Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK to US and back again?  (Read 545 times)

• Liked: 0
UK to US and back again?
« on: June 24, 2017, 09:22:02 PM »
Hi

I'm a dual UK/US citizen.  Have been living in the US for the last 23 years and have been trying to decide for the last few years whether to move back to the UK.

Brexit made us pause and reconsider moving but of course now we have Trump here!  Brexit broke my heart and Trump stomped all over it!  ;)

I feel very much half and half and think at this point I will never be fully at home in either country.  The expat curse!

• Liked: 6110
Re: UK to US and back again?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 09:35:57 PM »
Welcome!  ;D

At least being dual, you do have the option of either country even though, as you say, nowhere feels just quite right!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 10:01:35 PM »
Thanks larrabee!  Yes, we are very lucky.  Although Theresa May's made it very expensive and stressful getting UK citizenship for our children (they were adopted) but we got it in the end.

As a UK citizen I feel so angry and ashamed of the obstacles, in particular financial, that the Home Office (under May) has put in the way of any UK citizen wanting to live in the UK with their non EU spouse. :(

• Liked: 533
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 07:34:45 AM »
Brexit broke my heart and Trump stomped all over it!  ;)

Sums up my state of mind.

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab