Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UPS tracking  (Read 247 times)

• Liked: 449
UPS tracking
« on: June 26, 2017, 05:53:14 PM »
Hello, I still don't know if they received our package which was delivered to S11 in Sheffield special delivery on 10th May. I followed up with MP today (though of course we have the MP email hacking now to add into the mix).
But IF our package is in the system, THEN on basis of current trends we might hear this week.

The solicitor said I could just include special delivery return envelope for all the docs. (I wish I'd been on this forum then!)

So IF our application is processed then I understand they might contact us at that point to organise shipping the passport (hopefully approved!), because they will not send it to me in UK to send on. Is there anything we can do at this stage to get the UPS shipping organised? My partner's tenancy ends this week so we'll have to get it sent to relatives.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 4985
Re: UPS tracking
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 06:15:02 PM »
Unfortunately this may be some bad news.... hopefully someone will correct me if reality has proved otherwise...

In my experience, they ask for the return shipping information when they open the package.  Just as they ask for Appendix 2 if not included when they open the package.

Not to worry though, you've got an MP on the case now and they WILL get this resolved for you.

Has your attorney owned up to not giving you correct guidance?

• Liked: 449
Re: UPS tracking
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 06:30:31 PM »
Unfortunately this may be some bad news.... hopefully someone will correct me if reality has proved otherwise...

In my experience, they ask for the return shipping information when they open the package.  Just as they ask for Appendix 2 if not included when they open the package.

Not to worry though, you've got an MP on the case now and they WILL get this resolved for you.

Has your attorney owned up to not giving you correct guidance?

Thanks. Yes there's no evidence so far that anyone has opened the package. The solicitor has said in writing that he will accept responsibility if we are declined as a result of the address he sent it to. So frustrating as we checked and double checked the discrepancy with him before going ahead with his address. But it's further complicated now by UKVI saying the address he/ we used is correct. I trusted his judgement at the time as he'd explained that they were discussing among solicitors the current chaos at Sheffield and settlement applications being wrongly forwarded to New York and general misinformation. We were already stressed because post office money statements kept not arriving (3 times) and I just believed what he told us (as of course did he). Ugh.  Just so upset cos  we worked so hard on it all, paid so much and i was so vigilant, but ultimately I trusted his judgement.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab