Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement application sent to UKVI New York?  (Read 2615 times)

• Liked: 49
Settlement application sent to UKVI New York?
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:10:03 AM »
Got an email from NEYOZVxxxx saying my stuff was being sent to UKVI NY and prepared for assesment.

Is there something wrong? Aren't they suppose to be done in Sheffield?

Timeline:
Applied May 25 2017
Bio Appt: June 2 2017
Sent June 2 2017
Received Email Sheffield : June 5 2017
Extra Email : June 5 2017 missing appendix 2 and i can email it to them

Email from UKVI NY: June 20 being assessed.

Havent heard back, today June 26 2017  :\\\'(

• Liked: 449
Re: Settlement application sent to UKVI New York?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 12:29:27 AM »
Got an email from NEYOZVxxxx saying my stuff was being sent to UKVI NY and prepared for assesment.

Is there something wrong? Aren't they suppose to be done in Sheffield?

Timeline:
Applied May 25 2017
Bio Appt: June 2 2017
Sent June 2 2017
Received Email Sheffield : June 5 2017
Extra Email : June 5 2017 missing appendix 2 and i can email it to them

Email from UKVI NY: June 20 being assessed.

Havent heard back, today June 26 2017  :\\\'(

My understanding is that yes spouse visa applications from US now go to Sheffield (and I think used to be processed in New York). Earlier I posted under heading UPS tracking that our solicitor had told me there had been mistakes exactly like this one with application wrongly forwarded to and then returned from New York. So sorry this is happening to you. Hopefully someone who knows more will be along, but just wanted to acknowledge your message being as I'm here and unable to sleep. Can't believe the chaos in this process. 
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 12:35:00 AM »
You are so sweet, Im with you. What should i do. my hub works for uk governemnt, and got in touch with a MP and there is so much she could do. and she said its " under consideration " dont even know what the hell that means. They love to split familes. Should i call UKVI customer service and escalate it? I escalated another problem and i had New york escalations email me the next morning. what do you think :)

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 12:53:41 AM »
You are so sweet, Im with you. What should i do. my hub works for uk governemnt, and got in touch with a MP and there is so much she could do. and she said its " under consideration " dont even know what the hell that means. They love to split familes. Should i call UKVI customer service and escalate it? I escalated another problem and i had New york escalations email me the next morning. what do you think :)

I am fairly clueless to be honest. All I know is what I have gathered here over last month. I know that my escalation phone call in UK (that cost £20) approx 3 weeks ago has had zero impact. And I have not read anything anywhere saying anyone had got any benefit from ringing helpline. It does seem that MPs are getting listened to and are the best way forward when things go wrong. They are told that nothing can be done until past service standard of 12 weeks I think, but when mistakes, like this seems to be, happen, they seem like the best/ only route. I've also read on here people contacting their political representatives over there and getting help, which might be useful given your application seems to be in New York. Hope you get answers and the situation is remedied very soon. You never know, this happening might even result in you getting a decision sooner cos of getting MP involved. 
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 01:05:00 AM »
a moerator from another forum told me that some visas are being sent to UKVI New York becasue of backlog but have never made it offical on any website. Which could be why i received that. OR maybe the email was just an error all together. ive been tracking via UPS and i see nothing yet :/ i seriously miss my husband

• Liked: 75
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 01:46:17 AM »
a moerator from another forum told me that some visas are being sent to UKVI New York becasue of backlog but have never made it offical on any website. Which could be why i received that. OR maybe the email was just an error all together. ive been tracking via UPS and i see nothing yet :/ i seriously miss my husband

This is somewhat related. I was looking under "Request a Refund" on my Visa4UK account, just to see what it says. It had the processing payment date for the next business day (and it has continuously moved to the next day every time I check it!) AND the processing place said New York Consulate instead of Sheffield.
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 01:56:45 AM »
literally petrified to even click on it. im afraid itll refund it. now im going to be mega tempted. i cant believe how fast you got yours :(  hopefully mine is in its final stages?

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 02:14:46 AM »
literally petrified to even click on it. im afraid itll refund it. now im going to be mega tempted. i cant believe how fast you got yours :(  hopefully mine is in its final stages?
oh no, I haven't gotten anything at all. I just check the link every day. Sorry for the miscommunication. Last concrete interaction I had with them was May 15th when they confirmed my application had been received and was being prepared etc. I attempted to upgrade retroactively on June 2, but they won't confirm if they accepted it!

Our MP has been consistently unavailable so we're trying to reach him via email. He doesn't even have surgery hours posted!
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 02:24:49 AM »
I seriously wanna cry im so desperate to hear back. i miss my husband so much. its even more delayed because we did the wrong visa 3 times prior. not even confident this one is perfect.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 02:34:08 AM »
I seriously wanna cry im so desperate to hear back. i miss my husband so much. its even more delayed because we did the wrong visa 3 times prior. not even confident this one is perfect.
ugh I'm so sorry, I'm in the same depressing boat. My daughter is with DH in the U.K. (shes in school and we thought I'd be away for a much shorter period). Our first application got rejected back in Feb. Today she called me crying because she got hurt and missed me and I literally have never felt so helpless. Hang in there, each day brings us closer to a conclusion!
Married December 8, 2007
-

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 02:36:33 AM »
omg wow that makes me so sad seriously :( god seriously kuddos for you being a mom and being strong! have you not seen your daughter since then? and also, may i ask not in detail why was the reason you got refused.

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 02:48:45 AM »
omg wow that makes me so sad seriously :( god seriously kuddos for you being a mom and being strong! have you not seen your daughter since then? and also, may i ask not in detail why was the reason you got refused.
Nope! Trying to save money to reapply (I think I made a mistake on this application too!!).

Basically we got rejected because we didn't provide enough financial evidence from DH's previous job since he'd been working less than 6 months in the U.K. at that point.
Married December 8, 2007
-

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 08:57:48 AM »
This is somewhat related. I was looking under "Request a Refund" on my Visa4UK account, just to see what it says. It had the processing payment date for the next business day (and it has continuously moved to the next day every time I check it!) AND the processing place said New York Consulate instead of Sheffield.

Processing showing as New York consulate instead of Sheffield is correct.   :)

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 09:44:03 AM »
Processing showing as New York consulate instead of Sheffield is correct.   :)

Now I am really confused. What is correct? Applications being sent to New York because of back log?
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 09:48:17 AM »
Now I am really confused. What is correct? Applications being sent to New York because of back log?

New York is the official administration hub for US applications... so in the system, it sometimes treats ALL applications as being processed in New York for administrative purposes, when actually, the settlement applications are processed in Sheffield.

It's similar to, for example, Canadian applications saying Toronto, even though the visas are actually processed in New York and Sheffield.

We have no idea at this point whether applications are being sent to New York... if they are, the posts above are the first I've heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links