Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement application sent to UKVI New York?  (Read 2629 times)

• Liked: 449
Re: Settlement application sent to UKVI New York?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 09:58:34 AM »
New York is the official administration hub for US applications... so in the system, it sometimes treats ALL applications as being processed in New York for administrative purposes, when actually, the settlement applications are processed in Sheffield.

It's similar to, for example, Canadian applications saying Toronto, even though the visas are actually processed in New York and Sheffield.

We have no idea at this point whether applications are being sent to New York... if they are, the posts above are the first I've heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying. Back in April when I went to the solicitor to complete the online application, he said there were stories from other solicitors about confusion over the address including applications being forwarded to New York.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 10:11:50 AM »
Thanks for clarifying. Back in April when I went to the solicitor to complete the online application, he said there were stories from other solicitors about confusion over the address including applications being forwarded to New York.

I've been on the forum for over 10 years and have never heard of this happening before.

Until March 2013, ALL applications were processed in New York, but then they moved the settlement visa applications to Sheffield.

For a while, the New York office would forward settlement applications to Sheffield for you, but I've never heard of it happening the other way around.

• Liked: 449
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 10:32:48 AM »
I've been on the forum for over 10 years and have never heard of this happening before.

Until March 2013, ALL applications were processed in New York, but then they moved the settlement visa applications to Sheffield.

For a while, the New York office would forward settlement applications to Sheffield for you, but I've never heard of it happening the other way around.

Very glad you and the forum are here.

My friend's son used to work for UKVI presumably before 2013 - she spoke to him about my application not getting receipt email and wthe Sheffield address, and he said it should have been sent to New York. I knew that was wrong and outdated information because of the clarity here - thankfully.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 49
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 04:02:01 PM »
Hi,

My understanding all settlment is done in sheffield. some are unoffically being sent to UKVI NY because of the exsessive amount of north american application. A friend of mine had sister who worked in UKVI and told me somtimes that is the case but like maybe 2-3% of them. So dont always expect yours going to UKVI NY, at this point we all have to wait till it arrives in the mail. I even hear that they send the decsion emails late/delayed and people get their visas in their hand without notification.   too many things!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 04:16:53 PM »
Hi,

My understanding all settlment is done in sheffield. some are unoffically being sent to UKVI NY because of the exsessive amount of north american application. A friend of mine had sister who worked in UKVI and told me somtimes that is the case but like maybe 2-3% of them. So dont always expect yours going to UKVI NY, at this point we all have to wait till it arrives in the mail. I even hear that they send the decsion emails late/delayed and people get their visas in their hand without notification.   too many things!

As ksand said, definitely the first we've heard of it.  But NYC processes MUCH faster than Sheffield so not necessarily a bad thing.   :D

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 04:31:59 PM »
Heres the email your guys help? :)

june 20

Dear applicant,

Your application for a visa has been received by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) in New York and is being assembled and prepared for assessment.

and then all the generic automated stuff after****

Email is: NEYOZVisaxxxxxxx@fco.gov.uk
__

I previously got an email June 5 day it arrived stating my VAF, which is the number on my visa if approved on the subject headline asking for my missing appendix.

isnt that weird about the email tho?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »
Looks like it might be a fake/spam email address... this does happen and UKVI have warned about receiving fake emails: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/frauds-tricks-and-scams/fraud-tricks-and-scams.

It's the NEYOZVisa part that is concerning me - it doesn't look like a genuine email handle for the NY consulate (though @fco.gov.uk is right). Is the 'xxxxxxx' part of the email address or have you blanked that part out?

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 04:46:39 PM »
it is fco gov uk, and i didnt want to put the whole email if i got in trouble. someone else thinks they just put an automated email but its really in sheffield. there is no clarity. im so tempted to call them. I even got an MP involved and she just made sure it was being looked at and all she said was they told her " being considered"

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 04:59:37 PM »
NEYOZVisaInfo at ......

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 05:19:23 PM »
NEYOZVisaInfo at ......

This popped up when I googled the email address.

Try clicking reply and see if it stays the same or changes.  Though they haven't asked for money or a reply, so could be genuine.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/frauds-tricks-and-scams/fraud-tricks-and-scams

Never mind!  Further searches proves it's real!  I bet you get a decision very quickly now!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 05:22:08 PM by KFdancer »

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 06:01:08 PM »
should i escalate this email? and call UKVI

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 06:14:26 PM »
should i escalate this email? and call UKVI

Escalating means nothing.  The call centre is useless.  It's a real email address. Sit back and relax (as best you can).   :)

• Liked: 75
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »
Escalating means nothing.  The call centre is useless.  It's a real email address. Sit back and relax (as best you can).   :)
Glad I read this, I keep seeing posts about escalating and I was going to ask how to do it.
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 06:28:26 PM »
i paid for a sheffield return ups thing. do you think they will pay their own and send it with a different ups number if this is the case?

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 07:24:07 PM »
i paid for a sheffield return ups thing. do you think they will pay their own and send it with a different ups number if this is the case?

Yes.   :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab