 AM »
Hello there

We just received my son's settlement visa - indefinite leave to enter the UK. The visa is valid till 2022 and type is " settlement accompanying mother to join father"

They didn't mention a BRP. as both my husband and I have ILR BRPs we thought he would be getting one too. Any ideas?

• Liked: 6110
Re: No guidelines of BRP with visa
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 01:29:20 AM »
Hello there

We just received my son's settlement visa - indefinite leave to enter the UK. The visa is valid till 2022 and type is " settlement accompanying mother to join father"

They didn't mention a BRP. as both my husband and I have ILR BRPs we thought he would be getting one too. Any ideas?

I think this explains it.

There are two significant dates on the entry clearance:

- The ‘effective’ date which is the date on which the entry clearance is issued (and therefore the date on which the applicant can travel)

-The ‘expiry’ date which is the date when the entry clearance will not be valid for travel to the UK, and nor will it confer leave to enter. The ‘expiry’ date for applicants who qualify for ILE should represent the expiry date of the applicant’s passport and does not indicate an expiry of ‘indefinite leave to enter’ 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entry-clearance-vignettes-ecb09/ecb09-entry-clearance-vignettes-types-safeguarding-and-validity

So that's right. ILE is indefinite so the visa expiry date should correspond with the date the passport expires. The vignette will be the visa rather than a BRP.

Congratulations!  ;D

• Liked: 7
Re: No guidelines of BRP with visa
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 08:04:56 AM »
Ah thanks!!! That explains it.
Best,

Sponsored Links